GM Hockey
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
GM Hockey

You are not connected. Please login or register

Kelly or Comrie

+12
Mojo
Hoags
Cap'n Clutch
SensGirl11
jamvan
The Silfer Server
Jordo
PKC
SeawaySensFan
PTFlea
TheAvatar
16 posters

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3

Go down  Message [Page 3 of 3]

31Kelly or Comrie - Page 3 Empty Re: Kelly or Comrie Tue Jul 21, 2009 11:42 pm

dennycrane

Veteran
Veteran

I'd sooner have Mike Sillinger over Kelly. Sillinger is a UFA that would sign for about 1 million.

The reason Kelly hasn't been traded is that 6.75 million is a lot for a "defensive wizard" who finished last year tied for 5th worst in +\- on the team, not counting Comrie and Campoli, who played most of the year with the even-worse NYI. As well, it was often Fisher's line that got the job of going up against the other team's #1 line. Sometimes Kelly was on that line, sometimes he wasn't.

Not to mention 23 points last year represents about a 40% dropoff in offensive production.

I didn't intend this to be anti-Kelly, because I do think he is a good player who had an off year. But he is overpriced, and Mike Comrie at 1.5 would bring better value for the dollar than Kelly at 2.2.

32Kelly or Comrie - Page 3 Empty Re: Kelly or Comrie Tue Jul 21, 2009 11:44 pm

dennycrane

Veteran
Veteran

And then he says that Heatley met with the Oilers, but didn't feel right about them paying his 4 million bonus, he wanted Ottawa to pay it.

What kind of crap is that? Ridiculous.

That had been reported elsewhere, by more legitimate news sources than the mysterious Dwayne and Miss New Jersey.

33Kelly or Comrie - Page 3 Empty Re: Kelly or Comrie Tue Jul 21, 2009 11:53 pm

PTFlea

Co-Founder
Co-Founder

dennycrane wrote:And then he says that Heatley met with the Oilers, but didn't feel right about them paying his 4 million bonus, he wanted Ottawa to pay it.

That had been reported elsewhere, by more legitimate news sources than the mysterious Dwayne and Miss New Jersey.

Really? :^^^^: Too funny then, enjoy your time here Heater.

34Kelly or Comrie - Page 3 Empty Re: Kelly or Comrie Wed Jul 22, 2009 1:11 am

SpezDispenser wrote:
dennycrane wrote:And then he says that Heatley met with the Oilers, but didn't feel right about them paying his 4 million bonus, he wanted Ottawa to pay it.

Really? :^^^^: Too funny then, enjoy your time here Heater.

Eklund proved he knows less about the business of hockey than anyone... OMG WAFR <-- my contribution to the new universe of text shorthand pronounced wafer WAFR = What A Freakin' Retard.

35Kelly or Comrie - Page 3 Empty Re: Kelly or Comrie Wed Jul 22, 2009 7:59 am

Cap'n Clutch

Cap'n Clutch
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

Mojo wrote:
Cap'n Clutch wrote:The sad part is Kelly finds himself on breakaways quite often but just can't find the back of the net. Can we give him the Robot Devil's hands?

That is a beauty reference. On the subject of Futurama, did you hear that Comedy Central has signed on to do 2 13 episode seasons? Great news, but apparently they might not have enough money to pay the original cast...bad news.

Yes I did read that. What I didn't know was that it might not be the original cast which would suck. By the way the mascot for our website (The Fighting Montagoose) is part tribute to Tim Buzz Kilpatrick (Mispronouncing Mongoose as Monagoose) and part Futurama reference - "The Fighting Mongooses. Thats a cool team name." - Phillip J. Fry

If you can tell me the episode it's from I'll truly believe you're a die hard fan.

- Unknown Author

36Kelly or Comrie - Page 3 Empty Re: Kelly or Comrie Wed Jul 22, 2009 8:43 am

rooneypoo

rooneypoo
All-Star
All-Star

111519 wrote:

Am I missing something? I didn't realize we couldn't post on different blogs. I didn't realize i was in a monagamous relationship with you. I didn't think I was committing adultery. Next time I swear I will let you know if I post on two different forums, I swear.

Settle down, dude. I was just having a case of 'what the Diddle, didn't I read this somewhere else 5 minutes ago???' Same with the 'Comrie is rich' thread.

It's summer. I'm already reading the same thing over and over again in search of news. Seeing the exact same stories at different sites is already depressing enough; seeing the exact same posts at different sites makes it even worse. That's all.

It's me, baby, not you. Sarcasm

37Kelly or Comrie - Page 3 Empty Re: Kelly or Comrie Wed Jul 22, 2009 8:56 am

Jordo

Jordo
Sophomore
Sophomore

dennycrane wrote:I'd sooner have Mike Sillinger over Kelly. Sillinger is a UFA that would sign for about 1 million.

The reason Kelly hasn't been traded is that 6.75 million is a lot for a "defensive wizard" who finished last year tied for 5th worst in +\- on the team, not counting Comrie and Campoli, who played most of the year with the even-worse NYI. As well, it was often Fisher's line that got the job of going up against the other team's #1 line. Sometimes Kelly was on that line, sometimes he wasn't.

Not to mention 23 points last year represents about a 40% dropoff in offensive production.

I didn't intend this to be anti-Kelly, because I do think he is a good player who had an off year. But he is overpriced, and Mike Comrie at 1.5 would bring better value for the dollar than Kelly at 2.2.

I disagree for a few reasons.

First, you aren't going to get Comrie for 1.5. The guy made 4 mil last year, he's only 28, and there's a handful of teams that will give him 2.5, I promise you. Even better, he could go play in the KHL, and probably make 4 million illegitimate dollars.

Second, I'm not sure where people look to compare Kelly and Comrie. They're different players. Comrie is SUPPOSED to be a top 6, Kelly is supposed to be a 3rd line centre- which he does very well.

I understand why everyone cries about Kelly's salary, because it's 2mil, and in a cap world, every dollar counts. But you pay for quality, talent and potential too.

Mike Sillinger? You do know that he's 38 right? And fun fact- he's played on more teams than any other player in NHL history. Yeah, he must be a keeper. Let's dish out Kelly for him.

38Kelly or Comrie - Page 3 Empty Re: Kelly or Comrie Wed Jul 22, 2009 9:05 am

SeawaySensFan

SeawaySensFan
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

I agree, Jordo.

Kelly for a 4th and we sign Sillinger to a one-year, 1 million dollar deal.

39Kelly or Comrie - Page 3 Empty Re: Kelly or Comrie Wed Jul 22, 2009 9:13 am

Jordo

Jordo
Sophomore
Sophomore

SeawaySensFan wrote:I agree, Jordo.

Frustrated2 Frustrated2 Frustrated2

40Kelly or Comrie - Page 3 Empty Re: Kelly or Comrie Wed Jul 22, 2009 9:22 am

SeawaySensFan

SeawaySensFan
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

Jordo wrote:
SeawaySensFan wrote:I agree, Jordo.

Frustrated2 Frustrated2 Frustrated2

:^^^^: :^^^^: :^^^^:

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 3 of 3]

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum