GM Hockey
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
GM Hockey

You are not connected. Please login or register

Lemaire steps down as Coach of the Wild

+5
davetherave
asq2
Nasty Nas
caissie_1
shabbs
9 posters

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1Lemaire steps down as Coach of the Wild Empty Lemaire steps down as Coach of the Wild Sun Apr 12, 2009 1:23 pm

shabbs

shabbs
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer

His legacy with the Wild comes to an end...

http://www.tsn.ca/nhl/story/?id=274749

Shame.

caissie_1

caissie_1
Veteran
Veteran

Awsome player and coach... What a career.

Nasty Nas

Nasty Nas
Rookie
Rookie

about time. He's a great coach but the identity of that team needs to change.

asq2

asq2
All-Star
All-Star

shabbs wrote:His legacy with the Wild comes to an end...

Shame.

I think it was time.

shabbs

shabbs
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer

asq2 wrote:

Shame.

I think it was time.
True.

2002/03 was the year they made it to the Western Conference Finals where they lost to the Ducks.

davetherave

davetherave
All-Star
All-Star

Shame.

Agreed. Lemaire's given everything he has--including the smarts, strategy and sheer guts--that helped win Stanley Cups as coach and as a player. With limited means, he developed the Wild from an expansion club to a respected team.

Pierre-Marc Bouchard told a great story about Lemaire. One day during a drill, Lemaire was telling Bouchard he that he had a good shot and should use it more. When Bouchard admitted he lacked confidence, Lemaire proceeded to ring a shot off each post in succession.

Lemaire apparently said, "Well, if I can do it, at my age...you certainly can."

He will be missed.

PTFlea

PTFlea
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

Word 'round the campfire is that he'll become the bench boss for the Devils.

shabbs

shabbs
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer

504Heater wrote:Word 'round the campfire is that he'll become the bench boss for the Devils.
Nice.

asq2

asq2
All-Star
All-Star

Nice article in the Citizen on Lemaire today.

There were some pretty scathing remarks (by the journalist, not Lemaire) towards Risebrough though. I guess some could argue he let the team down by not bringing in help when Gaborik went down.

davetherave

davetherave
All-Star
All-Star

asq2 wrote:Nice article in the Citizen on Lemaire today.

There were some pretty scathing remarks (by the journalist, not Lemaire) towards Risebrough though. I guess some could argue he let the team down by not bringing in help when Gaborik went down.

That article was good...by a Minneapolis writer I believe.

One report on the NHL Network suggested Lemaire might decide to become a 'consultant'. Much like Scotty Bowman in Detroit and now Chicago.

Whatever he does, Lemaire's hockey knowledge is massive...he can help improve any team.

Was lucky enough to see him play in person as well...talk about intense.

11Lemaire steps down as Coach of the Wild Empty Re: Lemaire steps down as Coach of the Wild Thu Apr 23, 2009 11:59 am

Cap'n Clutch

Cap'n Clutch
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

504Heater wrote:Word 'round the campfire is that he'll become the bench boss for the Devils.

Sutter has fallen out of favour already? Lemaire is the perfect fit for that franchise though.

- Unknown Author

12Lemaire steps down as Coach of the Wild Empty Re: Lemaire steps down as Coach of the Wild Thu Apr 23, 2009 12:03 pm

SeawaySensFan

SeawaySensFan
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

Cap'n Clutch wrote:

Sutter has fallen out of favour already? Lemaire is the perfect fit for that franchise though.

Sutter is rumoured to be leaving of his own accord.

13Lemaire steps down as Coach of the Wild Empty Re: Lemaire steps down as Coach of the Wild Thu Apr 23, 2009 12:09 pm

Cronie

Cronie
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

I heard that too. I seem to recall hearing about Sutter wanting to return to the GM game in the Minors or AHL or something like that?

Did I dream that?

14Lemaire steps down as Coach of the Wild Empty Re: Lemaire steps down as Coach of the Wild Thu Apr 23, 2009 12:19 pm

SeawaySensFan

SeawaySensFan
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

Cronie wrote:I heard that too. I seem to recall hearing about Sutter wanting to return to the GM game in the Minors or AHL or something like that?

Did I dream that?

He wants to go back to the Red Deer Rebels, which he owns. He won't have to wait too long with Fraudeur between the pipes. Laughing3

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum