GM Hockey
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
GM Hockey

You are not connected. Please login or register

Just when things were looking bleak to the east

+9
LeCaptain
SensFan71
beedub
shabbs
PTFlea
wprager
Cronie
caissie_1
Jordo
13 posters

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next

Go down  Message [Page 2 of 6]

Cronie

Co-Founder
Co-Founder

Well then, could it be Gainey is FREAKING out about last night's loss and wants to help out the team?

Although, if Schneider is playing hurt, you can bet he'll be getting run and gunned ALL night long.

caissie_1

Veteran
Veteran

I have a hard time believing hell play tonigth. If he's not that bad they should give him a little rest cause they will need him in the playoffs. Tonigth's game is an important one but really how much will Scheinder help if he's hurt.

shabbs

Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer

They could limit him to just PP minutes as someone suggested. The article suggests he could play tonight or Thursday vs Boston. I can see them holding him back tonight to see the situation they're in on Thursday.

Cronie

Cronie
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

man, I actually hope we manage to pull out a win tonight against the B's. that way, one could assume all bets are off when they face the Habs...

shabbs

shabbs
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer

SNet Hockeycentral at Noon updates: Schneider is apparently getting a 2nd opinion in NY on his shoulder. Markov's outlook is not as bleak and could be back late in the first round.

Jordo

Jordo
Sophomore
Sophomore

Guys, with this recent turn of events- both the Panthers AND the Rangers could very realistically leapfrog the Habs.

Schedule breakdowns:
Montreal:
@NYR
@Bruins
Pittsburgh

Florida:
@Philly
@Atlanta
Washington

New York
Habs
Philly
@Philly

I would argue that the Habs have the toughest schedule- you know that the Rags are going to come out flying tonight. Boston should beat them handily, and Pittsburgh is definitely on the rise...

I could very easily see Montreal losing all three of these games, if in fact Schneider and Markov are both out.

Which means that if Florida and Rangers can play above 500....

shabbs

shabbs
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer

Jordo wrote:Guys, with this recent turn of events- both the Panthers AND the Rangers could very realistically leapfrog the Habs.

Schedule breakdowns:
Montreal:
@NYR
@Bruins
Pittsburgh

Florida:
@Philly
@Atlanta
Washington

New York
Habs
Philly
@Philly

I would argue that the Habs have the toughest schedule- you know that the Rags are going to come out flying tonight. Boston should beat them handily, and Pittsburgh is definitely on the rise...

I could very easily see Montreal losing all three of these games, if in fact Schneider and Markov are both out.

... then my dream will come true.

HA HA!

It's gonna be a mad mad race to the finish.

Cronie

Cronie
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

ooooh boy!! Nothing like the smell of a collapsing team first thing in the morning!!

This could be a very interesting next few days for SURE!!

beedub

beedub
Veteran
Veteran

shabbs wrote:
Jordo wrote:Guys, with this recent turn of events- both the Panthers AND the Rangers could very realistically leapfrog the Habs.

Schedule breakdowns:
Montreal:
@NYR
@Bruins
Pittsburgh

Florida:
@Philly
@Atlanta
Washington

New York
Habs
Philly
@Philly

HA HA!

Sometimes, when key players go down, others step up their games. I would not be so quick to count Montreal out.

Personally, I believe they will handle the Rangers tonight, and clinch. They may let off the gas against Boston if they clinch tonight

SensFan71

All-Star
All-Star

beedub wrote:
shabbs wrote:

Schedule breakdowns:
Montreal:
@NYR
@Bruins
Pittsburgh

Florida:
@Philly
@Atlanta
Washington

New York
Habs
Philly
@Philly

HA HA!

Sometimes, when key players go down, others step up their games. I would not be so quick to count Montreal out.

Personally, I believe they will handle the Rangers tonight, and clinch. They may let off the gas against Boston if they clinch tonight

if they couldn't handle Ottawa, the Rags will give them all they can handle, especially since I am sure Torts is firing them up good for this one.

LeCaptain

LeCaptain
All-Star
All-Star

TBH, Ottawa played a very physical game last night, and Clouston outplayed Gainey for about 60 min. Kovalev and Koivu were still rpetty dangerous, and Tanguay had an off night. I think if Plekanec wakes up, they will make it.

On another note, Corus sports is pretty legit, its basically the Team 1200 of the Habs.

Cap'n Clutch

Cap'n Clutch
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

Habs lost to the Rags but the Panthers lost as well. I hate to say it but the Habs are going to back in despite themselves.

- Unknown Author

Cronie

Cronie
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

You're probably right Clutch; unless Florida goes on a tear for the next 2-3 games and Montreal stays Status Quo?

davetherave

davetherave
All-Star
All-Star

The Panthers HAVE to win against Atlanta...to even have a chance.

Then they have to pray Montreal and the Rangers lose both their games.

Even then they also basically need to beat Washington.

If the Habs get a point and the Rangers sneak past the Flyers in one of their two games, the Cats are done.

Cronie

Cronie
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

boys oh boys, if the Cats fail to make the post-season, I guess they'll NEVER know how J-Bow performs... a shame really.

davetherave

davetherave
All-Star
All-Star

Cronie wrote:boys oh boys, if the Cats fail to make the post-season, I guess they'll NEVER know how J-Bow performs... a shame really.

Cronie, my friend, IMHO the Cats know exactly how Jay performs...

Watching the Panthers' last two games will tell you how much he's really worth. Nothing like a desperate situation to reveal the true character of players.

What a finish to this season...I love it!
:D:

Cronie wrote:That certainly has to hurt. Perhaps the Habs will rise above it and still put up a decent fight; but let's face it, that's got to be a painful blow to their confidence; not to mention last night's loss doesn't help either I'm sure.

Oh, speaking of which, let that be a lesson to all the arrogant and beligerent Hab fans out there: don't start chanting OLE OLE OLE when there's 10 mins left in the 3rd...because it COULD be premature... Just sayin'...

I'll settle for them learning not to chant OLE OLE when there's 10 minutes gone in the 1st....
or when they're down by a goal....
Shrug

Cronie

Cronie
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

davetherave wrote:
Cronie wrote:boys oh boys, if the Cats fail to make the post-season, I guess they'll NEVER know how J-Bow performs... a shame really.

Cronie, my friend, IMHO the Cats know exactly how Jay performs...

Watching the Panthers' last two games will tell you how much he's really worth. Nothing like a desperate situation to reveal the true character of players.

What a finish to this season...I love it!
:D:

Once again, excellent point.

Am I the only one that thinks there's a possibility that J Bow is overrated? I'm not saying he is, just that I've got a sneaky suspicion he could take a while to impress, rather than being a total bust that is.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 2 of 6]

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum