GM Hockey
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
GM Hockey

You are not connected. Please login or register

IIHF President Fasel would fight NHL division in Europe

3 posters

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Cap'n Clutch

Cap'n Clutch
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

I just saw this. Apparently it was up yesterday but I've been kinda busy with my new born and my almost 2 year old at home. Who doesn't love sleep deprivation? Who I ask you? Who? Lalalala

Anyway. It appears as though the IIHF president would do his best to keep the NHL from sinking their teeth further into the European market. They already feel they're draining the talent from Europe enough as is and feels a separation of NHL and European Hockey is better for the game.

I personally don't see the NHL ever being able to make it work with travel and time zone issues to deal with.

http://www.tsn.ca/nhl/story/?id=331552

- Unknown Author

PTFlea

PTFlea
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

Yeah, the travel's almost impossible. But these comments by Guy Smiley or whatever his name is must have the NHL feeling like 'infringing' on their territory over there as a little Cuss you.

Hoags

Hoags
All-Star
All-Star

NHL can't even get profitable teams in North America and now they'd want to expand to Europe and saddle teams with extra travel costs and jet lag ? lol

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum