GM Hockey
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
GM Hockey

You are not connected. Please login or register

What's Next For The Senators?

+34
jawal
smash88
Mojo
ddt
Cronie
caissie_1
Sp00nz
The Silfer Server
andyman998
beerandsens
Hayden
TheAvatar
strachattack
SensFan71
Flo The Action
rooneypoo
jamvan
SensGirl11
TeamRenzo
Acrobat
Phoenix30
Hockeyhero22000
asq2
mattshock
Riprock
dennycrane
SeawaySensFan
Cap'n Clutch
PKC
wprager
shabbs
PTFlea
LeCaptain
davetherave
38 posters

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 34 ... 67  Next

Go down  Message [Page 2 of 67]

16What's Next For The Senators? - Page 2 Empty Re: What's Next For The Senators? Wed May 06, 2009 1:34 pm

PTFlea

Co-Founder
Co-Founder

wprager wrote:I don't understand his ratings poitns for the players. Are they explained anywhere?

All I could find was:

Player rankings are based on statistical production and are intended to value the impact a player has on the game.

17What's Next For The Senators? - Page 2 Empty Re: What's Next For The Senators? Wed May 06, 2009 6:31 pm

PKC

All-Star
All-Star

wprager wrote:I don't understand his ratings poitns for the players. Are they explained anywhere?

From what I understand from the point system, it's just a simple equation with several variables that include current production, previous production, and several key statistical categories.

18What's Next For The Senators? - Page 2 Empty Re: What's Next For The Senators? Wed May 06, 2009 6:46 pm

wprager

Administrator
Administrator

PKC wrote:

From what I understand from the point system, it's just a simple equation with several variables that include current production, previous production, and several key statistical categories.

Then how are Fisher's numbers so high? Is "Hot Celebrity Girlfriend" part of the formula?

19What's Next For The Senators? - Page 2 Empty Re: What's Next For The Senators? Wed May 06, 2009 8:08 pm

PKC

PKC
All-Star
All-Star

wprager wrote:
PKC wrote:

Then how are Fisher's numbers so high? Is "Hot Celebrity Girlfriend" part of the formula?

If not, it should be.

20What's Next For The Senators? - Page 2 Empty Re: What's Next For The Senators? Wed May 06, 2009 8:43 pm

PKC wrote:
wprager wrote:
PKC wrote:

If not, it should be.

Cheers

21What's Next For The Senators? - Page 2 Empty Re: What's Next For The Senators? Thu May 07, 2009 7:53 am

Cap'n Clutch

Cap'n Clutch
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

I personally refuse to get into the arguements that the Sens did better because the pressure was off and that they only performed under Clouston because they didn't want to be labelled as uncoachable. I will personally look at the cold hard statistics. Under Clouston they were an above 500 team so I expect that next season even if NO moves are made. If the team stays as is then they will struggle and be scrapping it out for 8th assuming NO one on the team improves from last year. It is highly unlikely that their won't be some changes not only in personnel but in performance of the current roster as well but there it is. That's my opinion.

- Unknown Author

22What's Next For The Senators? - Page 2 Empty Re: What's Next For The Senators? Thu May 07, 2009 11:18 am

504Heater wrote:
shabbs wrote:Scott Cullen's off-season game plan for the Sens:

http://www.tsn.ca/columnists/scott_cullen/?id=277695

Really well written article. It's worth reading for Sens fans.

I'm amazed at how on point his analysis is... If he does that for all 30 teams, thats pretty incredible!

23What's Next For The Senators? - Page 2 Empty Re: What's Next For The Senators? Thu May 07, 2009 11:34 am

PKC

PKC
All-Star
All-Star

Cap'n Clutch wrote:I personally refuse to get into the arguements that the Sens did better because the pressure was off and that they only performed under Clouston because they didn't want to be labelled as uncoachable. I will personally look at the cold hard statistics. Under Clouston they were an above 500 team so I expect that next season even if NO moves are made. If the team stays as is then they will struggle and be scrapping it out for 8th assuming NO one on the team improves from last year. It is highly unlikely that their won't be some changes not only in personnel but in performance of the current roster as well but there it is. That's my opinion.

At the pace they were winning under Clouston, they'd be fighting for a spot in the top 4 of the conference, somewhere in the 48-50 win range.

24What's Next For The Senators? - Page 2 Empty Re: What's Next For The Senators? Thu May 07, 2009 11:58 am

I think Clouston earned his contract but Im not convinced that it will trnaslate into an entire year of hard working hockey... still the same players we have had the last 2 years. We'll see.

25What's Next For The Senators? - Page 2 Empty Re: What's Next For The Senators? Thu May 07, 2009 12:08 pm

SeawaySensFan

SeawaySensFan
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

Neely4Life wrote:I think Clouston earned his contract but Im not convinced that it will trnaslate into an entire year of hard working hockey... still the same players we have had the last 2 years. We'll see.

Lucky for us, I don't think Clouston's success as a coach was entirely predicated on hard work from the players.

26What's Next For The Senators? - Page 2 Empty Re: What's Next For The Senators? Thu May 07, 2009 12:13 pm

Hahaha, touche!

27What's Next For The Senators? - Page 2 Empty Re: What's Next For The Senators? Thu May 07, 2009 12:37 pm

PTFlea

PTFlea
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

cash wrote:
I'm amazed at how on point his analysis is... If he does that for all 30 teams, thats pretty incredible!

Me too. That's a pretty damn good job. Which one of our members is Scott Cullen? Sarcasm

28What's Next For The Senators? - Page 2 Empty Re: What's Next For The Senators? Sat May 09, 2009 8:42 pm

davetherave

davetherave
All-Star
All-Star

The Sens need a player who can bring it every night.

This player is available.

What's Next For The Senators? - Page 2 28081_10

PS thanks to Prager for his sage advice and scouting acumen...Prags KNOWS talent.

29What's Next For The Senators? - Page 2 Empty Re: What's Next For The Senators? Sat May 09, 2009 9:07 pm

shabbs

shabbs
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer

Ok, enough of the Shania...

30What's Next For The Senators? - Page 2 Empty Re: What's Next For The Senators? Sat May 09, 2009 9:11 pm

davetherave

davetherave
All-Star
All-Star

shabbs wrote:Ok, enough of the Shania...

You mean you wouldn't trade Spezza for her? Wink

31What's Next For The Senators? - Page 2 Empty Re: What's Next For The Senators? Sat May 09, 2009 9:42 pm

dennycrane

dennycrane
Veteran
Veteran

Don't forget that the Sens have had months-long stretches where they have underachieved for the last THREE years. Did everyone forget the Fire Muckler and Fire Murray web sites during the year the team made it to the final?

Trade one of Heatley or Spezza. Shake up the core.

32What's Next For The Senators? - Page 2 Empty Re: What's Next For The Senators? Sun May 10, 2009 10:59 am

Riprock

Riprock
All-Star
All-Star

I would keep Spezza over Heatley. And there's a short list of players I'd want, but the whole scenario is unlikely, cause Heatley's in control of his destiny.

- Rick Nash
- Dustin Brown
- Nathan Horton
- Zach Parise
- Brendan Morrow
- Ilya Kovalchuk

33What's Next For The Senators? - Page 2 Empty Re: What's Next For The Senators? Sun May 10, 2009 12:39 pm

mattshock

mattshock
Veteran
Veteran

Dash wrote:I would keep Spezza over Heatley. And there's a short list of players I'd want, but the whole scenario is unlikely, cause Heatley's in control of his destiny.

- Rick Nash
- Dustin Brown
- Nathan Horton
- Zach Parise
- Brendan Morrow
- Ilya Kovalchuk

Some good names in there. You could make some trade proposals, but some of those guys are sure not 1:1 trades for Heater or Spezz.

I'd add Getzlaf to that list. Love that guy.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 2 of 67]

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 34 ... 67  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum