GM Hockey
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
GM Hockey

You are not connected. Please login or register

Avery on re-entry waivers!!

+3
PKC
SeawaySensFan
SensFan71
7 posters

Go to page : 1, 2  Next

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 2]

1Avery on re-entry waivers!! Empty Avery on re-entry waivers!! Fri Feb 27, 2009 12:44 pm

SensFan71

All-Star
All-Star

queue the rumours to NYR, only fit I possibly see.

Last edited by SensFan71 on Fri Feb 27, 2009 12:45 pm; edited 1 time in total

2Avery on re-entry waivers!! Empty Re: Avery on re-entry waivers!! Fri Feb 27, 2009 12:44 pm

SeawaySensFan

SeawaySensFan
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

"Slats" a nimrod?

Queue the "yes" replies.

3Avery on re-entry waivers!! Empty Re: Avery on re-entry waivers!! Fri Feb 27, 2009 12:46 pm

SensFan71

All-Star
All-Star

SeawaySensFan wrote:"Slats" a nimrod?

Queue the "yes" replies.

without a doubt, nimrod, but Torts might be able to steer Avery effectively, who knows?

4Avery on re-entry waivers!! Empty Re: Avery on re-entry waivers!! Fri Feb 27, 2009 12:46 pm

PKC

PKC
All-Star
All-Star

I hope the Rangers pick up this assclown. It'll only help make the failure that much better. Worst. Run. Organization. Ever.

5Avery on re-entry waivers!! Empty Re: Avery on re-entry waivers!! Fri Feb 27, 2009 12:49 pm

SensFan71

All-Star
All-Star

PKC wrote:I hope the Rangers pick up this assclown. It'll only help make the failure that much better. Worst. Run. Organization. Ever.

what? I thought Redden was doing very well for them lol, it's almost as good as the Habs decline.

6Avery on re-entry waivers!! Empty Re: Avery on re-entry waivers!! Fri Feb 27, 2009 1:19 pm

SensFan71

All-Star
All-Star

As per sportsnet, The Rangers have already committed to Avery if he hasnt' been claimed otherwise.

7Avery on re-entry waivers!! Empty Re: Avery on re-entry waivers!! Fri Feb 27, 2009 5:33 pm

davetherave

davetherave
All-Star
All-Star

"Sean Avery gets claimed by Brian Burke"...very plausible.

8Avery on re-entry waivers!! Empty Re: Avery on re-entry waivers!! Fri Feb 27, 2009 5:43 pm

SensFan71

All-Star
All-Star

davetherave wrote:"Sean Avery gets claimed by Brian Burke"...very plausible.

ugh, that would add more to the battle of ontario, avery vs ruutu

9Avery on re-entry waivers!! Empty Re: Avery on re-entry waivers!! Fri Feb 27, 2009 7:01 pm

davetherave

davetherave
All-Star
All-Star

SensFan71 wrote:
davetherave wrote:"Sean Avery gets claimed by Brian Burke"...very plausible.

ugh, that would add more to the battle of ontario, avery vs ruutu

IMHO Burke is lining up Avery, Emery and Pronger...he wants the Leafs to be nasty.

10Avery on re-entry waivers!! Empty Re: Avery on re-entry waivers!! Fri Feb 27, 2009 8:31 pm

shabbs

shabbs
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer

I heard the Rangers have announced they will pick him if he's available when it comes to them.

Are they allowed to do that? Is that not tampering?

11Avery on re-entry waivers!! Empty Re: Avery on re-entry waivers!! Fri Feb 27, 2009 8:38 pm

davetherave

davetherave
All-Star
All-Star

I don't believe that a team's intent to try to pick up a player when coming through waivers is considered 'tampering'.

'Tampering' is generally interpreted as trying to entice someone under contract to break that contract.

12Avery on re-entry waivers!! Empty Re: Avery on re-entry waivers!! Fri Feb 27, 2009 8:49 pm

PTFlea

PTFlea
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

SensFan71 wrote:As per sportsnet, The Rangers have already committed to Avery if he hasnt' been claimed otherwise.

Really! We all saw it coming, but I just can't believe they'd take that kind of a character. I guess when a team has no character, they get desperate.

13Avery on re-entry waivers!! Empty Re: Avery on re-entry waivers!! Fri Feb 27, 2009 8:57 pm

shabbs

shabbs
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer

davetherave wrote:I don't believe that a team's intent to try to pick up a player when coming through waivers is considered 'tampering'.

'Tampering' is generally interpreted as trying to entice someone under contract to break that contract.
I thought expressing interest in a player that was under contract to a different team was tampering. Avery is still under contract to the Stars. I guess it must be on the level if they're saying it. Otherwise I'm sure GB would have fined them.

14Avery on re-entry waivers!! Empty Re: Avery on re-entry waivers!! Fri Feb 27, 2009 11:50 pm

davetherave

davetherave
All-Star
All-Star

shabbs wrote:
davetherave wrote:I don't believe that a team's intent to try to pick up a player when coming through waivers is considered 'tampering'.

I thought expressing interest in a player that was under contract to a different team was tampering. Avery is still under contract to the Stars. I guess it must be on the level if they're saying it. Otherwise I'm sure GB would have fined them.

Teams express interest in players from other teams all the time. 'Tampering' is when actual steps are taken to entice the contracted individual to violate their contract. What the NHL specifically considers as 'tampering' is probably listed in the Players' Association CBA:
http://www.nhlpa.com/CBA/index.asp

15Avery on re-entry waivers!! Empty Re: Avery on re-entry waivers!! Tue Mar 03, 2009 12:51 pm

PKC

PKC
All-Star
All-Star

Done!

http://tsn.ca/nhl/story/?id=269559&lid=headline&lpos=topStory_main

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 2]

Go to page : 1, 2  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum