GM Hockey
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
GM Hockey

You are not connected. Please login or register

Of the 6 Division leaders who falls the hardest?

+8
SensGal
dennycrane
shabbs
LeCaptain
PKC
PTFlea
SeawaySensFan
Cap'n Clutch
12 posters

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Go down  Message [Page 3 of 4]

SeawaySensFan

Franchise Player
Franchise Player

Cap'n Clutch wrote:
N4L wrote:Toronto still hasnt adressed how they are going to score goals. Seriously, besides Kessel who do they have up front? Is Bozak ready to be a number 1 guy? Is Kadri going to make an impact? A ton of unknows.

I agree. As it stands right now they'll continue to struggle to score. Does the Burke address this by giving away his 2012 first rounder? Of the 6 Division leaders who falls the hardest? - Page 3 159628

Expect Jurke to take a run at "Wheels" Wheeler.

PTFlea

Co-Founder
Co-Founder

wprager wrote:
That means only three of Pittsburgh, Washington, Philly, New Jersey, Rangers and Carolina make it in. Assuming Sid and Ovie don't miss, that leaves room for only one of the other four (and I am dismissing Atlanta, the two Florida teams and the Islanders out of hand -- one or two of those will be close).

So, no, I don't see how all five of the NE teams can get in.

Good point. Although I could see Pittsburgh, Washington, Philly making it and NJ finally crashing. The Rangers and Carolina are teetering unless they make some big moves.

PTFlea

Co-Founder
Co-Founder

SDH89 wrote:
I would really like to know how Toronto is going to be improving their roster this summer. They have very limited trade pieces, and will most likely trade their best player away (Kaberle). The top two free agents will not sign there -- Kovalchuck doesnt seem to want to play in a high pressure market and Marleau hates Ron Wilson, vice versa. They will sign an adequate FA like Colby Armstrong and call it a day. They`ll bring in Kadri, but he will have his growing pains. People seem to forget the Leafs seem to finish strong almost every year when the pressure is off and are able to play loosey-goosey hockey.

All good points.

The way I thought it would work would be for them to trade Kaberle for a real center (mistake IMO), but it's still a weak crop of forwards.

SDH89

SDH89
Veteran
Veteran

SpezDispenser wrote:
SDH89 wrote:
I would really like to know how Toronto is going to be improving their roster this summer. They have very limited trade pieces, and will most likely trade their best player away (Kaberle). The top two free agents will not sign there -- Kovalchuck doesnt seem to want to play in a high pressure market and Marleau hates Ron Wilson, vice versa. They will sign an adequate FA like Colby Armstrong and call it a day. They`ll bring in Kadri, but he will have his growing pains. People seem to forget the Leafs seem to finish strong almost every year when the pressure is off and are able to play loosey-goosey hockey.

All good points.

The way I thought it would work would be for them to trade Kaberle for a real center (mistake IMO), but it's still a weak crop of forwards.

I could also see Burke leveraging Kaberle to get himself back into the first round.

Kaberle will not get a 1st round pick. If there is a player who's value is more over valued by their team I dont know who it is. No team in their right mind will give up a 1st rounder for Kaberle. If he wasnt in Toronto we would be talking about him like another run of the mill 3, 4 D man.

SDH89

SDH89
Veteran
Veteran

N4L wrote:Kaberle will not get a 1st round pick. If there is a player who's value is more over valued by their team I dont know who it is. No team in their right mind will give up a 1st rounder for Kaberle. If he wasnt in Toronto we would be talking about him like another run of the mill 3, 4 D man.

I probably should have clarified and said, Burke will try to get a first rounder for Kaberle. I would agree that Kaberle, realistically will not net a first in this years draft.

Haha, yup, he may very well have to try but with a lot of teams having cap issues and other rebuilding, what team actually wants to give up something of any value for a guy that is signed for one more year?

SDH89

SDH89
Veteran
Veteran

Toronto is probably better off just keeping him. I doubt they will though.

Riprock

Riprock
All-Star
All-Star

A team drafting in the last 15 picks, that is a legitimate contender, like Vancouver for example, would definitely give up a 1st+ for Kaberle.

Hodgson + 1st for Kaberle.

Dash wrote:A team drafting in the last 15 picks, that is a legitimate contender, like Vancouver for example, would definitely give up a 1st+ for Kaberle.

0% chance Hodson gets dealt along with a 1st rounder. If that happend Gillis would be run out of town in no time. It isnt Sutter making the deal.

A team like Vancouver, one of a very select few to say the least, yes I can see them maybe pulling the trigger on a deal for Kaberle... or they can go out and offer Gonchar a 3 or 4 years deal.

SDH89

SDH89
Veteran
Veteran

Dash wrote:A team drafting in the last 15 picks, that is a legitimate contender, like Vancouver for example, would definitely give up a 1st+ for Kaberle.

That would be interesting, remove the first and we have a deal.

Ok, there is no way Vancouver moves Hodgson unless it's for an equally promising prospect or player. Kaberle at 1 more year isnt going to get that done. Truth be told they dont even need a PP QB with Edler there.

SDH89

SDH89
Veteran
Veteran

Has Hodgson`s frustration with the Canucks medical staff been confirmed, or is that just a rumour?

Who knows, but they have said he isnt being moved. If he does get moved though, it will be for something of equal value and at this point he's more valuable then Kaberle to The Canucks.

PTFlea

PTFlea
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

N4L wrote:Kaberle will not get a 1st round pick. If there is a player who's value is more over valued by their team I dont know who it is. No team in their right mind will give up a 1st rounder for Kaberle. If he wasnt in Toronto we would be talking about him like another run of the mill 3, 4 D man.

Madness. Are you serious? He regularly gets high 40s, low to mid 50s in points on a team that has issues scoring. What makes you say that? Your hate of the Leafs?

Nope, the fact he isnt a real threat from the point and he wouldnt ge the time on ice with a decent team that he does with Toronto. He's a good defenseman on an awful team. He isnt as good as Toronto makes him out to be, he's a good guy to move the puck on The PP and doesnt do much else. There are a ton of guys in The NHL that can do what he does.

Ev

Ev
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

SpezDispenser wrote:

Madness. Are you serious? He regularly gets high 40s, low to mid 50s in points on a team that has issues scoring. What makes you say that? Your hate of the Leafs?

I agree, Karberle is one of the best PP defencemen in the game. I think somebody would give the Leafs a 1st rounder or a good prospect for him. Almost 50 points on a team that has a terrible forward corps is damn good.

PTFlea

PTFlea
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

N4L wrote:Nope, the fact he isnt a real threat from the point and he wouldnt ge the time on ice with a decent team that he does with Toronto. He's a good defenseman on an awful team. He isnt as good as Toronto makes him out to be, he's a good guy to move the puck on The PP and doesnt do much else. There are a ton of guys in The NHL that can do what he does.

I don't buy it until I actually see it. He's an awesome outlet passer and one of the top PP QBs in the league. I still think this is because you hate the Leafs.

They'll easily get a 1st rounder for Kaberle. And depending on the team and how high/low the first is, there could be a big time prospect involved as well.

Like Corvo for example, just the promise of more offense from the back end and Washington gave up Osala and a 2nd rounder to get him.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 3 of 4]

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum