GM Hockey
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
GM Hockey

You are not connected. Please login or register

IIHF: Gold Medal Game: Canada vs Russia - 2:15pm EST Sun. May 10th, 2009

+3
Sp00nz
asq2
shabbs
7 posters

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5

Go down  Message [Page 5 of 5]

I wouldn't call Doan a lock either, but I still have him ahead of Fisher (and believe me, I noticed how good Fisher was and how bad Doan was....)

I dont think I would at this point. I dont think Doan has the ability to get up and down the ice with the guys Canada is going to ice. I think Fisher might have bumped Doan down that ladder, but again, thats just IMO.

Hockeyhero22000

Veteran
Veteran

i think it is a close call and it depends how the camp and the beginning of next season goes...i dont think it would change much either way they go

Just for a little perspective on this tournament, Canada played 3 teams with NHL goaltenders and lost to 2 of them.(4 total in the tournament) Thats how bad Canada was and how poor the compition was.

Neely4Life wrote:I dont think I would at this point. I dont think Doan has the ability to get up and down the ice with the guys Canada is going to ice. I think Fisher might have bumped Doan down that ladder, but again, thats just IMO.
I could see it...I just don't...

Riprock

Riprock
All-Star
All-Star

So many players to choose from for 2010.

You could very well keep the Nash-Getzlaf-Heatley line together, prettym uch a lock.

Wingers
Nash
Heatley
Iginla
Morrow
Lucic
Perry
St. Louis
Gagne
Doan

Centers
Crosby
Spezza
Toews
Getzlaf
Lecavalier
Thornton
E. Staal
M. Richards
J. Carter
Savard
Fisher
*Hodgson
*Duchene
*Tavares

Defence
Weber
Phaneuf
Bouwmeester
Green
Burns
Hamhuis
Doughty
Pronger
Schenn

Goalies
Luongo
Ward
S. Mason
Brodeur

Forgot Brad Richards too, who is ahead of some on that depth list.

asq2

asq2
All-Star
All-Star

Stamkos is certainly much more likely than Hodgson, Duchene or Tavares.

Hockeyhero22000

Hockeyhero22000
Veteran
Veteran

ther are so many choices i would hate to be yzerman...he has a lot of tough choices to make

Marleau is still there too.

Hockeyhero22000 wrote:ther are so many choices i would hate to be yzerman...he has a lot of tough choices to make

Up the middle Canada is set.

Crosby, Getzlaf, Lecailvier and the top 3 and thats basicaly a fact. The lines will be built around those 3 with an energy line as their 4th line.

asq2

asq2
All-Star
All-Star

Neely4Life wrote:
Hockeyhero22000 wrote:ther are so many choices i would hate to be yzerman...he has a lot of tough choices to make

Up the middle Canada is set.

Crosby, Getzlaf, Lecailvier and the top 3 and thats basicaly a fact. The lines will be built around those 3 with an energy line as their 4th line.

What Staal is doing in the playoffs right now doesn't make you think twice?

IMO Canada may have to switch some of their centremen to wing.

Something like:

Staal - Crosby - Iginla
Heatley - Getzlaf - Nash
Gagne - Lecavalier - St. Louis
M. Richards - Toews - Morrow - checking line :^^^^:

Pretty potent line-up.

Then again, Russia's got (potentially):

Ovechkin - Malkin - Semin
Kovalchuk - Datsyuk - Zherdev
Frolov - Fedorov - Kovalev
Kozlov - Kozlov - Filatov/Kabanov

Sweden may have lost some of the old guard (Forsberg, Sundin, Naslund) but they'll still be pretty strong up front too with Alfredsson, Zetterberg, Backstrom, the Sedins, potentially MPS, Eriksson, etc.

I think Staal can play the wing and I believe he has before with Canada at the WCs. Staal is proving his worth now, that 8.6 mil contract looks about right in comparisson with everyone else.

Proving to be a money player.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 5 of 5]

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum