GM Hockey
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
GM Hockey

You are not connected. Please login or register

Big 3 back together

+7
smash88
rooneypoo
Cap'n Clutch
mattshock
shabbs
PKC
SensGirl11
11 posters

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

Go down  Message [Page 2 of 3]

16Big 3 back together - Page 2 Empty Re: Big 3 back together Mon Nov 17, 2008 12:14 pm

rooneypoo

All-Star
All-Star

mattshock wrote:That fourth line is only a fourth line in name. It looks more like a second or third by the personnel on it. Hopefully they get the least minutes of any line to really make it felt.

I second that, heartily. I think that's just a mis-fact or mis-statement from the original story. Donovan has been getting 5 minutes a night all year. That McAmmond - Zubov - Donovan will be the real 4th line tonight -- which is kinda too bad. I was really expecting to see Zubov with Fisher and Winchester, and not on the 4th line.

17Big 3 back together - Page 2 Empty Re: Big 3 back together Mon Nov 17, 2008 12:16 pm

smash88

Veteran
Veteran

SensGirl11 wrote:The big line has been reunited!!!! It was much needed and I'm surprised he didn't do it sooner.

Let's hope this means a big W for us tonight, we need it badly!

EDIT: Auld will also be in nets. Vermette has been demoted to the 4th line.

http://www.ottawasun.com/Sports/Senators/2008/11/17/7438996.html

Finally!

18Big 3 back together - Page 2 Empty Re: Big 3 back together Mon Nov 17, 2008 12:19 pm

mattshock

Veteran
Veteran

rooneypoo wrote:
mattshock wrote:That fourth line is only a fourth line in name. It looks more like a second or third by the personnel on it. Hopefully they get the least minutes of any line to really make it felt.

I second that, heartily. I think that's just a mis-fact or mis-statement from the original story. Donovan has been getting 5 minutes a night all year. That McAmmond - Zubov - Donovan will be the real 4th line tonight -- which is kinda too bad. I was really expecting to see Zubov with Fisher and Winchester, and not on the 4th line.

Unless he's trying to "send the message" by giving Donovan and MacDaddy more time and taking it away from Vermette.

If that's the case, it's being lost on me as Kelly and Winch have been fine... Put Vermette in the press box and bring up Z. Smith to round out the Bingo Senators roster.

19Big 3 back together - Page 2 Empty Re: Big 3 back together Mon Nov 17, 2008 1:32 pm

wprager

wprager
Administrator
Administrator

Cap'n Clutch wrote:This move smacks of desperation. Also teaches Spezza he can always get what he wants if he sulks enough.

Don't confuse sucking with sulking. Spezza is not the problem or the answer. He's just one of many that are not living up to expectations, and that includes pretty much everyone not named Auld or Kuba.

20Big 3 back together - Page 2 Empty Re: Big 3 back together Mon Nov 17, 2008 1:33 pm

COLLAR UP

COLLAR UP
Rookie
Rookie

word on the street...lol...the Buzz street...is that changes may be coming in Columbus...

How 'bout...Spez for Nash...

21Big 3 back together - Page 2 Empty Re: Big 3 back together Mon Nov 17, 2008 1:35 pm

wprager

wprager
Administrator
Administrator

COLLAR UP wrote:word on the street...lol...the Buzz street...is that changes may be coming in Columbus...

How 'bout...Spez for Nash...

If Hitch is fired first, maybe. I don't think Spezza exactly enthralled him at the Worlds.

22Big 3 back together - Page 2 Empty Re: Big 3 back together Mon Nov 17, 2008 1:44 pm

mattshock

mattshock
Veteran
Veteran

That would leave us thin up the middle.

23Big 3 back together - Page 2 Empty Re: Big 3 back together Mon Nov 17, 2008 1:53 pm

COLLAR UP

COLLAR UP
Rookie
Rookie

mattshock wrote:That would leave us thin up the middle.

It would...except are we not thin already with Spezza barley playing hockey??

Go get Nylander...Foppa...Sundin...I dunno...Foligno is a natural centre...give him a go...

Nash and Heatley would be wicked fun!!...but you are right we need someone to centre the 2...

24Big 3 back together - Page 2 Empty Re: Big 3 back together Mon Nov 17, 2008 2:08 pm

mattshock

mattshock
Veteran
Veteran

Foppa and Sundin aren't the answer moving forwards, and I don't think anyone really believes Foligno would be a good fit between Nash and Heatley (come on now!).

I still maintain the only scenario in which we deal Spezza is to IMPROVE our depth at center. Spezza + for Getzlaf and we're laughing, but that won't happen.

25Big 3 back together - Page 2 Empty Re: Big 3 back together Mon Nov 17, 2008 2:30 pm

COLLAR UP

COLLAR UP
Rookie
Rookie

mattshock wrote:Foppa and Sundin aren't the answer moving forwards, and I don't think anyone really believes Foligno would be a good fit between Nash and Heatley (come on now!).

I still maintain the only scenario in which we deal Spezza is to IMPROVE our depth at center. Spezza + for Getzlaf and we're laughing, but that won't happen.

Personally...I think Foligno would be great up the middle...but who knows...

for sure Sundin and Foppa are not the answer moving forward...but there must be something...

as much as I like Spez...Nash would look pretty damn good...

I just wish Spez would grow up...and quick!!

26Big 3 back together - Page 2 Empty Re: Big 3 back together Mon Nov 17, 2008 2:35 pm

COLLAR UP wrote:
mattshock wrote:That would leave us thin up the middle.

It would...except are we not thin already with Spezza barley playing hockey??

Go get Nylander...Foppa...Sundin...I dunno...Foligno is a natural centre...give him a go...

Nash and Heatley would be wicked fun!!...but you are right we need someone to centre the 2...

Vermette. he will win the faceoff and let those 2 go bizerk. Or even Fisher, hes the watered down version of Getzlaf.

27Big 3 back together - Page 2 Empty Re: Big 3 back together Mon Nov 17, 2008 2:37 pm

shabbs

shabbs
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer

I guess it all depends on how they want to fix our issues going forward. Fix everything (ie: major overhaul) or fix the D and see if the forwards get back to their scoring ways or bring in some more fire-power to over compensate for our soft D.

Personally, I think they need to address the D and the rest will fall into place. But who knows.

28Big 3 back together - Page 2 Empty Re: Big 3 back together Mon Nov 17, 2008 2:51 pm

SensGirl11

SensGirl11
Mod
Mod

I wonder who even wants to come play for our loser team right now.

29Big 3 back together - Page 2 Empty Re: Big 3 back together Mon Nov 17, 2008 2:51 pm

mattshock

mattshock
Veteran
Veteran

Fisher is in NO WAY SHAPE OR FORM a 'watered down version of Getzlaf'. You cannot compare the two. Fisher is an excellent third line energy crash-bang forward. Getzlaf is arguably one of the top centermen in the league.

Fisher is certainly not known for his ability to distribute the puck...

30Big 3 back together - Page 2 Empty Re: Big 3 back together Mon Nov 17, 2008 4:41 pm

PKC

PKC
All-Star
All-Star

Yeah Fisher is a 'natural' winger who for some unknown reason insists on being a center.

I still think if we can make a move for Bouwmeester, that should be our priority, and then see from there where we need to go.

31Big 3 back together - Page 2 Empty Re: Big 3 back together Mon Nov 17, 2008 4:43 pm

PTFlea

PTFlea
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

PKC wrote:Yeah Fisher is a 'natural' winger who for some unknown reason insists on being a center.

I still think if we can make a move for Bouwmeester, that should be our priority, and then see from there where we need to go.

I"m curious why Harts hasn't just bit the bullet and PUT him on wing. Diddle you man, you suck right now, go out there and be Brendan Morrow. Hurry up!

32Big 3 back together - Page 2 Empty Re: Big 3 back together Mon Nov 17, 2008 4:44 pm

PKC

PKC
All-Star
All-Star

I wish the Ottawa Senators would hire on Anderson Silva to be in charge of 'personnel management'. If anyone gets out of line, he reserves the right to kick the Dung out of them, and throw on a flying arm-bar as he sees fit.

33Big 3 back together - Page 2 Empty Re: Big 3 back together Mon Nov 17, 2008 4:53 pm

bahahaha

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 2 of 3]

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum