GM Hockey
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
GM Hockey

You are not connected. Please login or register

Montreal Canadiens fire Coach Guy Carbonneau

+13
Cronie
beedub
SensFan71
davetherave
The Silfer Server
PTFlea
Acrobat
shabbs
caissie_1
Sp00nz
asq2
Riprock
LeCaptain
17 posters

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next

Go down  Message [Page 2 of 6]

The Silfer Server

Veteran
Veteran

504Heater wrote:A month too late - now they'll probably miss the playoffs.

The correlations are bizarre. Up to their 6 game winning streak, Pittsburgh was in there as well.

Maybe they'll squeak into 8th, get swept by the Bruins...

I hear Hartsburg is available... Funny thing is, his style might suit them better.

Riprock

All-Star
All-Star

Neely4Life wrote:
marakh wrote:This is too bizarre to be true:
- Murray/PAddock = Gainey/ Carbo
- Coach fired around the same date
- Price/Halak = Emery/Gerber (one injured, other plays amazing, injured comes back and general collapse
- Locker room issues
- Drugs rumours

Too too many correlations...

lol, rumours?

Yes, rumors. Have there been any arrests?

PTFlea

Co-Founder
Co-Founder

Bass Destruction wrote:
504Heater wrote:A month too late - now they'll probably miss the playoffs.

The correlations are bizarre. Up to their 6 game winning streak, Pittsburgh was in there as well.

Maybe they'll squeak into 8th, get swept by the Bruins...

I hear Hartsburg is available... Funny thing is, his style might suit them better.

I was just gonna post that. Laughing3 They'll limp into the playoffs and get smashed by the 1-2 or 3 placed teams.

Hartsburg...style...hated...programmed to forget... Peter Schaefer Surre

In all seriousness, I guess it's good that half their team are ****ing off this summer. Who needs Koivu, Kovalev, Higgins, Kostopoulos, Latandresse...the list goes on and on.

Just let them all F-off and re-build via free agency or trade. Not that anyone will go to Montreal as a UFA, but you can't get worse than letting these bums go and trying to acquire some real players.

Dash wrote:
Neely4Life wrote:
- Price/Halak = Emery/Gerber (one injured, other plays amazing, injured comes back and general collapse
- Locker room issues
- Drugs rumours

lol, rumours?

Who needs facts when you have a friend of a friend of a friend? Sarcasm

Riprock

Riprock
All-Star
All-Star

I'm not denying that it is possible, nor confirming anything, but I think it is fair to say that Ray Emery has all but officially said "I do/have done drugs" and Brian McGratton checking into substance abuse program, indicate they have probably done illicit drugs. Outside of those two, you cannot legally say "this guy is a drug user".

I will say that celebrities should know by now to be very cautious about who they associate with. These days in age, people are blogging and taking photos from their camera phones, so it is very possible any little mistake in judgement will come back to haunt you.

Acrobat

Acrobat
Veteran
Veteran

Dash - presuming guilt by association is a fact of life nowadays, but there is a difference between rumour and fact, despite what most people seem to believe. (I'm not suggesting you are arguing otherwise, just responding to your point).

Re: the Habs -
The advantage that they have over the Senators is that they have so many UFAs. They can just let them all go, and start over. Gainey can claim that they all chose to sign for more money, and Joe Q Public will, for the most part, buy it. Especially since everybody wants to play for the Habs, even more than they want to play for the Leafs.

Riprock

Riprock
All-Star
All-Star

I was just saying, no Senator has been linked to any wrong or illegal doings (unless you count Emery's traffic violations, Schubert's downtown bar brawl, and McGrattan's rehabilitation). At least there was press attention to the Montreal allegations (what ever did become of that?). Yes, I have heard the countless rumors and the hearsay, but until a photograph, arrest is made, or charges laid, it is unproven.

Yes, people seem to be labeled guilty if they are seen or associated with people who aren't law abiding citizens, but it is unfair.

Dash wrote:I was just saying, no Senator has been linked to any wrong or illegal doings (unless you count Emery's traffic violations, Schubert's downtown bar brawl, and McGrattan's rehabilitation). At least there was press attention to the Montreal allegations (what ever did become of that?). Yes, I have heard the countless rumors and the hearsay, but until a photograph, arrest is made, or charges laid, it is unproven.

Yes, people seem to be labeled guilty if they are seen or associated with people who aren't law abiding citizens, but it is unfair.

So many guys in the NHL that hang around shady people that are involved in organized crime its not even worth discussing. Thats part of pro sports.

You dont need photo's, arrests, w/e to actually know that.

The Guy With The Mustache wrote:
Dash wrote:
Neely4Life wrote:
- Locker room issues
- Drugs rumours

lol, rumours?

Who needs facts when you have a friend of a friend of a friend? Sarcasm

Grats in rehab? oh ya.... seems I was right about that eh... wasnt it last year I said that? Thanks for coming out.

Not the worst thing in the world, carbo played kostopolus more than burns played mcphee lol

davetherave

davetherave
All-Star
All-Star

Are we surprised Carbo got thrown under l'autobus?

Not really...

SensFan71

All-Star
All-Star

davetherave wrote:Are we surprised Carbo got thrown under l'autobus?

Not really...

Surprised at him getting axed, no, the timing, yeah, maybe a little bit, Montreal seemed to be rebounding a bit, hopefully this will cause more turmoil, maybe the players revolt against Gainey? wishful thinking.

beedub

beedub
Veteran
Veteran

I was listening to the Healthy Scratches last night and they feel that Carbonneau was fired because he lost the room, plain and simple. A huge factor in that were all the allegations swirling around for sure

Cronie

Cronie
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

I'd have to say that I remember saying as a joke maybe Carbo would not be returning behind the bench for next season, but I certainly didn't think they'd fire him NOW...

And what exactly makes Gainey think HE can regain the room?!
chances are, Gainey is going to have a nice little firesale this off-season: time to start over Bob, your window is closing FAST and Price is faltering something fierce, rebuild is in order I think.

beedub

beedub
Veteran
Veteran

Price needs a sympathetic coach who will both guide him and shelter him. Price seems quite susceptible to external distractions. do that, you get your eastern all star back, guaranteed. He is a fantastic goalie who has lost his direction

Cronie

Cronie
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

Well, maybe if he quit smoking 2 packs a day, that would help too! LOL

SeawaySensFan

SeawaySensFan
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

I found it interesting that there was a recent "bag skate" in Habs Land. Sound familiar?

Cronie

Cronie
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

Nice on Seaway... Personal bias aside, I don't think the Habs are capable or even willing of turning a corner this season.

It's funny, because where I reside is mainly leaf and hab territory, and the local french paper has been running editorial cartoons for over a week now chastising and mocking Gainey for his terrible management and lack of moves at the deadline to help the team... Does any of THAT sound familiar?! LOL

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 2 of 6]

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum