GM Hockey
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
GM Hockey

You are not connected. Please login or register

Comrie on the block?

3 posters

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1Comrie on the block? Empty Comrie on the block? Fri Oct 17, 2008 2:37 pm

Riprock

Riprock
All-Star
All-Star

Mike Comrie could be on the block, according to Eklund, he says the Hawks have interest in him for their second line center role. I guess Mike's been demoted to a third line center on the island?

Should the Senators try and get involved? I really think they wanted to retain his services but couldn't make the necessary room in time, and I believe he wanted to stay a Senator. We'd likely have to move someone to make some head room for him and still have some cap space.

Though this all matters only if we aren't able to sign Sundin, who is also looking at making a decision, so they say.

2Comrie on the block? Empty Re: Comrie on the block? Fri Oct 17, 2008 2:41 pm

Why do you still go to that site? Unreal.

3Comrie on the block? Empty Re: Comrie on the block? Fri Oct 17, 2008 2:47 pm

Riprock

Riprock
All-Star
All-Star

For discussion purposes... I take topics from there and discuss here.... not like I am at all trying to promote that site, as everyone else here knows. HB is going down.

You got a problem with this?

4Comrie on the block? Empty Re: Comrie on the block? Fri Oct 17, 2008 2:53 pm

mattshock

mattshock
Veteran
Veteran

I don't. Thanks for the update (is that the word?).

Anyways, Comrie is overpaid at $4M and somewhat undersized.

The fact that he's demoted to the third line on a BRUTAL Islanders team is speaking volumes to me.

If the price is right I'd take a chance on him, as he was a good fit here before. Anything but a German roster player or low draft pick seems like it would be paying too much.

5Comrie on the block? Empty Re: Comrie on the block? Fri Oct 17, 2008 2:59 pm

smash88

smash88
Veteran
Veteran

mattbond wrote:I don't. Thanks for the update (is that the word?).

Anyways, Comrie is overpaid at $4M and somewhat undersized.

The fact that he's demoted to the third line on a BRUTAL Islanders team is speaking volumes to me.

If the price is right I'd take a chance on him, as he was a good fit here before. Anything but a German roster player or low draft pick seems like it would be paying too much.

No problems with it at all...

I agree with mattbond though... I'm sure we want to give too much if we do go after him.. But i really can't see us going after him anyway....

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum