GM Hockey
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
GM Hockey

You are not connected. Please login or register

IIHF: Gold Medal Game: Canada vs Russia - 2:15pm EST Sun. May 10th, 2009

+3
Sp00nz
asq2
shabbs
7 posters

Go to page : 1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 5]

shabbs

shabbs
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer

Canada faces Russia this afternoon in the IIHF World Hockey Gold Medal Game. Puck drop is at 2:15pm EST. Coverage begins on TSN at 2:00pm EST.

GO CANADA GO!!!

asq2

asq2
All-Star
All-Star

Roloson to start.

confused

shabbs

shabbs
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer

He looked good in the semi-final game.

Sp00nz

Sp00nz
Rookie
Rookie

Should be a good game, Canada/Russia finals are always exciting.

Perhaps the Sens boys on the squad can earn some positive praise in a high stakes game for the first time in a few years.

Hockeyhero22000

Hockeyhero22000
Veteran
Veteran

Lindy is going with the same lines as last game....interestingly the russians are going with 11 forwards and 8 defense

shabbs

shabbs
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer

Sweden won the bronze earlier in the day over the USA.

http://www.ctvolympics.ca/hockey/news/newsid=10564.html?cid=rsstsn

Hockeyhero22000

Hockeyhero22000
Veteran
Veteran

Game on

Despite the fact that this is big ice, international rules hockey, would you guys place significant importance on the outcome (if you were BM) on whether to trade Spezza?

I mean, this guy has never proved to be a big game player and if he ends up with another 2nd place finish as one of the primary leaders on this team, do you kind of take the hint and move on?

Does it at least play a role in your final decision?

asq2 wrote:Roloson to start.

confused

Mason has been anything but a standout... that decision doesn't surprise me at all.

If Spezza scored 10 goals, went in goal, and shut out the Russians it still wouldnt change my opinion.

If they lose they lose, if they win, they win. I dont think this tournament with the weakest teams in recent history have par taken in makes a difference, positive or negative.

Hockeyhero22000

Hockeyhero22000
Veteran
Veteran

cash wrote:Despite the fact that this is big ice, international rules hockey, would you guys place significant importance on the outcome (if you were BM) on whether to trade Spezza?

I mean, this guy has never proved to be a big game player and if he ends up with another 2nd place finish as one of the primary leaders on this team, do you kind of take the hint and move on?

i think it plays a factor in BM's decision making but i don't think it is the determining factor

Hockeyhero22000

Hockeyhero22000
Veteran
Veteran

Spezza scores

Hockeyhero22000

Hockeyhero22000
Veteran
Veteran

russia ties it up on their second pp chance

davetherave

davetherave
All-Star
All-Star

cash wrote:Despite the fact that this is big ice, international rules hockey, would you guys place significant importance on the outcome (if you were BM) on whether to trade Spezza?

IMHO his play at the IIHF tournament has zero impact on his value as an NHL player.

Other GMs have watched Jason over the last few years--they know his strengths and weaknesses.

BTW Sam McCaig's article "Anti Awards Full of Stars" in the May 11th issue of The Hockey News paints a less than glowing portrait on Mr Spezza.

At your local newsstand.

BM should know by now what he needs to do about JS.

Last edited by davetherave on Sun May 10, 2009 3:30 pm; edited 1 time in total

Hockeyhero22000

Hockeyhero22000
Veteran
Veteran

well BM may look to see who seems more valuable to the team IF he is looking at gettign rid of spezza or heatley by evaluating who may have helped pick the team up more at the worlds

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 5]

Go to page : 1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum