GM Hockey
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
GM Hockey

You are not connected. Please login or register

Talk is Cheap!

+6
Riprock
shabbs
Flo The Action
SensFan71
wprager
Cap'n Clutch
10 posters

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next

Go down  Message [Page 2 of 6]

16Talk is Cheap! - Page 2 Empty Re: Talk is Cheap! Mon Jun 08, 2009 12:53 pm

shabbs

Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer

cash wrote:But there's no way in hell that a multi-million dollar corporation would publicly embarass themselves by unveiling an ad campaign that challenges the character of their employees.
Like that stupid Centurion opening gig at SBP?

Laughing3

17Talk is Cheap! - Page 2 Empty Re: Talk is Cheap! Mon Jun 08, 2009 12:53 pm

SensFan71

All-Star
All-Star

they need new PR people, and if they chose not to listen, I like Shabbs idea of the Fans running their own slogan separate from the team PR department, like the people's slogan.

18Talk is Cheap! - Page 2 Empty Re: Talk is Cheap! Mon Jun 08, 2009 12:55 pm

shabbs wrote:
cash wrote:But there's no way in hell that a multi-million dollar corporation would publicly embarass themselves by unveiling an ad campaign that challenges the character of their employees.

Laughing3

I would hope the last 2 years are embarassing enough.

19Talk is Cheap! - Page 2 Empty Re: Talk is Cheap! Mon Jun 08, 2009 1:02 pm

SensFan71

All-Star
All-Star

shabbs wrote:

Laughing3

ugh harsh memories of that one, keep spartacat though. are there any ice dancers/girls at SBP? lol

20Talk is Cheap! - Page 2 Empty Re: Talk is Cheap! Mon Jun 08, 2009 1:04 pm

shabbs

shabbs
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer

SensFan71 wrote:
shabbs wrote:

Laughing3

ugh harsh memories of that one, keep spartacat though. are there any ice dancers/girls at SBP? lol
HA HA! Take a lesson from the Storm Girls... the Sens need some cheer leaders. We could call them...

"The Greek Goddesses"

And they'd wear togas... revealing togas...

Yes... yes.

21Talk is Cheap! - Page 2 Empty Re: Talk is Cheap! Mon Jun 08, 2009 1:05 pm

Cap'n Clutch

Cap'n Clutch
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

cash wrote:
wprager wrote:
shabbs wrote:The Sens are not gonna change their slogan. They've wasted I have no idea how much money coming up with "A FORCE UNITED" and we're stuck with that lame-oid one for now.

I'd focus more on bringing attention to this as "The REAL Sens Slogan" and bring awareness as to why we here at GMHockey.com think it's more appropriate instead of trying to get them to change it.

I'm pretty sure they come up with a new one each new season.

They have...but you guys are dreaming in technicolor if you actually think the Sens organization is going to back a slogan like that for real...

Its a great idea for an underground movement to express the fans collective dissatisfaction with the lip service and effort level seen in recent times from this team.

It would be great if it gained enough momentum to actually reach the players and the organization, so that it could provide that little bit of extra insentive for them to show their not all talk and that they want to win as badly as we want them to win.

But there's no way in hell that a multi-million dollar corporation would publicly embarass themselves by unveiling an ad campaign that challenges the character of their employees.

I certainly don't expect the organization to take on the slogan I just want it to gain enough momentum to become mainstream news and perhaps it puts our little forum on the map?

- Unknown Author

22Talk is Cheap! - Page 2 Empty Re: Talk is Cheap! Mon Jun 08, 2009 1:08 pm

SensFan71

All-Star
All-Star

shabbs wrote:
SensFan71 wrote:
shabbs wrote:

Laughing3

HA HA! Take a lesson from the Storm Girls... the Sens need some cheer leaders. We could call them...

"The Greek Goddesses"

Yes... yes.

now sir you are talking, and for the women, they can have some muscle bound gladiators off somewhere else away from the view of the women in togas lol.

23Talk is Cheap! - Page 2 Empty Re: Talk is Cheap! Mon Jun 08, 2009 1:13 pm

SensFan71 wrote:they need new PR people, and if they chose not to listen, I like Shabbs idea of the Fans running their own slogan separate from the team PR department, like the people's slogan.

Well it'll have to be a "people's slogan", which is fine. As a diehard fan, I can appreciate the sentiment that went into it and I want the players on that team to understand that we see through their Dung...

As for PR, I hope whoever's bright idea it was to change the Sens anthem to that Dung Phil Collins cover got fired.

I bet it was Melnyk....

24Talk is Cheap! - Page 2 Empty Re: Talk is Cheap! Mon Jun 08, 2009 1:20 pm

Who knows, but from the on ice product, to the marketing, to the statements made by ownership and managment, over the last 2 years the Ottawa Senators have been embarassing to watch, cheer for, and actually pay to go an see.

So glad I didnt renew my season tickets (as of yet) because it's going to be the exact same thing as last year and the year before as far as I can see.

25Talk is Cheap! - Page 2 Empty Re: Talk is Cheap! Mon Jun 08, 2009 2:25 pm

Acrobat

Acrobat
Veteran
Veteran

Every time I see or hear the phrase "A Force United", my brain has now started parsing it into "A Farce United", given the nature of the discussions around here.

I agree that an uprising of support from the fans may help in changing things, but you can bet that any change will be something that was designed/conceived in-house - the PR guys have to be able to justify their paycheques.

There would have to be a concerted effort, almost like a media campaign. T-shirts would be good; problem would be getting rights to the logo. What about being an "official fan club", with all the rights/priveleges attached?

26Talk is Cheap! - Page 2 Empty Re: Talk is Cheap! Mon Jun 08, 2009 2:25 pm

PTFlea

PTFlea
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

shabbs wrote:HA HA! Take a lesson from the Storm Girls... the Sens need some cheer leaders. We could call them...

"The Greek Goddesses"

Yes... yes.

I am not opposed to this. Sarcasm

27Talk is Cheap! - Page 2 Empty Re: Talk is Cheap! Mon Jun 08, 2009 2:43 pm

Cap'n Clutch

Cap'n Clutch
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

Acrobat wrote:Every time I see or hear the phrase "A Force United", my brain has now started parsing it into "A Farce United", given the nature of the discussions around here.

I agree that an uprising of support from the fans may help in changing things, but you can bet that any change will be something that was designed/conceived in-house - the PR guys have to be able to justify their paycheques.

There would have to be a concerted effort, almost like a media campaign. T-shirts would be good; problem would be getting rights to the logo. What about being an "official fan club", with all the rights/priveleges attached?

If you get enough exposure to the slogan you don't need the logo. Just have T-Shirts with TALK IS CHEAP! on them and the website address or the Facebook Group address or whatever.

- Unknown Author

28Talk is Cheap! - Page 2 Empty Re: Talk is Cheap! Mon Jun 08, 2009 2:45 pm

The way to do it IMO is a few calls into TGOR, OTE, and HS to try and get it going. Let everyone hear it before they read it.

29Talk is Cheap! - Page 2 Empty Re: Talk is Cheap! Mon Jun 08, 2009 2:48 pm

PTFlea

PTFlea
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

Neely4Life wrote:The way to do it IMO is a few calls into TGOR, OTE, and HS to try and get it going. Let everyone hear it before they read it.

Are you thinking of helping us out on this one? Phone calls, e-mails...seems like things you'd be pretty persuasive at doing, no?

30Talk is Cheap! - Page 2 Empty Re: Talk is Cheap! Mon Jun 08, 2009 2:49 pm

Cap'n Clutch

Cap'n Clutch
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

Neely4Life wrote:The way to do it IMO is a few calls into TGOR, OTE, and HS to try and get it going. Let everyone hear it before they read it.

I agree. We need several people calling at different times. I've emailed and if we can get more members to email in then maybe they'll start something going on the radio. If TGOR likes it then I think it's going to take off. Just look at what happened with ChurchofAlfie.com I realise Steve Warne already had the Facebook group but the website wasn't his and he plugged the hell out of it.

- Unknown Author

31Talk is Cheap! - Page 2 Empty Re: Talk is Cheap! Mon Jun 08, 2009 2:50 pm

PTFlea

PTFlea
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

http://www.gmhockey.com/ottawa-centaurs-f31/spezza-won-t-be-traded-t2437-120.htm

Prager and Murder's logos are amazing! Murder's is very slick, Prager's once cleaned up a little is just as neat.

It's there for the taking.

32Talk is Cheap! - Page 2 Empty Re: Talk is Cheap! Mon Jun 08, 2009 2:51 pm

504Heater wrote:

Are you thinking of helping us out on this one? Phone calls, e-mails...seems like things you'd be pretty persuasive at doing, no?

I'll call in to OTE for sure because that seems like something Kulka will take to the absolute depths of hell with him. I think he is a bit of a meat head, but that is def something that he could and I think would put out into the public on a regular basis.

33Talk is Cheap! - Page 2 Empty Re: Talk is Cheap! Mon Jun 08, 2009 2:51 pm

PTFlea

PTFlea
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

Post all the contact info in here Clutch, if people have a one-stop area with all the contact info, they'll be more inclined to click and e-mail!

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 2 of 6]

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum