GM Hockey
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
GM Hockey

You are not connected. Please login or register

IIHF: Canada vs Latvia - 10:15am EST - Thu. May 7th, 2009

+4
PTFlea
Cronie
SensFan71
shabbs
8 posters

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3 ... , 10, 11, 12  Next

Go down  Message [Page 11 of 12]

Canada isnt lucky to win this game, they are a better tea, BUT they should be very aware of how many holes are in their game and will be exposed against the better teams.

Should have been evident against Finland but maybe this will wake them up a little more...

shabbs

Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer

Back to even strength... and game over!

Canada wins!!!!!!

shabbs

Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer

Canada will need to bring a better game in the semi's or they'll be out before you know it.

SensFan71

All-Star
All-Star

agreed, better shape up or you will be playing for Bronze.

Cap'n Clutch

Cap'n Clutch
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

So do we know who Canada faces in the Semi's yet?

- Unknown Author

Yup, they need to be waaaaay better. If Latvia had any kind of PP that game would be totally different too.

SensFan71

All-Star
All-Star

Cap'n Clutch wrote:So do we know who Canada faces in the Semi's yet?

whoever wins the Swedes/Czech game.

Neely4Life wrote:Canada isnt lucky to win this game, they are a better tea, BUT they should be very aware of how many holes are in their game and will be exposed against the better teams.

Should have been evident against Finland but maybe this will wake them up a little more...

The good news is that they were good enough to beat Finland (even though they didn't) and Sweden isn't any better than Finland in this tournament... Also, the Russians don't exactly have the same contingent they did last year, either...

Cap'n Clutch

Cap'n Clutch
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

SensFan71 wrote:
Cap'n Clutch wrote:So do we know who Canada faces in the Semi's yet?

whoever wins the Swedes/Czech game.

OK thanks.

- Unknown Author

Russians step it up against Canada though, all the time. Kovulchuk can win a game by himself and against this Canada team, I can def see it. Russia also has players in the KHL like Morazov (sp?) that can play in any league in the world at the highest level.

Canada is good enough to win this tournament, whether or not they have the character to is a totally different story.

Cronie

Cronie
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

hey all, just returned from lunch. What was the damage?
(I'm too lazy to go back and read through)LOL

Cap'n Clutch

Cap'n Clutch
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

Cronie wrote:hey all, just returned from lunch. What was the damage?
(I'm too lazy to go back and read through)LOL

4 - 2 Canada. They also killed off a late surge where Latvia was up 6 on 3 with the goalie pulled obviously.

- Unknown Author

I dunno if I would call that a "surge" haha, that PP was pretty bad. But Canada hung on which in the grand sceem on things is all that matters I guess.

Cronie

Cronie
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

Sweet... Thanks Clutch.

Geez, I just read some posts above and I REALLY hope Lindy rips into them and ensures they come out for the semi's ready and willing to play... Sheesh...

Neely4Life wrote:
Canada is good enough to win this tournament, whether or not they have the character to is a totally different story.
I think thats the main question for any team led by Spezza and Heatley... I think you'll agree when I say that thats yours and my biggest issue with them: character.

Always has been... we'll see I guess. Anything less then a gold is a failure, anything less then the finals is just plain embarassing.

Cronie

Cronie
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

That's been a concern for a while now when it comes to Heatley and Spezza: when the chips are down, can they be counted on?

It is indeed the 64K dollar question...

Cronie

Cronie
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

Neely4Life wrote:Always has been... we'll see I guess. Anything less then a gold is a failure, anything less then the finals is just plain embarassing.

Agreed. Plus, I'd like to think the boys will play hard not just for their country and such, but also for Lindy, as it's his first ever international gig. It would be nice if he had something to show for it IMO.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 11 of 12]

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3 ... , 10, 11, 12  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum