GM Hockey
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
GM Hockey

You are not connected. Please login or register

Kelly or Comrie

+12
Mojo
Hoags
Cap'n Clutch
SensGirl11
jamvan
The Silfer Server
Jordo
PKC
SeawaySensFan
PTFlea
TheAvatar
16 posters

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

Go down  Message [Page 2 of 3]

16Kelly or Comrie - Page 2 Empty Re: Kelly or Comrie Tue Jul 21, 2009 2:20 pm

SensGirl11

Mod
Mod

SpezDispenser wrote:
SensGirl11 wrote:Meh... :KJK:

I've always liked Comrie. But after last season, I lost some love for him, he's just not the same player anymore. I'll take him for no more than $1M.

Kelly is a great team guy and he is one of the smartest hockey players in the league, period.

I am happy we have him, but I wouldn't cry if he left. He makes too much money, IMO. But, he's a great guy to have on your team, for maybe 1.5M.

Yeah, I don't buy into the whole 'he's invaluable, an asset, amazing, people don't get it'. Yes, I do get it. He's a good worker, a blue collar, hard working, high hockey IQ leader. These days if you don't score 20+ goals, you had better be all of these things or you're gonna end up freezing your arse off in Russia.

I like Chris Kelly, he's the anti-Spezza - and there's nothing wrong with that - but he's overpaid and he's got the most annoying hands of stone. Frustrated2

BREAKAWAY!!!! Oh....it's Kelly. Let's all sit down now. 🇬🇬

17Kelly or Comrie - Page 2 Empty Re: Kelly or Comrie Tue Jul 21, 2009 2:26 pm

Cap'n Clutch

Co-Founder
Co-Founder

The sad part is Kelly finds himself on breakaways quite often but just can't find the back of the net. Can we give him the Robot Devil's hands?

18Kelly or Comrie - Page 2 Empty Re: Kelly or Comrie Tue Jul 21, 2009 2:40 pm

jamvan

Veteran
Veteran

Anyone read Speklund's long winded (made up) story on the Heatley saga? He keeps saying it was Murray who leaked it, when it was Smeatley's agents. Anyway, here's an excerted post I found interesting:

"I know a few of heatley's friends and they were telling him he is making a total Donkey of himself. I say "were" because he has stopped taking calls from them and most anybody. He has holed himself up in Kelowna and shut the world out."

19Kelly or Comrie - Page 2 Empty Re: Kelly or Comrie Tue Jul 21, 2009 2:46 pm

Hoags

Hoags
All-Star
All-Star

jamvan wrote:Anyone read Speklund's long winded (made up) story on the Heatley saga? He keeps saying it was Murray who leaked it, when it was Smeatley's agents. Anyway, here's an excerted post I found interesting:

"I know a few of heatley's friends and they were telling him he is making a total Donkey of himself. I say "were" because he has stopped taking calls from them and most anybody. He has holed himself up in Kelowna and shut the world out."

Considering that he won't return anyone's calls including Alfie, that's not really anything new.

Jason Spezza is the only who has hinted at any previous knowledge of Heatley wanting out. He stated he wasn't totally surprised by the request, and while he understands Heatley's unhappiness he doesn't totally agree with it.

Which me to sounds like Heatley has taken matters into his own hands requesting the trade, rejecting any attempts to resolve the situation.

20Kelly or Comrie - Page 2 Empty Re: Kelly or Comrie Tue Jul 21, 2009 2:50 pm

Mojo

Mojo
Rookie
Rookie

Cap'n Clutch wrote:The sad part is Kelly finds himself on breakaways quite often but just can't find the back of the net. Can we give him the Robot Devil's hands?

That is a beauty reference. On the subject of Futurama, did you hear that Comedy Central has signed on to do 2 13 episode seasons? Great news, but apparently they might not have enough money to pay the original cast...bad news.

21Kelly or Comrie - Page 2 Empty Re: Kelly or Comrie Tue Jul 21, 2009 2:52 pm

rooneypoo

rooneypoo
All-Star
All-Star

111519 wrote:Can someone please explain to me why we have not signed Comrie and dumped Kelly for a second or third round pick???

Kelly 28 years old, 48 goals, 121 pts.

Comrie 28 years old, 154 goals, 334 pts.

Comrie is more physical and both are good defensively.
Comrie has 3 times the goals and points.
Comrie would sign for Kelly's money or less, Kelly would get us a pick-win,win.

I just don't get it.

The game is tied, 10 seconds left, on a breakaway......... Comrie or Kelly, who do you want.

Double-dipping are we, 111519? Smile Just saying...

From: https://www.blogger.com/comment.g?blogID=4089355686605598997&postID=8807139556502489291&isPopup=true

Comment #7:

Why in the hell have we not dumped Kelly and signed Comrie? I mean we could get a second or third round pick for kelly and Comrie is a wayyyyyy better player.

Kelly 28years old, 0-20 goal seasons.
48 goals, 121 pts.

Comrie 28years old, 4-20 goal seasons.
154 goals, 338 pts.

Am I missing something? I mean with the game tied, 10 seconds left, on a breakaway.......do you want kelly or Comrie.

22Kelly or Comrie - Page 2 Empty Re: Kelly or Comrie Tue Jul 21, 2009 2:54 pm

Mojo

Mojo
Rookie
Rookie

Hoags wrote:
jamvan wrote:Anyone read Speklund's long winded (made up) story on the Heatley saga? He keeps saying it was Murray who leaked it, when it was Smeatley's agents. Anyway, here's an excerted post I found interesting:

Considering that he won't return anyone's calls including Alfie, that's not really anything new.

Jason Spezza is the only who has hinted at any previous knowledge of Heatley wanting out. He stated he wasn't totally surprised by the request, and while he understands Heatley's unhappiness he doesn't totally agree with it.

Which me to sounds like Heatley has taken matters into his own hands requesting the trade, rejecting any attempts to resolve the situation.

A lot of Eklund's rant sounds made up. Murray wanted Rosival but it was a deal breaker for Sather ?!?!?!?!? WTF? Way to throw any credibility the story might have out the window.

23Kelly or Comrie - Page 2 Empty Re: Kelly or Comrie Tue Jul 21, 2009 2:58 pm

PKC

PKC
All-Star
All-Star

Eklund is a moron. He doesn't know any side of the stories that he publishes. Rather, what I estimate he does is, he makes up the stories by using some flawed logic. As in, he thinks that the points of the stories fit together, because some, in some primitive way make sense, and then he just embellishes them for effect and for website hits.

Pretty simple formula.

24Kelly or Comrie - Page 2 Empty Re: Kelly or Comrie Tue Jul 21, 2009 3:00 pm

SeawaySensFan

SeawaySensFan
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

Mojo wrote:A lot of Eklund's rant sounds made up. Murray wanted Rosival but it was a deal breaker for Sather ?!?!?!?!? WTF? Way to throw any credibility the story might have out the window.

Pathological liars are funny that way.

Ever notice how every deal has be somehow connected to another? :^^^^:

25Kelly or Comrie - Page 2 Empty Re: Kelly or Comrie Tue Jul 21, 2009 3:40 pm

Sophomore
Sophomore

rooneypoo wrote:
111519 wrote:Can someone please explain to me why we have not signed Comrie and dumped Kelly for a second or third round pick???

I just don't get it.

The game is tied, 10 seconds left, on a breakaway......... Comrie or Kelly, who do you want.

From: https://www.blogger.com/comment.g?blogID=4089355686605598997&postID=8807139556502489291&isPopup=true

Comment #7:

Why in the hell have we not dumped Kelly and signed Comrie? I mean we could get a second or third round pick for kelly and Comrie is a wayyyyyy better player.

48 goals, 121 pts.

154 goals, 338 pts.

Am I missing something? I mean with the game tied, 10 seconds left, on a breakaway.......do you want kelly or Comrie.

Am I missing something? I didn't realize we couldn't post on different blogs. I didn't realize i was in a monagamous relationship with you. I didn't think I was committing adultery. Next time I swear I will let you know if I post on two different forums, I swear.

26Kelly or Comrie - Page 2 Empty Re: Kelly or Comrie Tue Jul 21, 2009 3:48 pm

TheAvatar

TheAvatar
Veteran
Veteran

We have way too many people with way to few things to do on this board Smile (me included)

:drinking:

27Kelly or Comrie - Page 2 Empty Re: Kelly or Comrie Tue Jul 21, 2009 3:55 pm

shabbs

shabbs
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer

111519 wrote:
rooneypoo wrote:

I just don't get it.

Comment #7:

48 goals, 121 pts.

154 goals, 338 pts.

Am I missing something? I didn't realize we couldn't post on different blogs. I didn't realize i was in a monagamous relationship with you. I didn't think I was committing adultery. Next time I swear I will let you know if I post on two different forums, I swear.
Rooney is everywhere...

Note: I have no issue with 111519 posting on other boards...

Wink

This is a REAL SLOW NEWS DAY if this is what we're talking about...

28Kelly or Comrie - Page 2 Empty Re: Kelly or Comrie Tue Jul 21, 2009 5:25 pm

wprager

wprager
Administrator
Administrator

shabbs wrote:
111519 wrote:
rooneypoo wrote:

I just don't get it.

Comment #7:

48 goals, 121 pts.

154 goals, 338 pts.

Rooney is everywhere...

Note: I have no issue with 111519 posting on other boards...

Wink

This is a REAL SLOW NEWS DAY if this is what we're talking about...

But he'll never get to MR this way.

29Kelly or Comrie - Page 2 Empty Re: Kelly or Comrie Tue Jul 21, 2009 10:38 pm

PTFlea

PTFlea
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

Possibly the dumbest thing I've ever read. Easy...holy Dung, as if Roszival was the deal breaker for the Rangers. Facepalm

And then he says that Heatley met with the Oilers, but didn't feel right about them paying his 4 million bonus, he wanted Ottawa to pay it.

What kind of crap is that? Ridiculous.

30Kelly or Comrie - Page 2 Empty Re: Kelly or Comrie Tue Jul 21, 2009 10:41 pm

PTFlea

PTFlea
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

111519 wrote:

Fire away. It's slow as Dung, we can always use something to talk about.

31Kelly or Comrie - Page 2 Empty Re: Kelly or Comrie Tue Jul 21, 2009 11:42 pm

dennycrane

dennycrane
Veteran
Veteran

I'd sooner have Mike Sillinger over Kelly. Sillinger is a UFA that would sign for about 1 million.

The reason Kelly hasn't been traded is that 6.75 million is a lot for a "defensive wizard" who finished last year tied for 5th worst in +\- on the team, not counting Comrie and Campoli, who played most of the year with the even-worse NYI. As well, it was often Fisher's line that got the job of going up against the other team's #1 line. Sometimes Kelly was on that line, sometimes he wasn't.

Not to mention 23 points last year represents about a 40% dropoff in offensive production.

I didn't intend this to be anti-Kelly, because I do think he is a good player who had an off year. But he is overpriced, and Mike Comrie at 1.5 would bring better value for the dollar than Kelly at 2.2.

32Kelly or Comrie - Page 2 Empty Re: Kelly or Comrie Tue Jul 21, 2009 11:44 pm

dennycrane

dennycrane
Veteran
Veteran

And then he says that Heatley met with the Oilers, but didn't feel right about them paying his 4 million bonus, he wanted Ottawa to pay it.

That had been reported elsewhere, by more legitimate news sources than the mysterious Dwayne and Miss New Jersey.

33Kelly or Comrie - Page 2 Empty Re: Kelly or Comrie Tue Jul 21, 2009 11:53 pm

PTFlea

PTFlea
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

dennycrane wrote:And then he says that Heatley met with the Oilers, but didn't feel right about them paying his 4 million bonus, he wanted Ottawa to pay it.

That had been reported elsewhere, by more legitimate news sources than the mysterious Dwayne and Miss New Jersey.

Really? :^^^^: Too funny then, enjoy your time here Heater.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 2 of 3]

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum