GM Hockey
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
GM Hockey

You are not connected. Please login or register

SCP '09 ROUND 3, WEST CONFERENCE FINAL: DETROIT RED WINGS VS. CHICAGO BLACKHAWKS

+8
asq2
SensFan71
SensGirl11
SeawaySensFan
beedub
shabbs
Hockeyhero22000
davetherave
12 posters

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10  Next

WINGS VS HAWKS SCP WEST FINAL '09: WHO WINS? HOW MANY GAMES?

SCP '09 ROUND 3, WEST CONFERENCE FINAL: DETROIT RED WINGS VS. CHICAGO BLACKHAWKS - Page 4 Vote_lcap20%SCP '09 ROUND 3, WEST CONFERENCE FINAL: DETROIT RED WINGS VS. CHICAGO BLACKHAWKS - Page 4 Vote_rcap2 0% [ 0 ]
SCP '09 ROUND 3, WEST CONFERENCE FINAL: DETROIT RED WINGS VS. CHICAGO BLACKHAWKS - Page 4 Vote_lcap210%SCP '09 ROUND 3, WEST CONFERENCE FINAL: DETROIT RED WINGS VS. CHICAGO BLACKHAWKS - Page 4 Vote_rcap2 10% [ 1 ]
SCP '09 ROUND 3, WEST CONFERENCE FINAL: DETROIT RED WINGS VS. CHICAGO BLACKHAWKS - Page 4 Vote_lcap260%SCP '09 ROUND 3, WEST CONFERENCE FINAL: DETROIT RED WINGS VS. CHICAGO BLACKHAWKS - Page 4 Vote_rcap2 60% [ 6 ]
SCP '09 ROUND 3, WEST CONFERENCE FINAL: DETROIT RED WINGS VS. CHICAGO BLACKHAWKS - Page 4 Vote_lcap20%SCP '09 ROUND 3, WEST CONFERENCE FINAL: DETROIT RED WINGS VS. CHICAGO BLACKHAWKS - Page 4 Vote_rcap2 0% [ 0 ]
SCP '09 ROUND 3, WEST CONFERENCE FINAL: DETROIT RED WINGS VS. CHICAGO BLACKHAWKS - Page 4 Vote_lcap210%SCP '09 ROUND 3, WEST CONFERENCE FINAL: DETROIT RED WINGS VS. CHICAGO BLACKHAWKS - Page 4 Vote_rcap2 10% [ 1 ]
SCP '09 ROUND 3, WEST CONFERENCE FINAL: DETROIT RED WINGS VS. CHICAGO BLACKHAWKS - Page 4 Vote_lcap220%SCP '09 ROUND 3, WEST CONFERENCE FINAL: DETROIT RED WINGS VS. CHICAGO BLACKHAWKS - Page 4 Vote_rcap2 20% [ 2 ]
Total Votes : 10

Poll closed

Go down  Message [Page 4 of 10]

I expect the Hawks to hold serve in Chicago, but still fall in 6.

Even if they can't pull this series out, what they've accomplished is remarkable.

PTFlea

Co-Founder
Co-Founder

The ingredients are still there for the Hawks to make a series out of this. Great goaltending, strong pushes, they just need to find a little consistency and keep taking it to the wings. Lidstrom is 39, they need to be all over him. He's human, he'll make mistakes...eventually.

Quenneville is a smart man, he'll put Kane with Burrish and Byfuglian to make sure that Lidstrom and Rafalski are wasting minutes out there, then let the Toews line go against the lesser D-man (but still damn good). He did it last night and Toews had 2 goals. He's onto something - and if done right, the Hawks have the depth to throw 2 great lines at Lidstrom, then let the 3rd line clean up.

Come on Hawks. You've had too much fun to let it all end so quick!!!!! Ahhhhh!

shabbs

Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer

504Heater wrote:Lone member of the 6000 post club!
Hey Heater... you're now the Lone member of the 7000 post club!

cool)

davetherave

davetherave
All-Star
All-Star

Whatever happens next, Blackhawks fans have every reason to be proud of this team.

In just one year, they've gone from just missing the playoffs to playing in the Final Four.

And the irony is that they are meeting the Mighty Red Wings...who were coached by Scotty Bowman the last time these two teams met in the Conference Finals in 1995...and the last time the Hawks were in the Conference Finals.

There's some kind of poetry there. The poetry that is unique to The Best Game You Can Name.

The odds are against them now...but hey, that's the way we like it.

That's the soul of the Blackhawks. Courage against the odds. Always has been. Always will be.

It's a great ride...and it ain't over yet.

:D:

PTFlea

PTFlea
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

shabbs wrote:
504Heater wrote:Lone member of the 6000 post club!
Hey Heater... you're now the Lone member of the 7000 post club!

cool)

Ahhhhh!

SensGirl11

SensGirl11
Mod
Mod

Boo hoo! I'm sad they lost again last night. It's going to be hard for them to come back down 2-0. The plus side is, if someone can do it, it would be the Hawks. The Wings might start to get tired with these young lads skating like they are and playing the way they are. There is never a dull moment in these games.

I will say though, that this Wings team is better than any team I have ever seen. They are all around amazing, almost perfect even.

It will be a tough task for the Hawks, but I still believe in them.

They HAVE TO take the next game.

shabbs

shabbs
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer

If the Hawks lose the next game... it's all over.

Cap'n Clutch

Cap'n Clutch
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

shabbs wrote:If the Hawks lose the next game... it's all over.

Well all but the fat lady singing of course Wink

- Unknown Author

shabbs

shabbs
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer

Cap'n Clutch wrote:
shabbs wrote:If the Hawks lose the next game... it's all over.

Well all but the fat lady singing of course Wink
All but...

Cap'n Clutch

Cap'n Clutch
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

If Detroit wins the next one we could be looking at this...

Chicago Blackhawks................. Cleaning

- Unknown Author

davetherave

davetherave
All-Star
All-Star

Cap'n Clutch wrote:If Detroit wins the next one we could be looking at this...

Chicago Blackhawks................ :^: . Cleaning

Ha ha...nothing like premature extrapolation.

Maybe you and your guys give it up when you're down by two.

The Blackhawk Tribe sure doesn't.

Cap'n Clutch

Cap'n Clutch
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

davetherave wrote:

Well to be honest I just wanted to use the scrolling option and it seemed like a cool way to do it. I meant nothing by it really Smile

Edit: I also knew it would get a response out of you I just didn't know when Wink

- Unknown Author

davetherave

davetherave
All-Star
All-Star

Cap'n Clutch wrote:
davetherave wrote:

Well to be honest I just wanted to use the scrolling option and it seemed like a cool way to do it. I meant nothing by it really Smile

Edit: I also knew it would get a response out of you I just didn't know when Wink

Ha ha...count on it.

This is when it gets interesting.

Ya gotta love these kids. Playing the Champs this close in their own barn? Made 'em sweat.

And Jonny Toews coming up with two big goals.

Can't wait for Friday. Gonna be the insane in Chi-town.

Cap'n Clutch

Cap'n Clutch
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

I fully expect the Hawks to come out flying and knock the Wings off Detroit. The atmosphere is sure to be electric and they should come out with the win on Friday. After that? I'm not willing to predict any further than that.

- Unknown Author

shabbs

shabbs
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer

davetherave wrote:Maybe you and your guys give it up when you're down by two.

Getting a bit testy there DTR? Hmmmmmmmmmmmmm?

davetherave

davetherave
All-Star
All-Star

shabbs wrote:
davetherave wrote:Maybe you and your guys give it up when you're down by two.

Getting a bit testy there DTR? Hmmmmmmmmmmmmm?

Testy? Ha ha...are you ready for a war?

The Blackhawks are always ready.

shabbs

shabbs
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer

davetherave wrote:Testy? Ha ha...are you ready for a war?

Facepalm

I hope the Blackhawks' PR department is cutting you a cheque for all this promo.

Laughing3 Laughing3 Laughing3

davetherave

davetherave
All-Star
All-Star

shabbs wrote:
davetherave wrote:Testy? Ha ha...are you ready for a war?

Facepalm :##:

I hope the Blackhawks' PR department is cutting you a cheque for all this promo.

Laughing3 Laughing3 BeatingaDeadHorse Laughing3

Yo, cynical brother Shabbs...laugh away.

Laughter is good for you when your team is playing golf.

As for me...

It's called passion, my brother.

Passion for hockey, passion for the team you have pledged your loyalty to.

And passion for your team is the Power of Hockey.

Dig it.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 4 of 10]

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum