GM Hockey
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
GM Hockey

You are not connected. Please login or register

he's back (again)

5 posters

Go to page : 1, 2  Next

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 2]

1he's back (again) Empty he's back (again) Tue Apr 21, 2009 12:29 pm

SensFan71

All-Star
All-Star

well Hasek did not stay retired for long

http://www.tsn.ca/nhl/story/?id=275860

PRAGUE -- Dominik Hasek is coming out of retirement to play for his former club in the top Czech league.

The 44-year-old goaltender will play next season for HC Moeller Pardubice in the town where he was born and started his career. While Hasek will be the oldest player in the league, Pardubice has an option to extend the contract by one more year.

"I'm really glad I could sign a deal with this club," Hasek told a news conference Tuesday. "It's a club where I spent the most years. I've never even thought I could play for any other club in the Czech Republic. I'm looking forward to the next season."

The announcement comes less than a year after Hasek's retirement following winning won the Stanley Cup with the Detroit Red Wings for the second time in June.

"A year ago I said goodbye to the NHL but not to hockey," Hasek said. "After a year when I was engaged in other activities I felt like returning."

Hasek helped Pardubice win the Czech title in 1987 and '89.

"My return won't be easy," Hasek said. "We have big goals with Pardubice. I don't talk about my age but a return to top hockey will not be easy. I want to keep winning, I'm looking forward to it."

Drafted by the Chicago Blackhawks in 1983, Hasek joined the NHL in the 1990-1991 season and won 389 games with the Red Wings, Ottawa Senators, Buffalo Sabres and the Blackhawks. He was a six-time Vezina Trophy winner as the NHL's top goaltender and two-time Hart Trophy winner as the league's most valuable player.

He previously retired in 2002 after winning his first Stanley Cup with Detroit but rejoined the NHL in the 2003-04 season.

Hasek played two games for Pardubice during the 2004-05 lockout season.

He also led the Czech Republic to gold at the 1998 Olympics -- and is now hoping for an encore at next year's Vancouver Olympics.

Hasek said he didn't know whether the Czech coaches are interested in having him on the team, but that playing in another Olympics "will be a motivation for me in training."

2he's back (again) Empty Re: he's back (again) Tue Apr 21, 2009 12:34 pm

PTFlea

PTFlea
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

The single best goalie in the history of the Sens - by 10 to 1.

I miss him and his amazing saves more than anyone can imagine (except my fiance I guess).

3he's back (again) Empty Re: he's back (again) Tue Apr 21, 2009 1:07 pm

SensGirl11

SensGirl11
Mod
Mod

504Heater wrote:The single best goalie in the history of the Sens - by 10 to 1.

I miss him and his amazing saves more than anyone can imagine (except my fiance I guess).

Crying I wish we had given him a second chance, I know how the guys felt about him after that nightmare season. But still...

4he's back (again) Empty Re: he's back (again) Tue Apr 21, 2009 1:17 pm

SensFan71

All-Star
All-Star

SensGirl11 wrote:

Crying I wish we had given him a second chance, I know how the guys felt about him after that nightmare season. But still...

If Leclaire or Elliott doesn't pan out, then we may be kicking ourselves for years as Hasek then would have been the best chance at bringing a cup to Ottawa.

5he's back (again) Empty Re: he's back (again) Tue Apr 21, 2009 1:18 pm

SensGirl11

SensGirl11
Mod
Mod

SensFan71 wrote:
SensGirl11 wrote:

If Leclaire or Elliott doesn't pan out, then we may be kicking ourselves for years as Hasek then would have been the best chance at bringing a cup to Ottawa.

I truly believe that that was our year to win it all. I don't know if we'll ever get a goalie like him again. I don't think they make them like him anymore.

6he's back (again) Empty Re: he's back (again) Tue Apr 21, 2009 1:27 pm

caissie_1

caissie_1
Veteran
Veteran

I was glad he was gone... But he was a hell of a goalie and probably our best shot at winning it all.

7he's back (again) Empty Re: he's back (again) Tue Apr 21, 2009 1:28 pm

SensFan71

All-Star
All-Star

SensGirl11 wrote:
SensFan71 wrote:
SensGirl11 wrote:

I truly believe that that was our year to win it all. I don't know if we'll ever get a goalie like him again. I don't think they make them like him anymore.

No Hasek was definitely one of a kind, just like Roy and Brodeur, franchise goalies like that aren't a dime a dozen and they don't grow on trees, they are anomaly's at best.

8he's back (again) Empty Re: he's back (again) Tue Apr 21, 2009 1:33 pm

PTFlea

PTFlea
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

SensGirl11 wrote:
SensFan71 wrote:
SensGirl11 wrote:

Somewhere in some deep, dark cold place in Slovakia, some 12 year old kid is starting to make pretty neat saves on his buddies. In 10 years, he'll be a top NHL goalie, in 20, he will be a legend.

The point is, there will always be 'another' one.

9he's back (again) Empty Re: he's back (again) Tue Apr 21, 2009 1:36 pm

SensGirl11

SensGirl11
Mod
Mod

504Heater wrote:
SensGirl11 wrote:
SensFan71 wrote:
SensGirl11 wrote:

You're probably right, but, they'll probably end up in Montreal and turn into Carey Price.

Somewhere in some deep, dark cold place in Slovakia, some 12 year old kid is starting to make pretty neat saves on his buddies. In 10 years, he'll be a top NHL goalie, in 20, he will be a legend.

The point is, there will always be 'another' one.

10he's back (again) Empty Re: he's back (again) Tue Apr 21, 2009 1:39 pm

SensGirl11

SensGirl11
Mod
Mod

WTF!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! My posts aren't coming up when I quote people.

Anywho, you're probably right Heater, but, this next "one" will end up in Montreal and turn into Carey Price.

11he's back (again) Empty Re: he's back (again) Tue Apr 21, 2009 1:40 pm

Cronie

Cronie
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

And really, for all we know, LeClair COULD be our next Hasek, or even better.

Who knows what the future and karma holds for the Sens... I'm anxious to find out; and hey, it could be worse, we could be the Habs...or have Burke as our GM...

To quote my favorite Monty Python ditty:
"Life's a piece of sh*t,
When you look at it.
Life's a laugh and death's a joke it's true.
You'll see it's all a show.
Keep 'em laughing as you go.
Just remember that the last laugh is on you...And

ALWAYS LOOK ON THE BRIGHT SIDE OF LIFE... *whistling*
ALWAYS LOOK ON THE BRIGHT SIDE OF LIFE"

12he's back (again) Empty Re: he's back (again) Tue Apr 21, 2009 1:41 pm

PTFlea

PTFlea
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

SensGirl11 wrote:WTF!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! My posts aren't coming up when I quote people.

Anywho, you're probably right Heater, but, this next "one" will end up in Montreal and turn into Carey Price.

There will be others.

13he's back (again) Empty Re: he's back (again) Tue Apr 21, 2009 1:44 pm

SensGirl11

SensGirl11
Mod
Mod

Others that will win 6 Vezinas and some Hart trophies? Who's the closest in the league right now to that? Brodeur?

14he's back (again) Empty Re: he's back (again) Tue Apr 21, 2009 1:47 pm

SensFan71

All-Star
All-Star

SensGirl11 wrote:WTF!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! My posts aren't coming up when I quote people.

if it's carey price, it won't be in a montreal jersey, unless gainey is thrown out of his office and someone comes in to manage him a bit better.

15he's back (again) Empty Re: he's back (again) Tue Apr 21, 2009 1:55 pm

PTFlea

PTFlea
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

SensGirl11 wrote:Others that will win 6 Vezinas and some Hart trophies? Who's the closest in the league right now to that? Brodeur?

Who knows? Maybe the up and comers haven't come into the league yet. Hiller, that Swedish guy who the Leafs are trying to sign. Lundqvist, Luongo, Brodeur.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 2]

Go to page : 1, 2  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum