GM Hockey
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
GM Hockey

You are not connected. Please login or register

Of the 6 Division leaders who falls the hardest?

+8
SensGal
dennycrane
shabbs
LeCaptain
PKC
PTFlea
SeawaySensFan
Cap'n Clutch
12 posters

Go to page : 1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 4]

Cap'n Clutch

Cap'n Clutch
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

Division leaders: Washington, New Jersey, Buffalo, San Jose, Chicago, Vancouver

I think Washington picks up where they left off and dominates the East again. It looks like they're following SJ's learning curve so don't expect playoff success any time soon. New Jersey will be there again. I don't know how they do it but they usually seem to find a way to be a division leader. Buffalo is a huge question mark and to me they are the most likely candidate to be knocked out and possibly miss the playoffs with Boston likely much improved, Ottawa likely better and even the Leafs being slightly better as well. SJ will be a regular season power house once again but perhaps with some playoff success they take it a little easy next season? Chicago will have to deal with Cap issues but they have a deep enough team, with top end talent, that they'll be there again. Vancouver looks almost like a lock unless the Avs young guns don't suffer from a softmore (sp) slump.

- Unknown Author

San Jose. They wont have their goaltender or one of Thornton or Marleau back.

SeawaySensFan

SeawaySensFan
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

In the East, New Jersey will fall somewhat. They gave up some awful good players in the Kovalchuk deal. The end is nigh for Fraudeur. Not even their stifling, boring style can save him now.

In the West, the Cap will indeed take it's toll on Chicago. They may take the hardest fall in the entire league.

Cap'n Clutch

Cap'n Clutch
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

SeawaySensFan wrote:In the East, New Jersey will fall somewhat. They gave up some awful good players in the Kovalchuk deal. The end is nigh for Fraudeur. Not even their stifling, boring style can save him now.

In the West, the Cap will indeed take it's toll on Chicago. They may take the hardest fall in the entire league.

I'm not convinced. A team that has a core of Kane, Toews, Hossa, Keith and Seabrooke should withstand their cap crunch.

- Unknown Author

PTFlea

PTFlea
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

Chicago has the potential to lose the most experienced NHL talent this summer. They could lose Campbell, Byfuglien or Versteeg (or both), Sopel (I've gained a lot of respect for this guy), Huet will be bought out I'm sure, Johnsson, Barker's already gone. The more depth you lose, the more wear and tear your top players get.

In the East, it's high time for Jersey to fall, but who can doubt the regular season Brodeur. Still, I keep picking Jersey to fall every year, why stop now?

I'll say...

Cap'n Clutch

Cap'n Clutch
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

I've given up on trying to predict the Devils to fall out of the top 3 because they find themselves there year in and year out.

- Unknown Author

PKC

PKC
All-Star
All-Star

Buffalo won't make the playoffs next year if they keep the same roster.

Cap'n Clutch

Cap'n Clutch
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

PKC wrote:Buffalo won't make the playoffs next year if they keep the same roster.

I'm not willing to go that far but they're definitely my pick for falling the hardest. Boston is finally playing like we all thought they would at the start of the year. Philly would be a tougher test except that they have some tough injuries to deal with and Boucher is crashing back to earth it seems.

- Unknown Author

PTFlea

PTFlea
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

PKC wrote:Buffalo won't make the playoffs next year if they keep the same roster.

Yeah, this was meant to be my pick from the East. Can Miller replicate this season? Because that's the only way Buffalo makes the playoffs.

Who knows the answer, but I'd say no. We'll just switch positions with them. Wait...no, Boston will win the NE and we'll be 4th or 5th I reckon.

LeCaptain

LeCaptain
All-Star
All-Star

N4L wrote:San Jose. They wont have their goaltender or one of Thornton or Marleau back.

But their kids are maturing.

marakh wrote:
N4L wrote:San Jose. They wont have their goaltender or one of Thornton or Marleau back.

But their kids are maturing.

Pavalski is a fantastic player, that's for sure but we'll see how he does with one less superstar with him. Who knows though but with Pheonix and LA coming along nicely along with Dallas and Anahiem there, this is absolutely The Sharks best chance to win a cup, everything from here on out is downhill for a bit.

LeCaptain

LeCaptain
All-Star
All-Star

Not sure really, If Chicago doesn't win this year they're gonna lose a loooooot of players and the crazy chemistry they have right now is gonna break partially and they'll need some time to re-adjust.

SJ are still gonna have:
Thornton or Marleau
Heatbag
Pavelski
Setoguchi
Clowe
Couture
Boyle
Demers

Even Nabokov has stopped choking, shocking.

In the East I have to go with Buffalo, because Ottawa, Boston and Toronto will all be much better IMO.

In the West, I will go with none of the above. In fact I wouldn't be shocked to see the same top 3 again next year.

shabbs

shabbs
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer

I'm gonna go with New Jersey... no real reason...

Cap'n Clutch

Cap'n Clutch
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

shabbs wrote:I'm gonna go with New Jersey... no real reason...

I've been duped by NJ too many times now that I'll just expect them to be at least top 4.

- Unknown Author

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 4]

Go to page : 1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum