GM Hockey
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
GM Hockey

You are not connected. Please login or register

Avery on re-entry waivers!!

+3
PKC
SeawaySensFan
SensFan71
7 posters

Go to page : Previous  1, 2

Go down  Message [Page 2 of 2]

16Avery on re-entry waivers!! - Page 2 Empty Re: Avery on re-entry waivers!! Fri Feb 27, 2009 8:57 pm

shabbs

Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer

davetherave wrote:I don't believe that a team's intent to try to pick up a player when coming through waivers is considered 'tampering'.

'Tampering' is generally interpreted as trying to entice someone under contract to break that contract.
I thought expressing interest in a player that was under contract to a different team was tampering. Avery is still under contract to the Stars. I guess it must be on the level if they're saying it. Otherwise I'm sure GB would have fined them.

17Avery on re-entry waivers!! - Page 2 Empty Re: Avery on re-entry waivers!! Fri Feb 27, 2009 11:50 pm

davetherave

All-Star
All-Star

shabbs wrote:
davetherave wrote:I don't believe that a team's intent to try to pick up a player when coming through waivers is considered 'tampering'.

'Tampering' is generally interpreted as trying to entice someone under contract to break that contract.
I thought expressing interest in a player that was under contract to a different team was tampering. Avery is still under contract to the Stars. I guess it must be on the level if they're saying it. Otherwise I'm sure GB would have fined them.

Teams express interest in players from other teams all the time. 'Tampering' is when actual steps are taken to entice the contracted individual to violate their contract. What the NHL specifically considers as 'tampering' is probably listed in the Players' Association CBA:
http://www.nhlpa.com/CBA/index.asp

18Avery on re-entry waivers!! - Page 2 Empty Re: Avery on re-entry waivers!! Tue Mar 03, 2009 12:51 pm

PKC

All-Star
All-Star

Done!

http://tsn.ca/nhl/story/?id=269559&lid=headline&lpos=topStory_main

19Avery on re-entry waivers!! - Page 2 Empty Re: Avery on re-entry waivers!! Tue Mar 03, 2009 2:04 pm

LeCaptain

LeCaptain
All-Star
All-Star

SensFan71 wrote:
PKC wrote:I hope the Rangers pick up this assclown. It'll only help make the failure that much better. Worst. Run. Organization. Ever.

what? I thought Redden was doing very well for them lol, it's almost as good as the Habs decline.

The Habs decline is a myth man, it's one or two players only.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 2 of 2]

Go to page : Previous  1, 2

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum