GM Hockey
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
GM Hockey

You are not connected. Please login or register

SCP '09 ROUND 3, WEST CONFERENCE FINAL: DETROIT RED WINGS VS. CHICAGO BLACKHAWKS

+8
asq2
SensFan71
SensGirl11
SeawaySensFan
beedub
shabbs
Hockeyhero22000
davetherave
12 posters

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10

WINGS VS HAWKS SCP WEST FINAL '09: WHO WINS? HOW MANY GAMES?

SCP '09 ROUND 3, WEST CONFERENCE FINAL: DETROIT RED WINGS VS. CHICAGO BLACKHAWKS - Page 10 Vote_lcap20%SCP '09 ROUND 3, WEST CONFERENCE FINAL: DETROIT RED WINGS VS. CHICAGO BLACKHAWKS - Page 10 Vote_rcap2 0% [ 0 ]
SCP '09 ROUND 3, WEST CONFERENCE FINAL: DETROIT RED WINGS VS. CHICAGO BLACKHAWKS - Page 10 Vote_lcap210%SCP '09 ROUND 3, WEST CONFERENCE FINAL: DETROIT RED WINGS VS. CHICAGO BLACKHAWKS - Page 10 Vote_rcap2 10% [ 1 ]
SCP '09 ROUND 3, WEST CONFERENCE FINAL: DETROIT RED WINGS VS. CHICAGO BLACKHAWKS - Page 10 Vote_lcap260%SCP '09 ROUND 3, WEST CONFERENCE FINAL: DETROIT RED WINGS VS. CHICAGO BLACKHAWKS - Page 10 Vote_rcap2 60% [ 6 ]
SCP '09 ROUND 3, WEST CONFERENCE FINAL: DETROIT RED WINGS VS. CHICAGO BLACKHAWKS - Page 10 Vote_lcap20%SCP '09 ROUND 3, WEST CONFERENCE FINAL: DETROIT RED WINGS VS. CHICAGO BLACKHAWKS - Page 10 Vote_rcap2 0% [ 0 ]
SCP '09 ROUND 3, WEST CONFERENCE FINAL: DETROIT RED WINGS VS. CHICAGO BLACKHAWKS - Page 10 Vote_lcap210%SCP '09 ROUND 3, WEST CONFERENCE FINAL: DETROIT RED WINGS VS. CHICAGO BLACKHAWKS - Page 10 Vote_rcap2 10% [ 1 ]
SCP '09 ROUND 3, WEST CONFERENCE FINAL: DETROIT RED WINGS VS. CHICAGO BLACKHAWKS - Page 10 Vote_lcap220%SCP '09 ROUND 3, WEST CONFERENCE FINAL: DETROIT RED WINGS VS. CHICAGO BLACKHAWKS - Page 10 Vote_rcap2 20% [ 2 ]
Total Votes : 10

Poll closed

Go down  Message [Page 10 of 10]

wprager

Administrator
Administrator

They seem to have an answer in goal. Huet definitely showed he can play at the high level required in the playoffs. Nothing to do on that winning goal other than to wonder how *TWO* Wings players were left alone in his crease in OT.

shabbs

Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer

wprager wrote:They seem to have an answer in goal. Huet definitely showed he can play at the high level required in the playoffs. Nothing to do on that winning goal other than to wonder how *TWO* Wings players were left alone in his crease in OT.
Yeah, I think last night's performance by Huet certainly made Hawks fans feel a bit better about next year if he can bring that performance regularly.

PTFlea

Co-Founder
Co-Founder

Detroit won, but that was a statement game for the Hawks. They're not there yet, but they're coming up, game by game, day by day. The West should see the 1-2 punch on the Wings and the Hawks for the next...well, for as long as Tallon can keep the core together. I can't see another team's core in the West being as good as either of these guys.

Potentially LA has a chance, but they have a long, long way to go. And as we've seen, there's certainly a learning curve when you first make the playoffs - especially against experienced, skilled teams like Detroit.

All of a sudden I don't like the Flames to get too deep in the playoffs for a long, long time - although I suppose a few shrewd moves could do it, but I seriously doubt it.

I like that Huet answered the bell big time - and I'm sorry, but I can't help holding Khabby's age and health against him. If he can't stay healthy in the most important of times, then the Hawks made the right choice in signing Huet.

wprager

wprager
Administrator
Administrator

shabbs wrote:
wprager wrote:They seem to have an answer in goal. Huet definitely showed he can play at the high level required in the playoffs. Nothing to do on that winning goal other than to wonder how *TWO* Wings players were left alone in his crease in OT.
Yeah, I think last night's performance by Huet certainly made Hawks fans feel a bit better about next year if he can bring that performance regularly.

Regularly is over-rated. Bring it post-seasonally. That's the ticket.

shabbs

shabbs
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer

wprager wrote:
shabbs wrote:

Heh, but, bringing it regularly during the regular season gets you to the post season...

Wink

wprager

wprager
Administrator
Administrator

shabbs wrote:
wprager wrote:
shabbs wrote:

Heh, but, bringing it regularly during the regular season gets you to the post season...

Wink

Fewer than half the teams in the league miss the playoffs. You only need to be mediocre.

shabbs

shabbs
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer

wprager wrote:
shabbs wrote:
wprager wrote:
shabbs wrote:

Wink

Fewer than half the teams in the league miss the playoffs. You only need to be mediocre.
... to get eliminated in the first round.

Wink

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 10 of 10]

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum