GM Hockey
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
GM Hockey

You are not connected. Please login or register

Devils Fire Coach

+7
SensGirl11
SensHulk
SeawaySensFan
PTFlea
Hoags
shabbs
dennycrane
11 posters

Go to page : 1, 2, 3  Next

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 3]

1Devils Fire Coach Empty Devils Fire Coach Thu Dec 23, 2010 10:21 am

dennycrane

dennycrane
Veteran
Veteran

http://tsn.ca/nhl/story/?id=346655

2Devils Fire Coach Empty Re: Devils Fire Coach Thu Dec 23, 2010 10:22 am

shabbs

shabbs
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer

Lemaire to step behind the bench? Devils are in last place in the NHL. This was expected.

3Devils Fire Coach Empty Re: Devils Fire Coach Thu Dec 23, 2010 10:23 am

Hoags

Hoags
All-Star
All-Star

And I thought our gong show with coaches was bad Laugh1

4Devils Fire Coach Empty Re: Devils Fire Coach Thu Dec 23, 2010 10:26 am

shabbs

shabbs
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer

Not sure how much this will help though... Isles tried the same thing... didn't do much.

5Devils Fire Coach Empty Re: Devils Fire Coach Thu Dec 23, 2010 10:27 am

PTFlea

PTFlea
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

How did this take so long?

6Devils Fire Coach Empty Re: Devils Fire Coach Thu Dec 23, 2010 10:29 am

Hoags

Hoags
All-Star
All-Star

SpezDispenser wrote:How did this take so long?

Firing the coach you appointed and begging his predecessor to come out of retirement is no longer as embarrassing as the Devils season so far.

7Devils Fire Coach Empty Re: Devils Fire Coach Thu Dec 23, 2010 10:33 am

PTFlea

PTFlea
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

Hoags wrote:
SpezDispenser wrote:How did this take so long?

Firing the coach you appointed and begging his predecessor to come out of retirement is no longer as embarrassing as the Devils season so far.

No offense to McLean - whose an excellent hockey mind, but you could have put Humpty Dumpty in there as head coach two months ago and been better off.

8Devils Fire Coach Empty Re: Devils Fire Coach Thu Dec 23, 2010 10:35 am

Hoags

Hoags
All-Star
All-Star

Clouston has to be crapping his pants right about now, NHL coach firings always run in streaks and it only takes one team to get the ball rolling.

If MacLean has such a good hockey mind why'd he flunk out ? Just curious.

9Devils Fire Coach Empty Re: Devils Fire Coach Thu Dec 23, 2010 10:37 am

dennycrane

dennycrane
Veteran
Veteran

NJD have been doing it with smoke & mirrors for years and it finally caught up to them this year.

10Devils Fire Coach Empty Re: Devils Fire Coach Thu Dec 23, 2010 10:47 am

SeawaySensFan

SeawaySensFan
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

dennycrane wrote:NJD have been doing it with smoke & mirrors for years and it finally caught up to them this year.

It was only a matter of time before Fraudeur, er, Lou fired this guy.

11Devils Fire Coach Empty Re: Devils Fire Coach Thu Dec 23, 2010 10:51 am

PTFlea

PTFlea
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

Hoags wrote:Clouston has to be crapping his pants right about now, NHL coach firings always run in streaks and it only takes one team to get the ball rolling.

IMO, the Devils aren't a team, they're a collection of individuals who are nothing special. When Brodeur got hurt, then came back and sucked, their season was in deep Dung. Throw in that Parise played hurt the whole year, then had to have surgery and only the luckiest coach in the world would have success. Plus, their D is slow and crappy. McLean didn't stand a chance, the poor bastard.

12Devils Fire Coach Empty Re: Devils Fire Coach Thu Dec 23, 2010 10:51 am

SensHulk

SensHulk
All-Star
All-Star

I knew he should have been fired a long time ago, but man to do it a day before xmas eve....that's rough.

13Devils Fire Coach Empty Re: Devils Fire Coach Thu Dec 23, 2010 10:53 am

SensHulk

SensHulk
All-Star
All-Star

Hoags wrote:Clouston has to be crapping his pants right about now, NHL coach firings always run in streaks and it only takes one team to get the ball rolling.

Clouston has more going for him and much more leeway. The guy has at least proven he can turn around slumps into big streaks and make the playoffs. I will be very surprised if Clouston gets fired this season.....let him play out the contract along with Murray (and I doubt Murray wants to be behind the bench again)

14Devils Fire Coach Empty Re: Devils Fire Coach Thu Dec 23, 2010 11:06 am

PTFlea

PTFlea
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

Michallica wrote:I knew he should have been fired a long time ago, but man to do it a day before xmas eve....that's rough.

The million + dollars he'll still receive makes it sting a little less I'd guess. Smile

15Devils Fire Coach Empty Re: Devils Fire Coach Thu Dec 23, 2010 11:16 am

Hoags

Hoags
All-Star
All-Star

Michallica wrote:
Clouston has more going for him and much more leeway. The guy has at least proven he can turn around slumps into big streaks and make the playoffs. I will be very surprised if Clouston gets fired this season.....let him play out the contract along with Murray (and I doubt Murray wants to be behind the bench again)

I don't know we've got an owner who doesn't like to lose and who has to be more than a little bit embarrassed/pissed off right about now after telling people "We're going all the way this year", more and more empty seats at SBP aren't giving him much X-mas cheer either.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 3]

Go to page : 1, 2, 3  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum