GM Hockey
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
GM Hockey

You are not connected. Please login or register

Comrie Likely to miss tonight due to flu

3 posters

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1Comrie Likely to miss tonight due to flu Empty Comrie Likely to miss tonight due to flu Tue Mar 17, 2009 3:09 pm

SensGirl11

SensGirl11
Mod
Mod

I know it doesn't really matter, because of our position in the standings, but this sucks. He's been one of our better players of late and he adds so much to games.

He'll be a big piece of the puzzle missing tonight for us if he misses this game.

I think our guys can still pull out this win tonight without him.

Mike Comrie will have to conquer a bout with the flu if he’s going to be in the lineup tonight against the Buffalo Sabres.

The Senators winger was unable to take part in this today’s game-day skate at Scotiabank Place.

“He’s feeling a little better this morning,” coach Cory Clouston said of Comrie, who scored the shootout winner Saturday in Pittsburgh. “If he keeps going in the right direction, he’ll be fine.”

If not, the Senators are going to have to do some juggling.

“It definitely affects our lines,” said Clouston, who has planned to use Comrie with Mike Fisher and Daniel Alfredsson, while Jason Spezza centres Dany Heatley and Ryan Shannon on the other scoring line.

Either way, the Senators will not be firing at Buffalo’s Patrick Lalime tonight. After making nine starts in a row, the former Ottawa goalie is getting a break from Sabres coach Lindy Ruff. Ex-Toronto Maple Leaf Mikael Tellqvist will work the pipes for Buffalo.

“We expect a solid effort from him,” said Ruff. “Patty had been playing so well, but I made the decision four days ago to give him a rest.”
The Sabres are currently in 10th place, three points out of a playoff spot.

Clinging to their own long odds to sneak into the post-season, the Senators have won four in a row at home and five of their last six.

Tonight’s game is on Sportsnet at 7:30 p.m.
Ottawa Sun

SensFan71

All-Star
All-Star

dang, he was hitting his stride with the Sens, hopefully he will be able to play, either way, we will give Buffalo a good run I am sure like all season, rather lose to them in a competitive game as that would help knock Montreal out, provided they don't win, will be cheering for the Rangers tonight. any more word on Comrie signing in Ottawa lately? Murray will probably leave that business to the off season I am certain.

SensGirl11

SensGirl11
Mod
Mod

SensFan71 wrote:dang, he was hitting his stride with the Sens, hopefully he will be able to play, either way, we will give Buffalo a good run I am sure like all season, rather lose to them in a competitive game as that would help knock Montreal out, provided they don't win, will be cheering for the Rangers tonight. any more word on Comrie signing in Ottawa lately? Murray will probably leave that business to the off season I am certain.

I didn't realize that Buffalo were in 10th. I thought they were closer to a spot than that.

I was hoping we would hear about Comrie signing any day now...doesn't look like word is coming any time soon. I hope he does it soon though.

SensFan71

All-Star
All-Star

SensGirl11 wrote:
SensFan71 wrote:dang, he was hitting his stride with the Sens, hopefully he will be able to play, either way, we will give Buffalo a good run I am sure like all season, rather lose to them in a competitive game as that would help knock Montreal out, provided they don't win, will be cheering for the Rangers tonight. any more word on Comrie signing in Ottawa lately? Murray will probably leave that business to the off season I am certain.

I didn't realize that Buffalo were in 10th. I thought they were closer to a spot than that.

I was hoping we would hear about Comrie signing any day now...doesn't look like word is coming any time soon. I hope he does it soon though.

well if you go with the gossip, actually I might have heard it around here as I don't personally watch e-talk canada, but it did say something about hilary duff buying a house in Ottawa? if that is true, that definitely has intrigue eh? hopefully a neil signing would follow suit, at around 1.7 like Cronie wants lol. (4 or 5 year extension is fine)

SensGirl11

SensGirl11
Mod
Mod

SensFan71 wrote:
SensGirl11 wrote:

well if you go with the gossip, actually I might have heard it around here as I don't personally watch e-talk canada, but it did say something about hilary duff buying a house in Ottawa? if that is true, that definitely has intrigue eh? hopefully a neil signing would follow suit, at around 1.7 like Cronie wants lol. (4 or 5 year extension is fine)

I did hear about Hilary Duff moving to Ottawa, I didn't however, hear about her actually buying a house here. That would add more fuel to the fire. I do have a feeling that he is staying though for sure.

Neil at 1.7 I could probably deal with that...it still seems like a bit much to me though, is that bad?

SensFan71

All-Star
All-Star

SensGirl11 wrote:
SensFan71 wrote:
SensGirl11 wrote:

I did hear about Hilary Duff moving to Ottawa, I didn't however, hear about her actually buying a house here. That would add more fuel to the fire. I do have a feeling that he is staying though for sure.

Neil at 1.7 I could probably deal with that...it still seems like a bit much to me though, is that bad?

well I hope it does add fuel to the fire, I really didn't want Comrie to leave when he did. he obviously loves it here (i think/hope)

are you bad for wanting less than that for neil, no, we are all a bit panicked I think about the cap coming down due to the economic uncertainty, wanting players to take a big hometown discount if they truly love here is not a bad thing. Kuba did it from what we are told (overrode his agent too, if that is true, he has my upmost respect), am hoping A-Train will do it too.

davetherave

davetherave
All-Star
All-Star

This flu has ripped through the NHL...I caught it back in mid-November and it knocked me out for close to eight weeks.

:pale:

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum