GM Hockey
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
GM Hockey

You are not connected. Please login or register

GAME OF THE NIGHT: Boston Bruins at Montreal Canadiens, Wednesday April 22, 2009, 7pm ET

+10
Hockeyhero22000
Riprock
asq2
PTFlea
SensFan71
Cronie
SeawaySensFan
caissie_1
shabbs
davetherave
14 posters

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next

Go down  Message [Page 4 of 8]

Cronie

Co-Founder
Co-Founder

504Heater wrote:
SeawaySensFan wrote:Komisarek earned his massive raise last year. Montreal would be wise not to get sucked in. Let the Islanders have him.

Bring family-men into the dressing room and build from there.

I wonder how much he's looking for on the open market.

Perhaps anywhere from $4 - $5M per season... Which, for last year's Komisarek seems alright (it's still HIGH, but still) but as for this year's performance, well, he's dreaming in color as my grandfather would say. Wink

SeawaySensFan

Franchise Player
Franchise Player

504Heater wrote:
SeawaySensFan wrote:Komisarek earned his massive raise last year. Montreal would be wise not to get sucked in. Let the Islanders have him.

Bring family-men into the dressing room and build from there.

I wonder how much he's looking for on the open market.

I'm sure the bidding starts at 4 million.

PTFlea

Co-Founder
Co-Founder

SeawaySensFan wrote:

I would offer 3.75 X 10 years.

SeawaySensFan

SeawaySensFan
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

504Heater wrote:
SeawaySensFan wrote:

So would Garth Snow and Chuck Wang.

PTFlea

PTFlea
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

SeawaySensFan wrote:
504Heater wrote:
SeawaySensFan wrote:

Well, they started a trend that's now being copied by the Detroit Red Wings, so it can't be that outlandish.

shabbs

shabbs
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer

Price to start tonight for the Habs.

SeawaySensFan

SeawaySensFan
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

504Heater wrote:
SeawaySensFan wrote:
504Heater wrote:
SeawaySensFan wrote:

Well, they started a trend that's now being copied by the Detroit Red Wings, so it can't be that outlandish.

Nobody will come out and admit that they were wrong to laugh at Chuck and Garth, though. Funny how that goes.

Cronie

Cronie
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

shabbs wrote:Price to start tonight for the Habs.

Then it's official, Gainey too as thrown in the towel.

caissie_1

caissie_1
Veteran
Veteran

Hahaha good one Cronie! Just what i needed before heading off to my exam! Wish me luck boy's...

PTFlea

PTFlea
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

shabbs wrote:Price to start tonight for the Habs.

Facepalm

Cronie

Cronie
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

caissie_1 wrote:Hahaha good one Cronie! Just what i needed before heading off to my exam! Wish me luck boy's...

Best of luck Caissie_1! My fellow NB'er!
And hey, remember to taunt those down-&-Out Habs fans along the way. Wink

j/k

davetherave

davetherave
All-Star
All-Star

GAME OF THE NIGHT: Boston Bruins at Montreal Canadiens, Wednesday April 22, 2009, 7pm ET - Page 4 05pout11

caissie_1

caissie_1
Veteran
Veteran

Now that seems great... And thx Cronie the exam went well!

PTFlea

PTFlea
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

davetherave wrote:GAME OF THE NIGHT: Boston Bruins at Montreal Canadiens, Wednesday April 22, 2009, 7pm ET - Page 4 05pout11

:drooling:

SensFan71

All-Star
All-Star

caissie_1 wrote:Now that seems great... And thx Cronie the exam went well!

now off to the liquor store with ye, its party time cheers

davetherave

davetherave
All-Star
All-Star

Ottawa-born ex-67s star, and former Hab Murray Wilson gave a very good interview to Jason York this afternoon on the TEAM 1200 Healthy Scratches.

Wilson said the extent of the injuries to the Canadiens' lineup is far more extensive than has been revealed.

He even went so far as to say a number of players who should not be playing, due to the injuries they have, are--and, Wilson said, playing major minutes--simply because Montreal doesn't have the bodies to replace them.

Besides Markov and Bouillon being out, we add Schneider to the list; Komisarek and Hamrlik have been playing hurt all year; and I understand Brisebois is hurting with the recurring 'lower body injury'.

Basically their entire defense.

Up front, having lost Lang and Tanguay earlier, Tanguay hasn't been ever fully healed. Laraque's played all year with back and groin problems. Latendresse was injured and may have come back sooner that he should have from that shoulder ailment. Koivu came to camp with a broken foot and may not have been right all season long (he missed 16 games in January and February).

Close to half the team, in other words.

Wilson also gave some insight into Carey Price's problems. He has spoken with Price, who apparently admitted he was wrong not to disclose to them that he had injured himself earlier in the year--around Christmas to be exact--and yet continued to play. Price also apparently confided to Wilson that he exercised poor judgement in not curtailing his extracurricular activity.

An ugly picture any way you look at it, and what looks like an ugly end to an ugly season.

SensFan71

All-Star
All-Star

davetherave wrote:Ottawa-born ex-67s star, and former Hab Murray Wilson gave a very good interview to Jason York this afternoon on the TEAM 1200 Healthy Scratches.

Wilson said the extent of the injuries to the Canadiens' lineup is far more extensive than has been revealed.

He even went so far as to say a number of players who should not be playing, due to the injuries they have, are--and, Wilson said, playing major minutes--simply because Montreal doesn't have the bodies to replace them.

Besides Markov and Bouillon being out, we add Schneider to the list; Komisarek and Hamrlik have been playing hurt all year; and I understand Brisebois is hurting with the recurring 'lower body injury'.

Basically their entire defense.

Up front, having lost Lang and Tanguay earlier, Tanguay hasn't been ever fully healed. Laraque's played all year with back and groin problems. Latendresse was injured and may have come back sooner that he should have from that shoulder ailment. Koivu came to camp with a broken foot and may not have been right all season long (he missed 16 games in January and February).

Close to half the team, in other words.

Wilson also gave some insight into Carey Price's problems. He has spoken with Price, who apparently admitted he was wrong not to disclose to them that he had injured himself earlier in the year--around Christmas to be exact--and yet continued to play. Price also apparently confided to Wilson that he exercised poor judgement in not curtailing his extracurricular activity.

An ugly picture any way you look at it, and what looks like an ugly end to an ugly season.

wow it is even worse than we expected, even moreso than Ottawa's downward spiral last year, wow, who would have thunk it? Was it the upper management (bob Gainey) that covered this up or did the players did not divulge? I know it was noted that Carey Price was playing hurt and shouldn't have been, which makes me think why are they playing him now? One of my co-workers that is a Bleu Blanc and Rouge fan advised me that these people in the Habs organization believe Price is the second coming of Dryden, Roy, or any of the other greats and refuse to believe otherwise. I am not sure about that one, but that idea has been kicked around here for awhile as well. Shrug

asq2

asq2
All-Star
All-Star

:^^^^: Everything's (and everyone's) going against the Habs right now. Pretty much everyone's written them off (and not without good reason).

It'll be pretty funny if they win tonight.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 4 of 8]

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum