GM Hockey
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
GM Hockey

You are not connected. Please login or register

Talk is Cheap!

+6
Riprock
shabbs
Flo The Action
SensFan71
wprager
Cap'n Clutch
10 posters

Go to page : 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 6]

1Talk is Cheap! Empty Talk is Cheap! Mon Jun 08, 2009 12:10 pm

Cap'n Clutch

Cap'n Clutch
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

Since this is starting to take a life of it's own I thought it best to start a new thread.

Give your suggestions in here on how to promote this. Image designs are also welcome.

So far I've started a Facebook group Talk Is Cheap and I've emailed the Team 1200.

- Unknown Author

2Talk is Cheap! Empty Re: Talk is Cheap! Mon Jun 08, 2009 12:14 pm

wprager

wprager
Administrator
Administrator

Maybe you should move some of te posts from the Spezza thread so others know what you're talking about.

3Talk is Cheap! Empty Re: Talk is Cheap! Mon Jun 08, 2009 12:22 pm

wprager

wprager
Administrator
Administrator

Here's a suggestion, once it gets going a bit, send it over to someone in the Sens' org. They need a campaign slogan for next season, and given the last couple of clunkers, they would dearly love to get one that was grass-roots.

4Talk is Cheap! Empty Re: Talk is Cheap! Mon Jun 08, 2009 12:27 pm

SensFan71

All-Star
All-Star

OTTAWA SENATORS HOCKEY CLUB / SCOTIABANK PLACE
1000 PALLADIUM DRIVE
OTTAWA, ONTARIO
K2V 1A5
Call us at:
(613) 599-0250

5Talk is Cheap! Empty Re: Talk is Cheap! Mon Jun 08, 2009 12:31 pm

Flo The Action

Flo The Action
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

i like it. but i can also see how that affirmation could come back and bite us in the Donkey if some of our star players make great affirmations they can't live up to next season...

6Talk is Cheap! Empty Re: Talk is Cheap! Mon Jun 08, 2009 12:34 pm

shabbs

shabbs
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer

The Sens are not gonna change their slogan. They've wasted I have no idea how much money coming up with "A FORCE UNITED" and we're stuck with that lame-oid one for now.

I'd focus more on bringing attention to this as "The REAL Sens Slogan" and bring awareness as to why we here at GMHockey.com think it's more appropriate instead of trying to get them to change it.

7Talk is Cheap! Empty Re: Talk is Cheap! Mon Jun 08, 2009 12:36 pm

wprager

wprager
Administrator
Administrator

shabbs wrote:The Sens are not gonna change their slogan. They've wasted I have no idea how much money coming up with "A FORCE UNITED" and we're stuck with that lame-oid one for now.

I'd focus more on bringing attention to this as "The REAL Sens Slogan" and bring awareness as to why we here at GMHockey.com think it's more appropriate instead of trying to get them to change it.

I'm pretty sure they come up with a new one each new season.

8Talk is Cheap! Empty Re: Talk is Cheap! Mon Jun 08, 2009 12:37 pm

Glad this has some legs because its true. I think everyone can agree that no matter what you're opinion is, on any player, any coach, or the team in general, all they have done the last 2 years is talk, top to bottom.

There are obviously those who have the mic in their face at all times, but everyone is sick of the robot answer and the players saying what the fans want to hear, and not going out an doing it.

Talk is indeed cheap, I dont care who they bring in, who they trade, or who they keep, shut up and get it done then try and convince us that this team is "good enough to win".

9Talk is Cheap! Empty Re: Talk is Cheap! Mon Jun 08, 2009 12:40 pm

shabbs

shabbs
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer

wprager wrote:I'm pretty sure they come up with a new one each new season.
Heh. I was thinking this was for the up-coming season... man, this season flew by. Seems like just yesterday we were laughing at A Force United when they revealed it...

10Talk is Cheap! Empty Re: Talk is Cheap! Mon Jun 08, 2009 12:46 pm

Cap'n Clutch

Cap'n Clutch
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

I think if we can get enough exposure that this could really take off.

- Unknown Author

11Talk is Cheap! Empty Re: Talk is Cheap! Mon Jun 08, 2009 12:49 pm

Riprock

Riprock
All-Star
All-Star

I'm willing to submit some graphics, give me sometime to work on a few renders and I'll post them.

12Talk is Cheap! Empty Re: Talk is Cheap! Mon Jun 08, 2009 12:50 pm

wprager wrote:
shabbs wrote:The Sens are not gonna change their slogan. They've wasted I have no idea how much money coming up with "A FORCE UNITED" and we're stuck with that lame-oid one for now.

I'm pretty sure they come up with a new one each new season.

They have...but you guys are dreaming in technicolor if you actually think the Sens organization is going to back a slogan like that for real...

Its a great idea for an underground movement to express the fans collective dissatisfaction with the lip service and effort level seen in recent times from this team.

It would be great if it gained enough momentum to actually reach the players and the organization, so that it could provide that little bit of extra insentive for them to show their not all talk and that they want to win as badly as we want them to win.

But there's no way in hell that a multi-million dollar corporation would publicly embarass themselves by unveiling an ad campaign that challenges the character of their employees.

13Talk is Cheap! Empty Re: Talk is Cheap! Mon Jun 08, 2009 12:53 pm

shabbs

shabbs
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer

cash wrote:But there's no way in hell that a multi-million dollar corporation would publicly embarass themselves by unveiling an ad campaign that challenges the character of their employees.
Like that stupid Centurion opening gig at SBP?

Laughing3

14Talk is Cheap! Empty Re: Talk is Cheap! Mon Jun 08, 2009 12:53 pm

SensFan71

All-Star
All-Star

they need new PR people, and if they chose not to listen, I like Shabbs idea of the Fans running their own slogan separate from the team PR department, like the people's slogan.

15Talk is Cheap! Empty Re: Talk is Cheap! Mon Jun 08, 2009 12:55 pm

shabbs wrote:
cash wrote:But there's no way in hell that a multi-million dollar corporation would publicly embarass themselves by unveiling an ad campaign that challenges the character of their employees.
Like that stupid Centurion opening gig at SBP?

Laughing3

I would hope the last 2 years are embarassing enough.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 6]

Go to page : 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum