GM Hockey
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
GM Hockey

You are not connected. Please login or register

What's Next For The Senators?

+34
jawal
smash88
Mojo
ddt
Cronie
caissie_1
Sp00nz
The Silfer Server
andyman998
beerandsens
Hayden
TheAvatar
strachattack
SensFan71
Flo The Action
rooneypoo
jamvan
SensGirl11
TeamRenzo
Acrobat
Phoenix30
Hockeyhero22000
asq2
mattshock
Riprock
dennycrane
SeawaySensFan
Cap'n Clutch
PKC
wprager
shabbs
PTFlea
LeCaptain
davetherave
38 posters

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4 ... 35 ... 67  Next

Go down  Message [Page 3 of 67]

31What's Next For The Senators? - Page 3 Empty Re: What's Next For The Senators? Sat May 09, 2009 9:42 pm

dennycrane

Veteran
Veteran

Don't forget that the Sens have had months-long stretches where they have underachieved for the last THREE years. Did everyone forget the Fire Muckler and Fire Murray web sites during the year the team made it to the final?

Trade one of Heatley or Spezza. Shake up the core.

32What's Next For The Senators? - Page 3 Empty Re: What's Next For The Senators? Sun May 10, 2009 10:59 am

Riprock

All-Star
All-Star

I would keep Spezza over Heatley. And there's a short list of players I'd want, but the whole scenario is unlikely, cause Heatley's in control of his destiny.

- Rick Nash
- Dustin Brown
- Nathan Horton
- Zach Parise
- Brendan Morrow
- Ilya Kovalchuk

33What's Next For The Senators? - Page 3 Empty Re: What's Next For The Senators? Sun May 10, 2009 12:39 pm

mattshock

Veteran
Veteran

Dash wrote:I would keep Spezza over Heatley. And there's a short list of players I'd want, but the whole scenario is unlikely, cause Heatley's in control of his destiny.

- Rick Nash
- Dustin Brown
- Nathan Horton
- Zach Parise
- Brendan Morrow
- Ilya Kovalchuk

Some good names in there. You could make some trade proposals, but some of those guys are sure not 1:1 trades for Heater or Spezz.

I'd add Getzlaf to that list. Love that guy.

34What's Next For The Senators? - Page 3 Empty Re: What's Next For The Senators? Sun May 10, 2009 12:50 pm

Riprock

Riprock
All-Star
All-Star

If you're trading for Getzlaf, then you're trading Spezza to bring him in to play with Heatley. But no way Anaheim trades him. Would take a Malkin, Crosby Ovechkin to get him.

If you're trading Heatley, you bring in a powerforward like Nash or Morrow, but both are highly improbable as both are captains of their teams, and highly valued, and for the near future cheaper.

35What's Next For The Senators? - Page 3 Empty Re: What's Next For The Senators? Sun May 10, 2009 1:01 pm

mattshock

mattshock
Veteran
Veteran

I didn't say Anaheim was looking to trade him. I just meant he's a high calibre player that I'd love to have on the team to play with Heater. The only way I'd consider trading Spezza would be to upgrade at center, and Getzlaf is an option, in theory (though as stated unlikely) to do that.

36What's Next For The Senators? - Page 3 Empty Re: What's Next For The Senators? Sun May 10, 2009 1:27 pm

mattshock wrote:I didn't say Anaheim was looking to trade him. I just meant he's a high calibre player that I'd love to have on the team to play with Heater. The only way I'd consider trading Spezza would be to upgrade at center, and Getzlaf is an option, in theory (though as stated unlikely) to do that.

Well Crosby is an option too, or Malkin!

37What's Next For The Senators? - Page 3 Empty Re: What's Next For The Senators? Sun May 10, 2009 1:59 pm

asq2

asq2
All-Star
All-Star

With the exception of Horton and maybe Kovalchuk, I don't see any of those guys moving. We're aiming too high. Heatley and Spezza just don't carry the value they used to at present.

38What's Next For The Senators? - Page 3 Empty Re: What's Next For The Senators? Sun May 10, 2009 2:02 pm

asq2 wrote:With the exception of Horton and maybe Kovalchuk, I don't see any of those guys moving. We're aiming too high. Heatley and Spezza just don't carry the value they used to at present.

I would prob just say Horton there, because Kovulchuk is everything to the Thrashers and the second he leaves is the second the Thrashers are completly done as a franchise in Atlanta.

39What's Next For The Senators? - Page 3 Empty Re: What's Next For The Senators? Sun May 10, 2009 2:04 pm

asq2

asq2
All-Star
All-Star

Yeah, but I'm saying Kovalchuk has a decent chance of leaving. Parise, Brown, Getzlaf, Nash, Morrow?

I don't think so. That's three current captains of teams and two future captains.

40What's Next For The Senators? - Page 3 Empty Re: What's Next For The Senators? Sun May 10, 2009 2:06 pm

Well played sir. Brown also now has the best contract in the NHL. 5 years at a little over 3 million... Absolutly unreal.

41What's Next For The Senators? - Page 3 Empty Re: What's Next For The Senators? Sun May 10, 2009 3:10 pm

davetherave

davetherave
All-Star
All-Star

IMHO what should be next for the Senators is (a) figuring out how to draft players who can step into the lineup immediately; (b) figuring out how to trade smart to give the team players who don't cost a fortune while providing consistent competitive desire and toughness; (c) figuring out how to move players who don't deliver and bring in hungry, productive newcomers.

For examples of this, Sens management might want to look at what Anaheim has done since the SCP. The Ducks seem to be doing quite alright for themselves since then.

Ryan, Whitney, Wisniewski, Hiller, Christensen have all added value to the Ducks. No UFA signings there.

42What's Next For The Senators? - Page 3 Empty Re: What's Next For The Senators? Sun May 10, 2009 3:15 pm

Hockeyhero22000

Hockeyhero22000
Veteran
Veteran

i think BM already has a good idea about the draftign thing but he does need to be better in his trading and move the slack players out

43What's Next For The Senators? - Page 3 Empty Re: What's Next For The Senators? Sun May 10, 2009 3:19 pm

davetherave

davetherave
All-Star
All-Star

Hockeyhero22000 wrote:i think BM already has a good idea about the draftign thing but he does need to be better in his trading and move the slack players out

Agreed BM has made some good draft choices but they are not NHL ready...he needs to snag a Drew Doughty type who makes immediate impact.

44What's Next For The Senators? - Page 3 Empty Re: What's Next For The Senators? Sun May 10, 2009 3:21 pm

Hockeyhero22000

Hockeyhero22000
Veteran
Veteran

davetherave wrote:
Hockeyhero22000 wrote:i think BM already has a good idea about the draftign thing but he does need to be better in his trading and move the slack players out

Agreed BM has made some good draft choices but they are not NHL ready...he needs to snag a Drew Doughty type who makes immediate impact.

that is true but it is harder to do when you are drafting in the latter half of the first round most of those players tend to need a little more seasoning then the early ones

45What's Next For The Senators? - Page 3 Empty Re: What's Next For The Senators? Sun May 10, 2009 3:32 pm

davetherave

davetherave
All-Star
All-Star

Hockeyhero22000 wrote:
davetherave wrote:

that is true but it is harder to do when you are drafting in the latter half of the first round most of those players tend to need a little more seasoning then the early ones

Well, BM has a high first round pick this year.

He would have had two first round picks but he traded one for Campoli.

46What's Next For The Senators? - Page 3 Empty Re: What's Next For The Senators? Sun May 10, 2009 3:33 pm

Hockeyhero22000

Hockeyhero22000
Veteran
Veteran

yes he should be able to get an impact player right away and if he manages to trade up it would definitely help

47What's Next For The Senators? - Page 3 Empty Re: What's Next For The Senators? Sun May 10, 2009 3:54 pm

I think BM will be trading down come deadline day because if he cant get the guy he wants early, he may be going after a guy like Kassian. Trade down and pick the guy you want and can make an impact in a short period of time, at the same time grab some draft picks.

Rigth now the Sens are still soft up front, easy to play against, and far too inconsistant. Comrie and Spezza are shinning examples of that softness and inconsistancy.

48What's Next For The Senators? - Page 3 Empty Re: What's Next For The Senators? Sun May 10, 2009 4:14 pm

asq2

asq2
All-Star
All-Star

There are so many better options than Kassian for us. In fact, there are probably even better powerforward options after Schenn and Kane, like Kreider.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 3 of 67]

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4 ... 35 ... 67  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum