GM Hockey
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
GM Hockey

You are not connected. Please login or register

UPDATE: Devils introduce Jacques Lemaire as new coach today

+5
SensFan71
davetherave
wprager
Cap'n Clutch
rooneypoo
9 posters

Go to page : 1, 2  Next

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 2]

rooneypoo

rooneypoo
All-Star
All-Star

Most people speculating it will be Jacques Lemaire (again):

http://njmg.typepad.com/devilsblog/2009/07/devils-to-name-a-head-coach-today.html

Cap'n Clutch

Cap'n Clutch
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

That would make the most sense but you never know.

- Unknown Author

wprager

wprager
Administrator
Administrator

Maybe they should have three assistant coaches -- Lemaire, Robinson and Burns.

davetherave

davetherave
All-Star
All-Star

wprager wrote:Maybe they should have three assistant coaches -- Lemaire, Robinson and Burns.

Pat Burns is dying of cancer.

wprager

wprager
Administrator
Administrator

davetherave wrote:
wprager wrote:Maybe they should have three assistant coaches -- Lemaire, Robinson and Burns.

He's dying? Was there some new development I missed?

davetherave

davetherave
All-Star
All-Star

wprager wrote:
davetherave wrote:

Burns is being treated, but the cancer, from what he said during the interview on Corus Sports Montreal a few months back, is apparently terminal.

SensFan71

All-Star
All-Star

davetherave wrote:
wprager wrote:
davetherave wrote:

Burns is being treated, but the cancer, from what he said during the interview on Corus Sports Montreal a few months back, is apparently terminal.

that's horrible, Pat Burns is such a great person, all hockey stuff aside, cancer always seems to happen to good people, Jason Blake, Mario Lemieux, Phil Kessel, a few more examples from the hockey world.

davetherave

davetherave
All-Star
All-Star

Confirmed by RDS and Radio Canada Sports:

http://www.rds.ca/hockey/

LE RETOUR DE LEMAIRE

Les Devils du New Jersey ont confirmé que Jacques Lemaire effectue un retour derrière le banc de l’organisation en compagnie de Mario Tremblay, une nouvelle que RDS avait évoquée en primeur vendredi dernier.

Mojo

Mojo
Rookie
Rookie

Wow, I'm glad to see NJ is finally ditching their really boring defensive game and finally giving some exciting hockey for their fans! :^^^^:

SeawaySensFan

SeawaySensFan
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

Mojo wrote:Wow, I'm glad to see NJ is finally ditching their really boring defensive game and finally giving some exciting hockey for their fans! :^^^^:

They realized that Fraudeur needs his old system back to be successful.

I hope the NJD fans enjoyed their brief flirtation with a high scoring system.

Mojo

Mojo
Rookie
Rookie

SeawaySensFan wrote:
Mojo wrote:Wow, I'm glad to see NJ is finally ditching their really boring defensive game and finally giving some exciting hockey for their fans! :^^^^:

They realized that Fraudeur needs his old system back to be successful.

I hope the NJD fans enjoyed their brief flirtation with a high scoring system.

I feel bad for the fans they do have. It's no wonder they have such poor attendance. It certainly is proof that it takes more than just a healthy win column to fill seats, the hockey also has to exciting.

davetherave

davetherave
All-Star
All-Star

Lemaire led the Devils to the Stanley Cup and remains one of the most respected coaches in hockey...IMHO a wise move by LouLam.

SensFan71

All-Star
All-Star

davetherave wrote:Lemaire led the Devils to the Stanley Cup and remains one of the most respected coaches in hockey...IMHO a wise move by LouLam.

agreed fully, will Lemaire be able to rekindle that spark, well anything is possible in the NHL and they still have a lot of talent, plus their gamebreaker in net.

Mojo

Mojo
Rookie
Rookie

davetherave wrote:Lemaire led the Devils to the Stanley Cup and remains one of the most respected coaches in hockey...IMHO a wise move by LouLam.

I agree that he is a great coach, but his style is just more of the same for NJ. It is quite obvious that the Devils success over the past decade has not had any positive effect on their attendance. We Sens fans suffered through many years of boring hockey and I would much rather have the more exciting brand of hockey even if it doesn`t always lead to success. Winning just isn't everything.

PTFlea

PTFlea
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

I like the move, but at the same time, it's boring. Will it work? Possibly. Who knows.

For sure the Devils haven't gotten better IMO, so Lemaire will have his work cut out for him next year.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 2]

Go to page : 1, 2  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum