GM Hockey
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
GM Hockey

You are not connected. Please login or register

Khabby for Comrie?

4 posters

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1Khabby for Comrie? Empty Khabby for Comrie? Sat Oct 18, 2008 1:08 pm

PTFlea

PTFlea
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

In the grand scheme of things, I look at Eklund as I would any other interet rumour guy: he's full of beans 80% of the time, 10% he takes a shot in the dark and the other 10% he knows something.

So dealing with that as the foundation, I heard this rumour indirectly and thought it actually made some sense.

To Chicago
Mike Comrie

To NYIsles
Khabby

Why? DiPietro is in bad shape, everyone knows it. They keep draining fluid from his knee and his hip is still bothering him. The Isles are probably considering the choices - as is DiPietro. If they can do surgeries and rest him the rest of the year - it's the right thing to do for the franchise.

At the same time, you don't want Joey McDonald starting 60 games. It's bad for an already weak fanbase.

Chicago realizes now that they might be better off with a 2nd line center (who knew!?) and might be willing to take on Comrie's salary.

It makes sense both ways and to be dead honest, the Isles might have another piece to trade at the deadline if they do this. I know Comrie's their only real offensive threat (I like Okposo a lot though), but it seems like something that could easily happen.

2Khabby for Comrie? Empty Re: Khabby for Comrie? Sat Oct 18, 2008 1:22 pm

TheAvatar

TheAvatar
Veteran
Veteran

I would have thought that you'd get more than Comrie for Khabi

3Khabby for Comrie? Empty Re: Khabby for Comrie? Sat Oct 18, 2008 2:19 pm

PTFlea

PTFlea
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

You get nothing for Khabby. A 7th round conditional would be lucky. This is a need for need - salary for (almost) salary deal. This is a guy that was waived don't forget and no one went near him.

That would be a massive win for the Hawks IMO.

4Khabby for Comrie? Empty Re: Khabby for Comrie? Sat Oct 18, 2008 2:23 pm

TheAvatar wrote:I would have thought that you'd get more than Comrie for Khabi
maybe 5 years ago :pale:

5Khabby for Comrie? Empty Re: Khabby for Comrie? Sat Oct 18, 2008 2:57 pm

wprager

wprager
Administrator
Administrator

504Heater wrote:You get nothing for Khabby. A 7th round conditional would be lucky. This is a need for need - salary for (almost) salary deal. This is a guy that was waived don't forget and no one went near him.

Except Khabibulin has played well, and lots of goalies are struggling.

6Khabby for Comrie? Empty Re: Khabby for Comrie? Sat Oct 18, 2008 3:44 pm

PKC

PKC
All-Star
All-Star

wprager wrote:
504Heater wrote:You get nothing for Khabby. A 7th round conditional would be lucky. This is a need for need - salary for (almost) salary deal. This is a guy that was waived don't forget and no one went near him.

Except Khabibulin has played well, and lots of goalies are struggling.

Marty Turco is making me look like a fantasy hockey Donkey.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum