GM Hockey
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
GM Hockey

You are not connected. Please login or register

Comrie to the Oil? Looks like it...

+5
Hayden
Cap'n Clutch
mattshock
PTFlea
davetherave
9 posters

Go to page : 1, 2  Next

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 2]

1Comrie to the Oil? Looks like it... Empty Comrie to the Oil? Looks like it... Thu Sep 10, 2009 10:12 am

davetherave

davetherave
All-Star
All-Star

From Kuklas Korner, this item by Oilers blogger Robin Brownlee, who seems to think a deal could be done by the weekend.

"(Oilers owner Daryl) Katz and Mike’s dad, Bill, are good friends and I suspect that’s at play here, as well. I think it’s a shame — not to be confused with a hockey decision — Bill Comrie, who has given millions of dollars to charitable causes in this city and been a model citizen, felt compelled to leave town over the level of hostility he felt during the split in 2003.

Read more: http://www.oilersnation.com/2009/09/bygones-comrie-comes-home/#ixzz0QiFu7ak3

2Comrie to the Oil? Looks like it... Empty Re: Comrie to the Oil? Looks like it... Thu Sep 10, 2009 10:19 am

PTFlea

PTFlea
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

Yeah, I hear it's a Friday announcement.

All the best Mike! I love(d) you as a player - and you fit in here like a glove (with the exception of last season). I think he'll do well.

Good luck! :___:

3Comrie to the Oil? Looks like it... Empty Re: Comrie to the Oil? Looks like it... Thu Sep 10, 2009 10:34 am

mattshock

mattshock
Veteran
Veteran

I liked Comrie. Too bad we couldn't hang onto him. (or its not looking that way)

4Comrie to the Oil? Looks like it... Empty Re: Comrie to the Oil? Looks like it... Thu Sep 10, 2009 10:35 am

Edmonton is officially the smallest team in the NHL. If Comrie makes it through the year it will be a miracle. Talk about a last ditch effort to stay in the league.

5Comrie to the Oil? Looks like it... Empty Re: Comrie to the Oil? Looks like it... Thu Sep 10, 2009 10:36 am

PTFlea

PTFlea
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

N4L wrote:Edmonton is officially the smallest team in the NHL. If Comrie makes it through the year it will be a miracle. Talk about a last ditch effort to stay in the league.

:^^^^: Quite true, they're tiny.

6Comrie to the Oil? Looks like it... Empty Re: Comrie to the Oil? Looks like it... Thu Sep 10, 2009 11:03 am

Cap'n Clutch

Cap'n Clutch
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

SpezDispenser wrote:
N4L wrote:Edmonton is officially the smallest team in the NHL. If Comrie makes it through the year it will be a miracle. Talk about a last ditch effort to stay in the league.

:^^^^: Quite true, they're tiny.

Poor Montreal. They tried so hard this off season to be the smallest team and along comes the Oilers. Laughing3

- Unknown Author

7Comrie to the Oil? Looks like it... Empty Re: Comrie to the Oil? Looks like it... Thu Sep 10, 2009 3:57 pm

Hayden

Hayden
Rookie
Rookie

Done deal per tsn text.

8Comrie to the Oil? Looks like it... Empty Re: Comrie to the Oil? Looks like it... Thu Sep 10, 2009 4:06 pm

Thats basically like Heatley coming back to Ottawa after being traded. Last ditch effort for Comrie.

9Comrie to the Oil? Looks like it... Empty Re: Comrie to the Oil? Looks like it... Thu Sep 10, 2009 4:08 pm

The common sense crew came out on top again in terms of Comrie coming back to Ottawa. Congrats guys.

10Comrie to the Oil? Looks like it... Empty Re: Comrie to the Oil? Looks like it... Thu Sep 10, 2009 5:37 pm

shabbs

shabbs
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer

1 year deal, $1.125M.

Certainly on par with what the community here felt he was worth.

11Comrie to the Oil? Looks like it... Empty Re: Comrie to the Oil? Looks like it... Thu Sep 10, 2009 5:40 pm

shabbs wrote:1 year deal, $1.125M.

Certainly on par with what the community here felt he was worth.

Ya, exactly.

12Comrie to the Oil? Looks like it... Empty Re: Comrie to the Oil? Looks like it... Thu Sep 10, 2009 5:47 pm

Amnesia021

Amnesia021
Rookie
Rookie

what are the odds he is then added to the deal to get heatley? Ahhhhh!

13Comrie to the Oil? Looks like it... Empty Re: Comrie to the Oil? Looks like it... Thu Sep 10, 2009 5:52 pm

shabbs

shabbs
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer

Amnesia021 wrote:what are the odds he is then added to the deal to get heatley? Ahhhhh!
How funny would that be?

14Comrie to the Oil? Looks like it... Empty Re: Comrie to the Oil? Looks like it... Thu Sep 10, 2009 5:53 pm

Literally, this guy is so unwanted he went back to the place where he is hated the most and signed such a small deal I question if he could make more in Russia.

Another year on a non playoff team for this plug.

15Comrie to the Oil? Looks like it... Empty Re: Comrie to the Oil? Looks like it... Thu Sep 10, 2009 5:55 pm

Hockeyhero22000

Hockeyhero22000
Veteran
Veteran

comrie has everything to prove if he wants to get a bigger contract or prove he can be effective he is going to have to have an amazing year in edmonton

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 2]

Go to page : 1, 2  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum