GM Hockey
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
GM Hockey

You are not connected. Please login or register

Kelly or Comrie

+12
Mojo
Hoags
Cap'n Clutch
SensGirl11
jamvan
The Silfer Server
Jordo
PKC
SeawaySensFan
PTFlea
TheAvatar
16 posters

Go to page : 1, 2, 3  Next

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 3]

1Kelly or Comrie Empty Kelly or Comrie Tue Jul 21, 2009 1:11 pm

Sophomore
Sophomore

Can someone please explain to me why we have not signed Comrie and dumped Kelly for a second or third round pick???

Kelly 28 years old, 48 goals, 121 pts.

Comrie 28 years old, 154 goals, 334 pts.

Comrie is more physical and both are good defensively.
Comrie has 3 times the goals and points.
Comrie would sign for Kelly's money or less, Kelly would get us a pick-win,win.

I just don't get it.

The game is tied, 10 seconds left, on a breakaway......... Comrie or Kelly, who do you want.

2Kelly or Comrie Empty Re: Kelly or Comrie Tue Jul 21, 2009 1:14 pm

TheAvatar

TheAvatar
Veteran
Veteran

Again with the Kelly hatred (not you directly but I see it all the time here). The game's probably tied because of Kelly's work on the PK in the first place ...

3Kelly or Comrie Empty Re: Kelly or Comrie Tue Jul 21, 2009 1:15 pm

PTFlea

PTFlea
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

I think there's a major difference personally. Kelly is a defensive wizard - in that he has such a high hockey IQ that he can cut off passes, negate plays etc. before they happen. If the game is tied, you don't necessarily want Kelly coming in on a breakaway, but at the same time, you probably would feel safer with him on the ice as opposed to Comrie.

Kelly is much more physical than Comrie as well. He might not score a lot, but he does a lot of the little things well, hits, nudges, stick checks, stick in the passing lane etc.

Now...someone like Winchester or Moen and I'm interested in who's better (Kelly over both I would imagine), but that's more the style of player that is a comparison.

EDIT: And Kelly's a real leader. Not a fraud like Heatley for example, a blue collar leader, vocal in the room apparently and vocal on the bench.

4Kelly or Comrie Empty Re: Kelly or Comrie Tue Jul 21, 2009 1:27 pm

SeawaySensFan

SeawaySensFan
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

I think we have an overabundance of forwards already. Particularly in supporting, niche roles.

I say neither.

5Kelly or Comrie Empty Re: Kelly or Comrie Tue Jul 21, 2009 1:30 pm

PKC

PKC
All-Star
All-Star

111519 wrote:Can someone please explain to me why we have not signed Comrie and dumped Kelly for a second or third round pick???

Kelly 28 years old, 48 goals, 121 pts.

Comrie 28 years old, 154 goals, 334 pts.

Comrie is more physical and both are good defensively.
Comrie has 3 times the goals and points.
Comrie would sign for Kelly's money or less, Kelly would get us a pick-win,win.

I just don't get it.

The game is tied, 10 seconds left, on a breakaway......... Comrie or Kelly, who do you want.

The game is tied, 10 seconds left, the Sens are on the penalty kill..........Comrie or Kelly, who do you want?

6Kelly or Comrie Empty Re: Kelly or Comrie Tue Jul 21, 2009 1:39 pm

Jordo

Jordo
Sophomore
Sophomore

PKC wrote:
The game is tied, 10 seconds left, the Sens are on the penalty kill..........Comrie or Kelly, who do you want?

SUCH a good response.

Im starting to hate the casual Sens fans who really don't understand the different dynamics of a team. The ones who are so willing to throw away a guy like Kelly for next to nothing. He plays a crucial role on this team, which so many people overlook- but I feel like I'm a broken record on this subject- it seems like we talk about it every day.

7Kelly or Comrie Empty Re: Kelly or Comrie Tue Jul 21, 2009 1:54 pm

The Silfer Server

The Silfer Server
Veteran
Veteran

My answer to both scenarios is Vermette!!! I miss that little guy... Crying

8Kelly or Comrie Empty Re: Kelly or Comrie Tue Jul 21, 2009 1:57 pm

PKC

PKC
All-Star
All-Star

Jordo wrote:
PKC wrote:

SUCH a good response.

Im starting to hate the casual Sens fans who really don't understand the different dynamics of a team. The ones who are so willing to throw away a guy like Kelly for next to nothing. He plays a crucial role on this team, which so many people overlook- but I feel like I'm a broken record on this subject- it seems like we talk about it every day.

I'm with you man. You can't have twelve forwards who all just think offense. The teams that win cups are always the ones who add players with special skill sets at the deadline...not usually the ones who add 80+ point forwards to their roster.

Chris Kelly is a guy you need on your team to win championships in my opinion. Does he make too much money? No not really. What's he overpaid by? Like 100-250,000? That's nothing. That's easily the price of keeping a guy like him on your team.

You're right Jordo, it's amazing how some fans just choose to neglect the other aspects of the game not involving scoring goals.

9Kelly or Comrie Empty Re: Kelly or Comrie Tue Jul 21, 2009 1:58 pm

jamvan

jamvan
Veteran
Veteran

Kelly....hands down.

10Kelly or Comrie Empty Re: Kelly or Comrie Tue Jul 21, 2009 2:02 pm

SensGirl11

SensGirl11
Mod
Mod

Meh... :KJK:

I've always liked Comrie. But after last season, I lost some love for him, he's just not the same player anymore. I'll take him for no more than $1M.

Kelly is a great team guy and he is one of the smartest hockey players in the league, period.

I am happy we have him, but I wouldn't cry if he left. He makes too much money, IMO. But, he's a great guy to have on your team, for maybe 1.5M.

11Kelly or Comrie Empty Re: Kelly or Comrie Tue Jul 21, 2009 2:03 pm

SeawaySensFan

SeawaySensFan
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

Jordo wrote:
PKC wrote:

SUCH a good response.

This particular dynamic can be replaced at a fraction of the cost and/or from within the existing roster.

Most hardcore Sens fans are still hungover from the lean years when the Pitlicks, Cunneyworths, VanAllens and other hard-hat-and-lunchpail types were our stars.

The team has evolved and some of us fans have as well. Doesn't mean we don't understand the "dynamics of a team".

12Kelly or Comrie Empty Re: Kelly or Comrie Tue Jul 21, 2009 2:15 pm

PTFlea

PTFlea
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

SensGirl11 wrote:Meh... :KJK:

I've always liked Comrie. But after last season, I lost some love for him, he's just not the same player anymore. I'll take him for no more than $1M.

Kelly is a great team guy and he is one of the smartest hockey players in the league, period.

I am happy we have him, but I wouldn't cry if he left. He makes too much money, IMO. But, he's a great guy to have on your team, for maybe 1.5M.

Yeah, I don't buy into the whole 'he's invaluable, an asset, amazing, people don't get it'. Yes, I do get it. He's a good worker, a blue collar, hard working, high hockey IQ leader. These days if you don't score 20+ goals, you had better be all of these things or you're gonna end up freezing your arse off in Russia.

I like Chris Kelly, he's the anti-Spezza - and there's nothing wrong with that - but he's overpaid and he's got the most annoying hands of stone. Frustrated2

13Kelly or Comrie Empty Re: Kelly or Comrie Tue Jul 21, 2009 2:20 pm

SensGirl11

SensGirl11
Mod
Mod

SpezDispenser wrote:
SensGirl11 wrote:Meh... :KJK:

Yeah, I don't buy into the whole 'he's invaluable, an asset, amazing, people don't get it'. Yes, I do get it. He's a good worker, a blue collar, hard working, high hockey IQ leader. These days if you don't score 20+ goals, you had better be all of these things or you're gonna end up freezing your arse off in Russia.

I like Chris Kelly, he's the anti-Spezza - and there's nothing wrong with that - but he's overpaid and he's got the most annoying hands of stone. Frustrated2

BREAKAWAY!!!! Oh....it's Kelly. Let's all sit down now. 🇬🇬

14Kelly or Comrie Empty Re: Kelly or Comrie Tue Jul 21, 2009 2:26 pm

Cap'n Clutch

Cap'n Clutch
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

The sad part is Kelly finds himself on breakaways quite often but just can't find the back of the net. Can we give him the Robot Devil's hands?

- Unknown Author

15Kelly or Comrie Empty Re: Kelly or Comrie Tue Jul 21, 2009 2:40 pm

jamvan

jamvan
Veteran
Veteran

Anyone read Speklund's long winded (made up) story on the Heatley saga? He keeps saying it was Murray who leaked it, when it was Smeatley's agents. Anyway, here's an excerted post I found interesting:

"I know a few of heatley's friends and they were telling him he is making a total Donkey of himself. I say "were" because he has stopped taking calls from them and most anybody. He has holed himself up in Kelowna and shut the world out."

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 3]

Go to page : 1, 2, 3  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum