GM Hockey
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
GM Hockey

You are not connected. Please login or register

Comrie's father

+7
wprager
shabbs
TeamRenzo
Mojo
SeawaySensFan
jamvan
11 posters

Go to page : 1, 2  Next

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 2]

1Comrie's father Empty Comrie's father Tue Jul 21, 2009 1:54 pm

Sophomore
Sophomore

Did you guys know Mike Comrie's father Bill is the founder of the Brick furniture chain and worth half a billion dollars.

I'm not sure there is alot of pressure for Mike to be rushed into signing anywhere.

I think when he plays, he plays hard but, GM's must have a hard time negotiating with a guy who's father could buy the team.

2Comrie's father Empty Re: Comrie's father Tue Jul 21, 2009 1:58 pm

jamvan

jamvan
Veteran
Veteran

Comrie always takes his time signing.

Yes, that is a pretty common fact. His brother is still very high up in the organiztion as well. He is also rich.

3Comrie's father Empty Re: Comrie's father Tue Jul 21, 2009 2:06 pm

Sophomore
Sophomore

jamvan wrote:Comrie always takes his time signing.

Yes, that is a pretty common fact. His brother is still very high up in the organiztion as well. He is also rich.

I never knew, explains why he doesn't feel rushed.

4Comrie's father Empty Re: Comrie's father Tue Jul 21, 2009 2:10 pm

Couple that with the fact the Hilary Duff, his girlfriend, has her own line of clothing and accessories with sales over a $1 billion. He's not lining up at the food bank I can assure you.

5Comrie's father Empty Re: Comrie's father Tue Jul 21, 2009 2:13 pm

SeawaySensFan

SeawaySensFan
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

111519 wrote:Did you guys know Mike Comrie's father Bill is the founder of the Brick furniture chain and worth half a billion dollars.

I'm not sure there is alot of pressure for Mike to be rushed into signing anywhere.

I think when he plays, he plays hard but, GM's must have a hard time negotiating with a guy who's father could buy the team.

That's the logic that had me hoping he'd re-sign with us last time around.

6Comrie's father Empty Re: Comrie's father Tue Jul 21, 2009 2:57 pm

Mojo

Mojo
Rookie
Rookie

The guy has also made millions of dollars himself throughout his career. He could retire now on his own earnings and live a life of luxury.

7Comrie's father Empty Re: Comrie's father Tue Jul 21, 2009 3:49 pm

TeamRenzo

Rookie
Rookie

The Brick is going bankrupt, the Comrie's will still be rich, just not as rich

8Comrie's father Empty Re: Comrie's father Tue Jul 21, 2009 3:51 pm

SeawaySensFan

SeawaySensFan
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

TeamRenzo wrote:The Brick is going bankrupt, the Comrie's will still be rich, just not as rich

In corporate bankruptcies, the rich stay rich. Besides, he cashed in on the IPO years ago.

9Comrie's father Empty Re: Comrie's father Tue Jul 21, 2009 3:51 pm

shabbs

shabbs
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer

SeawaySensFan wrote:
111519 wrote:Did you guys know Mike Comrie's father Bill is the founder of the Brick furniture chain and worth half a billion dollars.

That's the logic that had me hoping he'd re-sign with us last time around.
Just cuz they have tons of money doesn't mean they'll sign for little... they do have some self respect...

But if no one's biting... they'll have to drop their price.

10Comrie's father Empty Re: Comrie's father Tue Jul 21, 2009 4:45 pm

wprager

wprager
Administrator
Administrator

Zoolander wrote:Couple that with the fact the Hilary Duff, his girlfriend, has her own line of clothing and accessories with sales over a $1 billion. He's not lining up at the food bank I can assure you.

Z, where's your source for that info? I have two little girls who are now into Hannah Montana and iCarly stuff. I no-longer see any "Duff Stuff" as much when I go shopping. These things come and go, and just because sales are in the millions (I doubt it's billions) it doesn't mean that profits are anywhere near that much.

Just checked Wikipedia and apparently back in 2008 she said the line will be discontinued because she didn't have control of it anymore:
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Stuff_by_Hilary_Duff

Anyhow, she's not suffering, but let's not fool ourselves that she's raking in millions.

11Comrie's father Empty Re: Comrie's father Tue Jul 21, 2009 10:54 pm

The Silfer Server

The Silfer Server
Veteran
Veteran

That's why I joke that Comrie is worth more than Hillary Duff... That hussy is a gold-digger!!

Did you know that the kid we drafted in the 7th round, Brad Peltz, his father is a billionaire. Former owner of Snapple, and current CEO of Arby's/Wendy's brand.

12Comrie's father Empty Re: Comrie's father Tue Jul 21, 2009 11:10 pm

wprager wrote:
Zoolander wrote:Couple that with the fact the Hilary Duff, his girlfriend, has her own line of clothing and accessories with sales over a $1 billion. He's not lining up at the food bank I can assure you.

Z, where's your source for that info? I have two little girls who are now into Hannah Montana and iCarly stuff. I no-longer see any "Duff Stuff" as much when I go shopping. These things come and go, and just because sales are in the millions (I doubt it's billions) it doesn't mean that profits are anywhere near that much.

Just checked Wikipedia and apparently back in 2008 she said the line will be discontinued because she didn't have control of it anymore:
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Stuff_by_Hilary_Duff

Anyhow, she's not suffering, but let's not fool ourselves that she's raking in millions.

My source was an older article on Duff. This was several years ago mind you. So what you are saying is obviously more current than what I had been. Thanks for the update, and no, she's not suffering lol.

13Comrie's father Empty Re: Comrie's father Tue Jul 21, 2009 11:17 pm

TheAvatar

TheAvatar
Veteran
Veteran

I gotta step in here .... sorry.

Actually, I'm really impressed with Comrie; he doesn't actually have to work for a living; as many in this illustrious group pointed out; his future leaves nothing to worry about. His father is filthy rich and so is his girlfriend (whatever that actually means).

Look beyond that tho; despite all that, the guy's working hard; inflicting quite the hardship on his body (hip surgery, I'm looking at you) and keeps trying really hard.

Sure, perhaps he'll have to accepts a pay cut from his (lofty) 4M$ contract (does that matter to him?) but give credit where credit is due. He doesn't have to put up with any of the crap yet he'll be playing next year.

I just hope we have a chance to have him in our group of guys.

Cheers!

14Comrie's father Empty Re: Comrie's father Wed Jul 22, 2009 10:07 am

TeamRenzo

Rookie
Rookie

Bass Destruction wrote:

That's why I joke that Comrie is worth more than Hillary Duff... That hussy is a gold-digger!!

Did you know that the kid we drafted in the 7th round, Brad Peltz, his father is a billionaire. Former owner of Snapple, and current CEO of Arby's/Wendy's brand.

Nelson Pelz nearly bought the Sens before Melnyk stepped up.

Apparently Spezza is buddies with Brad and has played at the Pelz's home arena

15Comrie's father Empty Re: Comrie's father Wed Jul 22, 2009 10:32 am

PTFlea

PTFlea
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

I would like to take a chance on Comrie personally, but we have no room at all. As it is we have limited room for guys who deserved a chance like Regin. Signing Comrie would only further hurt his development.

If there's a tremendous injury or if Heatley gets traded, maybe, but as of now, it's literally impossible.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 2]

Go to page : 1, 2  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum