GM Hockey
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
GM Hockey

You are not connected. Please login or register

IIHF: Canada vs Latvia - 10:15am EST - Thu. May 7th, 2009

+4
PTFlea
Cronie
SensFan71
shabbs
8 posters

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 10, 11, 12

Go down  Message [Page 12 of 12]

Always has been... we'll see I guess. Anything less then a gold is a failure, anything less then the finals is just plain embarassing.

Cronie

Co-Founder
Co-Founder

That's been a concern for a while now when it comes to Heatley and Spezza: when the chips are down, can they be counted on?

It is indeed the 64K dollar question...

Cronie

Co-Founder
Co-Founder

Neely4Life wrote:Always has been... we'll see I guess. Anything less then a gold is a failure, anything less then the finals is just plain embarassing.

Agreed. Plus, I'd like to think the boys will play hard not just for their country and such, but also for Lindy, as it's his first ever international gig. It would be nice if he had something to show for it IMO.

SensFan71

All-Star
All-Star

Cronie wrote:That's been a concern for a while now when it comes to Heatley and Spezza: when the chips are down, can they be counted on?

It is indeed the 64K dollar question...

how many lifelines do I get? Let's just say the leadership wasn't there in the SCF against Anaheim, Alfie was the only leader.

Neely4Life wrote:

It will be a championship under his belt, and you're right, I wont be able to use that in an arguement against him. Still wont change my opinion on him because even here you see how flawed his game is even strength. But good for him and Canada if they can win it.

I'm fully astounded that you guys even reply to him. His hatred for Spezza and Heatley is well documented, but without having read any of the posts on the Boston series thus far has he mentioned that his boy in Boston is being eaten alive? That Chara's leadership is now coming into question. Seems that P.C. isn't so enamoured with Chara any more and talk is they have been looking at options. Lucic is quite cleearly the future leader on that team.

When the chips are down the great players rise to the top. I'm not saying Spezza is great and he definately doesn't rise to the top, but Chara is showing the same issues he had when he was in Ottawa...it's about him, not the team.

Oh you're still here? Thats AWESOME!

Oh, and Chara is going to win the Norris this year while leading one of the youngest teams in the league to the top of the division, trounched Montreal in a 4 game sweep, while at the same time the team is still learning as it goes... Ya, Chara's leadership and abilities are totally in question, haha.

Good job champ. You should get someone else to feed you your opinions as well.

I guess when you lose 2 games everything you have done is in question... Its not like he signed a great big deal, went in the tank, got swpet in the first round then didnt even make the playoffs the next year. I would be worried if that happend.

LeCaptain

LeCaptain
All-Star
All-Star

Neely4Life wrote:Oh you're still here? Thats AWESOME!

Oh, and Chara is going to win the Norris this year while leading one of the youngest teams in the league to the top of the division, trounched Montreal in a 4 game sweep, while at the same time the team is still learning as it goes... Ya, Chara's leadership and abilities are totally in question, haha.

Good job champ. You should get someone else to feed you your opinions as well.

I guess when you lose 2 games everything you have done is in question... Its not like he signed a great big deal, went in the tank, got swpet in the first round then didnt even make the playoffs the next year. I would be worried if that happend.

Nop, more like he didnt make the PLayoffs 2 years ago and lost in the first round last year, it's like the Sens but backwards haha.

Haha, that would indeed be a good thing.

shabbs

shabbs
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer

Canada plays Sweden in the semis.

Should be interesting tomorrow, Sweden looked pretty good in that second game today. Canada better bring their A game or they will get an F grade.

shabbs

shabbs
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer

Tomorrow, Russia plays USA @ 10:15am EST and then Canada plays Sweden at 2:15pm EST.

http://www.iihf.com/channels/iihf-world-championship-oc09/schedule.html

Assuming I'm reading that correctly...

Wink

SensFan71

All-Star
All-Star

As per TSN, the semifinals start this morning, both should be damn good games, Canada better bring it to be sure or the Swedes will pummel them. Should give us a good look at Gustas...I don't know how to spell, that swedish phenom goalie :^^^^:
Semifinals - Russia vs USA, Friday at 10am et/7am pt

Semifinals - Canada vs Sweden, Friday at 2pm et/11am pt

Neely4Life wrote:I guess when you lose 2 games everything you have done is in question... Its not like he signed a great big deal, went in the tank, got swpet in the first round then didnt even make the playoffs the next year. I would be worried if that happend.
Laughing3 Facepalm Ahhhhh!

(Not saying anything about your relationship with DW because Imo she's cool and provides a solid perspective to the forum, but man, you are a funny guy!)

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 12 of 12]

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 10, 11, 12

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum