GM Hockey
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
GM Hockey

You are not connected. Please login or register

Talk is Cheap!

+6
Riprock
shabbs
Flo The Action
SensFan71
wprager
Cap'n Clutch
10 posters

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next

Go down  Message [Page 5 of 6]

61Talk is Cheap! - Page 5 Empty Re: Talk is Cheap! Tue Jun 09, 2009 10:13 am

wprager

Administrator
Administrator

MurderOnIce wrote:
wprager wrote:
shabbs wrote:
504Heater wrote:Uh oh! Ahhhhh!
Sounds like an approvals/testing/sign-off process needs to be put in place.

Wink

Sort of a mini-CCB (change control board).

I just finished the PMP pre-exam prep course today. I don't want to hear any more PMI-related TLAs, thank you very much.

And, yes, the link was good (you didn't try it?). I was going to put GMCentralhockey.forumotion.net, but then remembered seeing the shorter version somewhere. I guess I assumed the shorter version would have the same "core" as the longer one

Passed my PMP in November last year. Grueling study for the exam. The worst part is you write it and are anticipating the mark with nervous energy and then.... 'please fill out a survey'... takes 5 minutes but when you are waiting to find out if you frickin' passed it seems like an eternity. Then you just get 'You passed' no marks... nothing but all of the knowledge areas and 'proficient' is the mark. Frustrating. As a competitive person I want to know my score but oh well. BTW Maintain the PDU's no-one wants to do that again....

GOOD LUCK!

Honestly, I think I could have passed without doing the prep course or even studying. Half of the questions are common-sense, and of the rest, a lot of them you can quickly eliminate two of the four answers, leaving you with a 50/50 chance. That's 75% and a pass. Sure, it helps knowing PMI's terminology, and I the formulas I learned will add a couple of marks, plus I would have been completely grasping for straws in any Procurement/Contracts questions. So the prep course was definitely not a waste of time -- but I still think I could have passed without it.

As for keeping upt he PDUs, for sure. Just as soon as I find an employer willing to foot the bill for conferences and such. They have PMI conferences in warm climes, right?

62Talk is Cheap! - Page 5 Empty Re: Talk is Cheap! Tue Jun 09, 2009 10:17 am

wprager

Administrator
Administrator

Cap'n Clutch wrote:OK guys lets get this back on track. It's about our new Slogan Talk is Cheap and the Campaign we are trying to get moving. Have we all emailed the Team1200 or other sports shows?

Well, within Ottawa, isn't Team1200 pretty much it? Or are you thinking of something over in Aylmer? Outside of Ottawa, would there be any interest?

63Talk is Cheap! - Page 5 Empty Re: Talk is Cheap! Tue Jun 09, 2009 10:19 am

wprager

Administrator
Administrator

Excellent, Dash. Unfortunately it reminds me of that hit and how no-one stepped up. They said they needed the win -- the epitome of "Talk is cheap".

64Talk is Cheap! - Page 5 Empty Re: Talk is Cheap! Tue Jun 09, 2009 10:28 am

PTFlea

PTFlea
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

Dash wrote:Talk is Cheap! - Page 5 Alfietalkischeap1

I wanted to show what I think a real leader represents, and Alfredsson is that. Here is a guy that does his talking on the ice. He plays hard and plays through pain. How many times has he suffered an injury that would likely keep any other person down and out for who knows how long only to come back? He is one tough S.O.B.

Another player I think exemplifies this type of passion is the A-Train.

So cool...I'm really impressed.

65Talk is Cheap! - Page 5 Empty Re: Talk is Cheap! Tue Jun 09, 2009 10:29 am

PTFlea

PTFlea
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

Acrobat wrote:
504Heater wrote:It's actually not a great thread idea period. Not to sound preachy, but there's no real reason for us to bad mouth a journalist or Kevin Lee ( Sarcasm ) or anyone for that matter. It's one thing to badmouth the players, but it's probably not great to create threads denouncing radio personalities and sports writers in a city this small.

Am I wrong? Shrug

What about the general commentary about McGuire? I ask because it's fairly pervasive, albeit usually at a low level. To eliminate it, you'd have to scour/scrub the entire message board.

No, that's all well and good to be honest. Everyone else bashes that bald dude like nuts, so, why should we be any different? :^^^^:

The main thing I was looking to avoid, was bashing local journalists etc.

66Talk is Cheap! - Page 5 Empty Re: Talk is Cheap! Tue Jun 09, 2009 10:31 am

Unfortunatly Dash, the guys that do most of the talking in Ottawa are the guys that were a no show for most of last year and underachieved in a large way after signing contracts.

Heatley, Spezza, Fisher (as much as I hate grouping him in there). Those 3 have signed their deals and underachieved ever since. They always have a mic in their face and spit out exactly what they think we want to hear. I dont want to hear anything, anymore, from anyone besides the Captain, because that's all they do, talk.

Shut up and get it done!

67Talk is Cheap! - Page 5 Empty Re: Talk is Cheap! Tue Jun 09, 2009 10:36 am

PTFlea

PTFlea
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

Neely4Life wrote:Unfortunatly Dash, the guys that do most of the talking in Ottawa are the guys that were a no show for most of last year and underachieved in a large way after signing contracts.

Heatley, Spezza, Fisher (as much as I hate grouping him in there). Those 3 have signed their deals and underachieved ever since. They always have a mic in their face and spit out exactly what they think we want to hear. I dont want to hear anything, anymore, from anyone besides the Captain, because that's all they do, talk.

Shut up and get it done!

Another good slogan if you ask me. Shrug

68Talk is Cheap! - Page 5 Empty Re: Talk is Cheap! Tue Jun 09, 2009 10:37 am

SeawaySensFan

SeawaySensFan
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

I think the "Talk is Cheap" slogan was more appropriate back in November when the handwriting was already on the wall. I like the way things are going now.

69Talk is Cheap! - Page 5 Empty Re: Talk is Cheap! Tue Jun 09, 2009 10:38 am

Ya, I'm just full of them. I spit out the right cliche's.

70Talk is Cheap! - Page 5 Empty Re: Talk is Cheap! Tue Jun 09, 2009 10:38 am

Thats not bad as a sub-heading. Like:

TALK IS CHEAP

Shut Up and Get it Done

etc.

71Talk is Cheap! - Page 5 Empty Re: Talk is Cheap! Tue Jun 09, 2009 10:40 am

SeawaySensFan wrote:I think the "Talk is Cheap" slogan was more appropriate back in November when the handwriting was already on the wall. I like the way things are going now.

They did lose their last 2 games of the season... I'm not sold on anything in Ottawa except Karlsson.

72Talk is Cheap! - Page 5 Empty Re: Talk is Cheap! Tue Jun 09, 2009 10:40 am

PTFlea

PTFlea
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

cash wrote:Thats not bad as a sub-heading. Like:

TALK IS CHEAP

Shut Up and Get it Done

etc.

Yeah, that actually works really well.

73Talk is Cheap! - Page 5 Empty Re: Talk is Cheap! Tue Jun 09, 2009 10:42 am

SeawaySensFan

SeawaySensFan
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

Neely4Life wrote:
SeawaySensFan wrote:I think the "Talk is Cheap" slogan was more appropriate back in November when the handwriting was already on the wall. I like the way things are going now.

They did lose their last 2 games of the season... I'm not sold on anything in Ottawa except Karlsson.

It's funny because Karlsson fancies himself a young Nik Kronwall and just this morning Kronwall was mentioned as future Norris material...

74Talk is Cheap! - Page 5 Empty Re: Talk is Cheap! Tue Jun 09, 2009 10:44 am

Kronwall is awesome. Physical, tallented, smart, he has it all.

But ya, everything is a question mark in Ottawa. Every player, coach, and manager there is a question mark about.

75Talk is Cheap! - Page 5 Empty Re: Talk is Cheap! Tue Jun 09, 2009 10:46 am

PTFlea

PTFlea
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

SeawaySensFan wrote:
It's funny because Karlsson fancies himself a young Nik Kronwall and just this morning Kronwall was mentioned as future Norris material...

Yeah, I remember hearing him say that and thinking, Kronwall? Really?

Now I get it. Ahhhhh!

76Talk is Cheap! - Page 5 Empty Re: Talk is Cheap! Tue Jun 09, 2009 10:54 am

SeawaySensFan

SeawaySensFan
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

504Heater wrote:
cash wrote:
Maybe you guys should delete the "peabrain Kulka and smalltime Versage" thread before alerting them to the websites existence Shrug

Honestly, I was thinking that the other day. It's not a great thread to have in a city this small, one day they're bound to find this site. Perhaps they even like it - then they see that thread. And guaranteed they're not amused.

One problem: Best... thread... EVER!!! Tantrum

77Talk is Cheap! - Page 5 Empty Re: Talk is Cheap! Tue Jun 09, 2009 11:55 am

Riprock

Riprock
All-Star
All-Star

78Talk is Cheap! - Page 5 Empty Re: Talk is Cheap! Tue Jun 09, 2009 12:15 pm

wprager

wprager
Administrator
Administrator

Dash wrote:Talk is Cheap! - Page 5 Alfietalkischeap2