GM Hockey
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
GM Hockey

You are not connected. Please login or register

Big 3 back together

+7
smash88
rooneypoo
Cap'n Clutch
mattshock
shabbs
PKC
SensGirl11
11 posters

Go to page : 1, 2, 3  Next

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 3]

1Big 3 back together Empty Big 3 back together Mon Nov 17, 2008 10:57 am

SensGirl11

SensGirl11
Mod
Mod

The big line has been reunited!!!! It was much needed and I'm surprised he didn't do it sooner.

Let's hope this means a big W for us tonight, we need it badly!

EDIT: Auld will also be in nets. Vermette has been demoted to the 4th line.

http://www.ottawasun.com/Sports/Senators/2008/11/17/7438996.html

2Big 3 back together Empty Re: Big 3 back together Mon Nov 17, 2008 11:05 am

PKC

PKC
All-Star
All-Star

So if Verms is on the third, then?

Alfie-Spezza-Heatley
Winch-Fisher-Zubov
Foligno-Kelly-Ruutu
Donovan-Vermette-DMac

3Big 3 back together Empty Re: Big 3 back together Mon Nov 17, 2008 11:06 am

shabbs

shabbs
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer

No, as per the article it will look like this:

Alfie-Spezza-Heatley
Ruutu-Fisher-Foligno
McAmmond-Zubov-Donovan
Vermette-Kelly-Winchester

4Big 3 back together Empty Re: Big 3 back together Mon Nov 17, 2008 11:10 am

SensGirl11

SensGirl11
Mod
Mod

It should be interesting...I don't know how much I like the 2nd line in a scoring sense, but they'll be killer to play against.

5Big 3 back together Empty Re: Big 3 back together Mon Nov 17, 2008 11:15 am

mattshock

mattshock
Veteran
Veteran

That fourth line is only a fourth line in name. It looks more like a second or third by the personnel on it. Hopefully they get the least minutes of any line to really make it felt.

6Big 3 back together Empty Re: Big 3 back together Mon Nov 17, 2008 11:24 am

The pressure has gone to his head. I hate this move. First thing he's done that I fully disagree with. Even if we win, my opinion won't change. I'll only admit I was wrong if we rattle off the next three straight against 2 of the top teams in the East.

Ruutu-Fisher-Foligno is an interesting line. I've always felt that Fisher would do well with either (or both) Foligno or Winchester. Likewise, I believe(d) that Ruutu-Fisher would be an outstanding PK tandem. This line has definite potential.
I like the other lines and it would really be something if he used the Kelly line as a 4th line. None of those three have been playing well in recent games and they deserve to get 4th line minutes until they prove otherwise.
I would prefer if Zubov could play with a more skilled player than Donovan - someone like Vermette, but he just isn't playing well.

If I could switch the lines, I would leave the top two the same and have Zubov-McAmmond-Vermette and Donovan-Kelly-Winchester. Those lines seem more cohesive to me.

7Big 3 back together Empty Re: Big 3 back together Mon Nov 17, 2008 11:27 am

shabbs

shabbs
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer

If we win due to the Pizza line, does it confirm that we are a one-line team that lives and dies by them?

8Big 3 back together Empty Re: Big 3 back together Mon Nov 17, 2008 11:32 am

SensGirl11

SensGirl11
Mod
Mod

If we win with the top line together tonight and Thursday I will be happy with this move. Especially if they score some goals and we see the confidence move all the way down the lines and we see offense from them too. If it's all the top line and no secondary scoring, I'll be worried.

Let's see what happens though, this might be what we needed and Zubov might be that secondary guy we need at the moment too.

9Big 3 back together Empty Re: Big 3 back together Mon Nov 17, 2008 11:49 am

Cap'n Clutch

Cap'n Clutch
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

This move smacks of desperation. Also teaches Spezza he can always get what he wants if he sulks enough.

- Unknown Author

10Big 3 back together Empty Re: Big 3 back together Mon Nov 17, 2008 11:52 am

SensGirl11

SensGirl11
Mod
Mod

I don't know if I agree. We've always had success (in the regular season) and then in the playoffs of (2006-07) with the big 3 together. Mind you, at that time we had our puck moving defenseMEN. So, I don't really know what to think, all I know is that we need to win some games, and if that means putting all of our eggs in one basket (what a mighty basket we have Rolling Eyes ) then, so be it. That's all we have right now. Until we get what we need, there isn't much of a choice in the matter. Am I wrong?

11Big 3 back together Empty Re: Big 3 back together Mon Nov 17, 2008 11:56 am

SensGirl11

SensGirl11
Mod
Mod

Oh yeah, and Vermette as well as Schuby should've both been demoted to the press box. Smith could use a little time up there too to better his game.

12Big 3 back together Empty Re: Big 3 back together Mon Nov 17, 2008 12:02 pm

mattshock

mattshock
Veteran
Veteran

If we're live or die by this line, well, apparently we're just die without it.

Hopefully he doesn't pull a Paddock and play Alfie 30 minutes a night.

13Big 3 back together Empty Re: Big 3 back together Mon Nov 17, 2008 12:14 pm

rooneypoo

rooneypoo
All-Star
All-Star

mattshock wrote:That fourth line is only a fourth line in name. It looks more like a second or third by the personnel on it. Hopefully they get the least minutes of any line to really make it felt.

I second that, heartily. I think that's just a mis-fact or mis-statement from the original story. Donovan has been getting 5 minutes a night all year. That McAmmond - Zubov - Donovan will be the real 4th line tonight -- which is kinda too bad. I was really expecting to see Zubov with Fisher and Winchester, and not on the 4th line.

14Big 3 back together Empty Re: Big 3 back together Mon Nov 17, 2008 12:16 pm

smash88

smash88
Veteran
Veteran

SensGirl11 wrote:The big line has been reunited!!!! It was much needed and I'm surprised he didn't do it sooner.

Let's hope this means a big W for us tonight, we need it badly!

EDIT: Auld will also be in nets. Vermette has been demoted to the 4th line.

http://www.ottawasun.com/Sports/Senators/2008/11/17/7438996.html

Finally!

15Big 3 back together Empty Re: Big 3 back together Mon Nov 17, 2008 12:19 pm

mattshock

mattshock
Veteran
Veteran

rooneypoo wrote:
mattshock wrote:That fourth line is only a fourth line in name. It looks more like a second or third by the personnel on it. Hopefully they get the least minutes of any line to really make it felt.

I second that, heartily. I think that's just a mis-fact or mis-statement from the original story. Donovan has been getting 5 minutes a night all year. That McAmmond - Zubov - Donovan will be the real 4th line tonight -- which is kinda too bad. I was really expecting to see Zubov with Fisher and Winchester, and not on the 4th line.

Unless he's trying to "send the message" by giving Donovan and MacDaddy more time and taking it away from Vermette.

If that's the case, it's being lost on me as Kelly and Winch have been fine... Put Vermette in the press box and bring up Z. Smith to round out the Bingo Senators roster.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 3]

Go to page : 1, 2, 3  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum