GM Hockey
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
GM Hockey

You are not connected. Please login or register

The Phoenix Coyotes. Are they for real?

2 posters

What will the rest of the season hold for the coyotes?

The Phoenix Coyotes. Are they for real? Vote_lcap20%The Phoenix Coyotes. Are they for real? Vote_rcap2 0% [ 0 ]
The Phoenix Coyotes. Are they for real? Vote_lcap20%The Phoenix Coyotes. Are they for real? Vote_rcap2 0% [ 0 ]
The Phoenix Coyotes. Are they for real? Vote_lcap233%The Phoenix Coyotes. Are they for real? Vote_rcap2 33% [ 2 ]
The Phoenix Coyotes. Are they for real? Vote_lcap267%The Phoenix Coyotes. Are they for real? Vote_rcap2 67% [ 4 ]
Total Votes : 6

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1The Phoenix Coyotes. Are they for real? Empty The Phoenix Coyotes. Are they for real? Wed Jan 21, 2009 5:02 pm

The Coyotes are now 5th in the west after a win over the Detroit Redwings. They have leadership, youth, solid goaltending, and heart. Plus the great one behind the bench. The scary part is that this is only the tip of the iceberg for them, as they have one of the greatest youth cores in the NHL.

asq2

asq2
All-Star
All-Star

It'll take time. Teams like Washington or Pittsburgh with a lot of youth playing in the playoffs for the first time faltered in the first round as well.

Agreed. I think they will make the playoffs this year, but lack the experience to do any damage. Even their leaders like Jokinen (0 playoff games) and Doan (limited playoff games) aren't exactly a wealth of playoff experience. I think they go out in round one. Most teams have to go through this though. It's part of the building process.

I said the 1st round, but there is a real possibility they sell off a lot of assets for financal reasons to keep the team alive.

Depends what happens upstair as apposed to on the ice.

Neely4Life wrote:I said the 1st round, but there is a real possibility they sell off a lot of assets for financal reasons to keep the team alive.

That's a catch 22. Firesaling will only hurt them at the gate. That compounds the problem. With each playoff game bringing in approximately $2 million, they could pocket $8 from a long first round series. That alone should ensure that if they do blow it up, it will be after the season is over.

hemlock wrote:
Neely4Life wrote:I said the 1st round, but there is a real possibility they sell off a lot of assets for financal reasons to keep the team alive.

That's a catch 22. Firesaling will only hurt them at the gate. That compounds the problem. With each playoff game bringing in approximately $2 million, they could pocket $8 from a long first round series. That alone should ensure that if they do blow it up, it will be after the season is over.

Getting rid of Doan and Jokinen would be more than money just this year coming off. There is no way the playoff rev will be as much as those contracts over the next year and a bit.

Anyways, they are screwed and will be the 1st team reloacted.

PTFlea

PTFlea
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

Neely4Life wrote:
hemlock wrote:

Getting rid of Doan and Jokinen would be more than money just this year coming off. There is no way the playoff rev will be as much as those contracts over the next year and a bit.

Anyways, they are screwed and will be the 1st team reloacted.

I agree, they're getting move for sure, but why not get into the playoffs, maybe try to unseat one of the teams - then trade Jokinen and Doan and Jovanovski (and whoever else they have of value)?

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum