GM Hockey
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
GM Hockey

You are not connected. Please login or register

GAME OF THE NIGHT: Boston Bruins at Montreal Canadiens, Wednesday April 22, 2009, 7pm ET

+10
Hockeyhero22000
Riprock
asq2
PTFlea
SensFan71
Cronie
SeawaySensFan
caissie_1
shabbs
davetherave
14 posters

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8

Go down  Message [Page 8 of 8]

wprager

Administrator
Administrator

davetherave wrote:Acro, all good points, and I am not disputing yours.

Huet was not an option for the reasons I cited.

Carbonneau, as we saw, did not manage his talent correctly. That includes Price.

The media, as we agree, is desperate to anoint heroes--whether they want to be anointed or not.

The hockey karma in Montreal is, shall we say, not in good shape.

They got, what, a 5th rounder for Huet? I think they could have afforded to keep him and let him walk in July.

davetherave

All-Star
All-Star

Acrobat wrote:And such is the cruel humour of the hockey gods....

Last year, they looked down their noses at us as the Senators struggled. Now, ... we laugh :^^^^: :^^^:

Do not laugh at your opponent's misfortune, lest the aura of their demise envelop you...

wprager

Administrator
Administrator

Acrobat wrote:And such is the cruel humour of the hockey gods....

Last year, they looked down their noses at us as the Senators struggled. Now, ... we laugh :^^^^: :^^^:

I'm not laughing. There are a few player on the Habs I can't stand, and the Ole fans are getting what they deserve, but there are still a lot of good people in that organization.

davetherave

davetherave
All-Star
All-Star

wprager wrote:
davetherave wrote:Acro, all good points, and I am not disputing yours.

Huet was not an option for the reasons I cited.

Carbonneau, as we saw, did not manage his talent correctly. That includes Price.

The media, as we agree, is desperate to anoint heroes--whether they want to be anointed or not.

The hockey karma in Montreal is, shall we say, not in good shape.

They got, what, a 5th rounder for Huet? I think they could have afforded to keep him and let him walk in July.

Evidently Mr Gainey did not agree with that perspective.

LeCaptain

LeCaptain
All-Star
All-Star

I certainly laugh at certain fans (starting with my friends :^^^^: ). May be next time they will shut up when the Sens are in bad shape. I also laugh at the fans who booed a 21 year old goalie who never asked to be the savior.

That being said, I feel very bad for the majority of the players, they gave their all and really, no markov, no tanguay, no lang, no schneider, no Bouillon... It's worse thatn the Sens last year without Alfredsson, Fisher and Kelly.
Montreal has 9 players signed for next year. I think the Sens should take the opportunity to send some DEfensemen :D:

They ruined Carey Price as a Montreal Canadian. Ole.

They have lost their captain and best player. Ole

They wont be back in the playoffs for a least 2 or 3 years. Ole

PTFlea

PTFlea
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

wprager wrote:They got, what, a 5th rounder for Huet? I think they could have afforded to keep him and let him walk in July.

Say it ain't so...I thought they got a 2nd rounder for him?

PTFlea

PTFlea
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

Neely4Life wrote:They ruined Carey Price as a Montreal Canadian. Ole.

Ole. cool)

wprager

wprager
Administrator
Administrator

504Heater wrote:
wprager wrote:They got, what, a 5th rounder for Huet? I think they could have afforded to keep him and let him walk in July.

Say it ain't so...I thought they got a 2nd rounder for him?

Oops, right you are. I was, umm, typing upside down.

wprager

wprager
Administrator
Administrator

Neely4Life wrote:They ruined Carey Price as a Montreal Canadian. Ole.

It's ironic. Here they are with 12 roster spots to fill and a ton of cap space. By all accounts they'll have a tough, tough time attracting free agents. They need all their picks and prospects for a rebuild, but have just 9 players they could even consider trading. They could troll the KHL for some UFAs, but how many quality players are really there that are worth it, want to come back and will clear waivers?

I see the Habs starting next year with a new GM/coach, that much is a given, but also with a half dozen or more rookies in the lineup. If their new GM is smart, and the coach good, they'll have all those guys on 2 way contracts, play real exciting hockey to turn the team atmosphere around, and then would have the cap space to bring in some UFAs in 2010-11.

I don't see them making the playoffs next year, for sure, but they might be able to pull it off the year after that. Of course by that time the Sens and Leafs will have some 2nd and 3rd year players roundign into top-form, with top-5 or top-10 rookies/sophomores. So it could be challenging for Montreal, even then.

Bottom line, no playoffs next year. Distinct possibility the year after, if they make all the right moves.

Then, again, when I hear statements like the next coach they hire better be a French Canadian, Woof, wow! Their attendance is not a problem, why pander to the masses? Hire the best guy available to deliver a good product. They can afford a medium-to-long term solution, but they seem intent on making a short-sighted move.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 8 of 8]

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum