GM Hockey
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
GM Hockey

You are not connected. Please login or register

IIHF: Gold Medal Game: Canada vs Russia - 2:15pm EST Sun. May 10th, 2009

+3
Sp00nz
asq2
shabbs
7 posters

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

Go down  Message [Page 3 of 5]

Not a big Bryz fan but he has been solid and the Canadians refuse to go in and get the dirty goals.

Hockeyhero22000

Veteran
Veteran

heatley just cant pull the trigger

Hockeyhero22000

Veteran
Veteran

russia to the pp

shabbs

shabbs
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer

Bah. Silly penalty.

Hockeyhero22000

Hockeyhero22000
Veteran
Veteran

the same thing just happened to fisher a couple seconds before and no call

shabbs

shabbs
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer

We're gonna need a greasy goal... deflection or something...

shabbs

shabbs
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer

Blocked shots and turnovers are killing us...

shabbs

shabbs
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer

Man... 27 seconds to go... down by 1... empty net... let's DO THIS!!!!

Hockeyhero22000

Hockeyhero22000
Veteran
Veteran

no way game is done russians win the gold

shabbs

shabbs
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer

It will take a miracle...

shabbs

shabbs
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer

Russia wins.

Bah!

Well, if you're Spezza, the good news is you will prob get another 5 or 6 chances at this tourny, haha.

EDIT: Spezza is offically tied with me in Championships.

Last edited by Neely4Life on Sun May 10, 2009 5:20 pm; edited 1 time in total

shabbs

shabbs
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer

I would love to know Yzerman's thoughts on the various players as he plans his 2010 roster... oh to be inside his head...

This tournament ment jack S*** except for guys like Doughty and Stamkos.

Worst WC in recent year, awful compition, and this is a none factor win or lose in every sense.

PTFlea

PTFlea
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

Pretty intense game. Spezza and Heatley should be proud of the way they competed today. Same with St.Louis, Roy, Doan, Doughty, Weber, Fisher. They were focused and in it all game - they had the better opportunities and they got beaten by a hot goalie today.

Disappointing, but a good showing by all of our players.

Neely4Life wrote:This tournament ment jack S*** except for guys like Doughty and Stamkos.

Worst WC in recent year, awful compition, and this is a none factor win or lose in every sense.
It was a huge tournament for guys like Weber and St Louis. Not a lot of people had St Louis on their lists earlier in the season and the battle on D is going to be intense with only 7-8 spots open. They both took themselves off the bubble a little bit and made it far more likely that they'll be on the roster for 2010.

Personally, I would've had Weber on my list regardless (and I suspect Team Canada management felt the same) but St Louis really made me think.

I think St Louis after the season he had in Tampa was on everyone radar. I dont think this tournament changed a thing in terms of The Olympic team, but a guy like Doughty, the way he dominated at times, could very well be taken along as the 7th guy if injuries arise. More than impressed with him.

This was still the worst group of teams in a long time at the WC though, from Hungry to Russia. Coby Armstrong was on Canada FFS.

lmao :^^^^:

St Louis may have been on the radar, but I don't think I saw one single person who even had him as a reserve on their roster... actually maybe McGuire had him on his roster, but thats it.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 3 of 5]

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum