GM Hockey
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
GM Hockey

You are not connected. Please login or register

IIHF: Canada vs Latvia - 10:15am EST - Thu. May 7th, 2009

+4
PTFlea
Cronie
SensFan71
shabbs
8 posters

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 9, 10, 11, 12  Next

Go down  Message [Page 10 of 12]

shabbs

Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer

Vlasic to the sin-bin... big oppty here for Latvia... 2-man ad...

6-on-3...

SensFan71

All-Star
All-Star

shabbs wrote:Latvian net is empty for their PP...

its do or die time, who's out on the PK?

Cap'n Clutch wrote:
Neely4Life wrote:
Cap'n Clutch wrote:Lets face it. Neely will find a reason to dislike what Heatley and Spezza are doing regardless. He's already set this tournament up as being a waste of time and it shows nothing.

Why would he say that? Simple so he can cover himself in case Spezza is on a team that Wins a gold he can simply say Spezza is still a loser because this tournament is meaningless.

Not quite, but good theory. Again, look at the teams and the players and tell me its something that Canada should hang its hat on.

They are barly beating Latvia and even then, this game could be going either way if it wasnt for awful reffing on Latvia's side.

If Canada wins Gold here I'm sure that's what you'll say Neely. Spezza is still a career loser except he'll have a Gold medal and despite what you say about this tournament that is still a championship under his belt and takes a little off that argument.

It will be a championship under his belt, and you're right, I wont be able to use that in an arguement against him. Still wont change my opinion on him because even here you see how flawed his game is even strength. But good for him and Canada if they can win it.

shabbs

shabbs
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer

Mason coming up big now...

Thats an absolutly awful PP by Latvia.

SensFan71

All-Star
All-Star

shabbs wrote:Vlasic to the sin-bin... big oppty here for Latvia... 2-man ad...

6-on-3...

oooh boy hold onto your seats on this one.

shabbs

shabbs
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer

Canada killed off the penalties... 2:22 to go...

DOH!

Hamhuis to go to the sin-bin... hit to the head... could be a big one...

Why do they keep playing funky town?

SensFan71

All-Star
All-Star

shabbs wrote:Canada killed off the penalties... 2:22 to go...

DOH!

sheesh Ruff is not going to like this lack of discipline, will get us killed against the Swedes in the next round (yeah picking the swedes to win), or the Russkies in the final (yeah, the US won't beat the Russians)

shabbs

shabbs
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer

Hamhuis gets a 10-min for a hit to the head... weak call...

Cap'n Clutch

Cap'n Clutch
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

shabbs wrote:Canada killed off the penalties... 2:22 to go...

DOH!

Are they trying to get more practice on the PK Ahhhhh!

- Unknown Author

shabbs

shabbs
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer

Neely4Life wrote:Why do they keep playing funky town?
It's the only song the IIHF has money to license...

:^^^^: Laughing3 :^^^^: Laughing3

Neely4Life wrote:
504Heater wrote:
Neely4Life wrote:Im not "constantly" talking about those 2. I simply commented on Cash's comment by saying they have been awful 5 on 5 and are on for the entire PP padding stats against the weaker teams. What about that isnt true?

Your smarter than that. You know without Heatley and Spezza on the PP Canada would be out by now. Give credit where it's due.

Weber's the QB of the PP, but Spezza - and more specifically Heatley make teams fear taking penalties. If those three can't do it 5 on 5, it's the job of the team to give them a bit of a hand.

There are a lot of players that could be lighting it up on the PP for Canada. That PP unit is obviously clicking, but they still beat up on Belarus, Hungry, Czech (even then 5 on 5 Canada was the worse of the 2 teams), and we lost against Finland.

I dont think there is much that will convince me that Weber is the reason for its success. He is that good and makes that much of a difference... Put a Souray or Weber on the blueline in Ottawa, you would get the same thing.

You guys seem to be confusing things a little bit. The 1st PP unit really hasn't been out for the entire PP...not even close actually. For the most part, its been a pretty even division between units 1 and 2 and the scoring has come almost as much from Hamhuis, Stamkos, and Doan.

That being said, I fully agree with Neely when he talks about padding stats against the lesser teams. All you have to do is look at Heatley last year: He put up 11 of his 20 points against Slovenia, Latvia, and Norway. Thats 11 points in 3 games and 9 points in the other 6... Obviously 9 in 6 isn't bad, but it isn't quite our of the ordinary for any Canadian top line player in this tournament... I mean, lombardi put up those kinds of numbers in '07 Shrug

shabbs

shabbs
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer

Do hit to the heads carry a next-game suspension?

shabbs

shabbs
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer

1:00 to go!

Canada isnt lucky to win this game, they are a better tea, BUT they should be very aware of how many holes are in their game and will be exposed against the better teams.

Should have been evident against Finland but maybe this will wake them up a little more...

shabbs

shabbs
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer

Back to even strength... and game over!

Canada wins!!!!!!

shabbs

shabbs
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer

Canada will need to bring a better game in the semi's or they'll be out before you know it.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 10 of 12]

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 9, 10, 11, 12  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum