GM Hockey
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
GM Hockey

You are not connected. Please login or register

What's Next for the Coyotes?

+19
tim1_2
NEELY
Cap'n Clutch
Hobiesens
pegsensfan
SensGal
Riprock
SensHulk
strachattack
PTFlea
Tuk Tuk
SeawaySensFan
LeCaptain
The Silfer Server
asq2
caissie_1
shabbs
wprager
davetherave
23 posters

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 12 ... 21  Next

Go down  Message [Page 4 of 21]

46What's Next for the Coyotes? - Page 4 Empty Re: What's Next for the Coyotes? Wed Nov 25, 2009 2:38 pm

SeawaySensFan

Franchise Player
Franchise Player

davetherave wrote:Maybe you can talk Stotland into moving them to Morrisburg.
What's Next for the Coyotes? - Page 4 Icon_wink

If you promise to stop making jokes about the size of his package and how he uses it.

Mr. Stotland has enough on his plate trying to get this house of cards in order.

47What's Next for the Coyotes? - Page 4 Empty Re: What's Next for the Coyotes? Wed Nov 25, 2009 2:45 pm

davetherave

All-Star
All-Star

SeawaySensFan wrote:
davetherave wrote:Maybe you can talk Stotland into moving them to Morrisburg.
What's Next for the Coyotes? - Page 4 Icon_wink

If you promise to stop making jokes about the size of his package and how he uses it.

Mr. Stotland has enough on his plate trying to get this house of cards in order.

SSF> I like your use of food and gaming metaphors.

But to be fair, you really aren't giving Stotland the benefit of the doubt. I mean, all these innovations he's proposing...bingo on game nights...stripper poles in the corporate suites...these are the things that stimulate a fanbase.

He's even borrowed some marketing ideas from the Sens...like the Four Pack: four tickets, four hot dogs and four drinks for 99 bucks.

And he's hired one of the hockey's world's great salesmen...a true fan, committed to supporting unserved markets...to rev up the crowds.

You might recognize him.

What's Next for the Coyotes? - Page 4 Jim_ho10

48What's Next for the Coyotes? - Page 4 Empty Re: What's Next for the Coyotes? Wed Nov 25, 2009 2:50 pm

SeawaySensFan

Franchise Player
Franchise Player

What's Next for the Coyotes? - Page 4 62136 I love that guy!!!

49What's Next for the Coyotes? - Page 4 Empty Re: What's Next for the Coyotes? Wed Nov 25, 2009 3:00 pm

shabbs

shabbs
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer

What's next for the Coyotes?

Losing more money.

50What's Next for the Coyotes? - Page 4 Empty Re: What's Next for the Coyotes? Wed Nov 25, 2009 3:14 pm

SeawaySensFan

SeawaySensFan
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

shabbs wrote:What's next for the Coyotes?

Losing more money.

50 million (projected) for this season.

Mr. Stotland thinks local ownership will change that. Even though he's from Montreal.

51What's Next for the Coyotes? - Page 4 Empty Re: What's Next for the Coyotes? Wed Nov 25, 2009 3:18 pm

shabbs

shabbs
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer

And by local he means Hamilton.

52What's Next for the Coyotes? - Page 4 Empty Re: What's Next for the Coyotes? Wed Nov 25, 2009 3:37 pm

davetherave

davetherave
All-Star
All-Star

shabbs wrote:And by local he means Hamilton.

Hamilton, Arizona, is one of the fastest growing suburban areas in North America.
What's Next for the Coyotes? - Page 4 270956

And here's a sneak peek at another member of Stotland's investor group...another great Canadian and PASSIONATE hockey fan.

Shabbs' favourite.

What's Next for the Coyotes? - Page 4 Pamela11

Last edited by davetherave on Wed Nov 25, 2009 4:54 pm; edited 1 time in total

53What's Next for the Coyotes? - Page 4 Empty Re: What's Next for the Coyotes? Wed Nov 25, 2009 3:51 pm

shabbs

shabbs
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer

I wouldn't touch that with YOUR pole DTR.

54What's Next for the Coyotes? - Page 4 Empty Re: What's Next for the Coyotes? Wed Nov 25, 2009 4:03 pm

davetherave

davetherave
All-Star
All-Star

shabbs wrote:I wouldn't touch that with YOUR pole DTR.

Shabbs shoots...he SCORES!!
What's Next for the Coyotes? - Page 4 62136 What's Next for the Coyotes? - Page 4 62136 What's Next for the Coyotes? - Page 4 62136 What's Next for the Coyotes? - Page 4 62136

What's Next for the Coyotes? - Page 4 Jim_ho11

55What's Next for the Coyotes? - Page 4 Empty Re: What's Next for the Coyotes? Fri May 07, 2010 10:14 am

SeawaySensFan

SeawaySensFan
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

According to Scott Burnside of ESPN.com

The bid by Chicago businessman Jerry Reinsdorf to buy the Phoenix Coyotes is dead and the city of Glendale has returned to the previously shunned Ice Edge Holdings group in a last-minute bid to keep the team in Phoenix, sources close to the deal told ESPN.

Furthermore...

The situation in Glendale remains fluid; if the city does not agree to the league's conditions, it is possible the NHL will instead move quickly to finalize a purchase agreement with Canadian billionaire David Thomson and move the team to Winnipeg. Sources tell ESPN.com there is a purchase agreement ready if the Glendale situation disintegrates.

http://sports.espn.go.com/nhl/news/story?id=5169892

56What's Next for the Coyotes? - Page 4 Empty Re: What's Next for the Coyotes? Fri May 07, 2010 10:16 am

shabbs

shabbs
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer

Strange times again in Phoenix...

57What's Next for the Coyotes? - Page 4 Empty Re: What's Next for the Coyotes? Fri May 07, 2010 10:20 am

SeawaySensFan

SeawaySensFan
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

shabbs wrote:Strange times again in Phoenix...

No stranger than fighting an all-cash offer for a bankrupt team. What's Next for the Coyotes? - Page 4 62136

58What's Next for the Coyotes? - Page 4 Empty Re: What's Next for the Coyotes? Fri May 07, 2010 10:27 am

shabbs

shabbs
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer

SeawaySensFan wrote:
shabbs wrote:Strange times again in Phoenix...

No stranger than fighting an all-cash offer for a bankrupt team. What's Next for the Coyotes? - Page 4 62136
Clearly it was too much cash... something must have been wrong with the bid...

Wink

59What's Next for the Coyotes? - Page 4 Empty Re: What's Next for the Coyotes? Fri May 07, 2010 10:46 am

PTFlea

PTFlea
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

FFS...what a shame if the team moves.

60What's Next for the Coyotes? - Page 4 Empty Re: What's Next for the Coyotes? Fri May 07, 2010 11:15 am

SeawaySensFan

SeawaySensFan
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

SpezDispenser wrote:FFS...what a shame if the team moves.

At this point, I agree. They seemed to have a good turnout for the playoffs. But the prospect of a colossal failure for Bettman in this saga is too delicious to ignore.

Sucks for Phoenix fan but they have to pay the price for my satisfaction. What's Next for the Coyotes? - Page 4 649241

61What's Next for the Coyotes? - Page 4 Empty Re: What's Next for the Coyotes? Fri May 07, 2010 11:47 am

strachattack

strachattack
Rookie
Rookie

It's a shame the team moved from Winnipeg. If they move back there it sets things right in my mind.

62What's Next for the Coyotes? - Page 4 Empty Re: What's Next for the Coyotes? Fri May 07, 2010 11:56 am

SeawaySensFan

SeawaySensFan
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

strachattack wrote:

It's a shame the team moved from Winnipeg. If they move back there it sets things right in my mind.

That too. What's Next for the Coyotes? - Page 4 593227

63What's Next for the Coyotes? - Page 4 Empty Re: What's Next for the Coyotes? Fri May 07, 2010 11:56 am

I see the 'Yotes trading Jovo and Doan for Kuba and Kovalev to save on cash.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 4 of 21]

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 12 ... 21  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum