GM Hockey
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
GM Hockey

You are not connected. Please login or register

McGuire on Neil: 2 million? Don't think so

+8
PKC
Sp00nz
SensFan71
TeamRenzo
SeawaySensFan
Cronie
Riprock
PTFlea
12 posters

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3

Go down  Message [Page 3 of 3]

PKC

All-Star
All-Star

I've been saying this for a while, and I'll say it again. Not only should we not pay Neil $1.5 million a season, but we should drop him down to just inside the $1 million range. Sign him for like $950,000 per year for 2 or 3 years.

I'm sorry, but 6 points on the year, and 41 disappearing acts (road games) last year equals a salary drop not raise.

He doesn't like it? You and Kuba can pack it in, thanks for the times.

Thats^ exactly what I'm saying! We in this city overvalue Neil is the most ridiculous way. To put it another way: On "the Quiz" just now, Dutchie asked who you would rather trade for - Neil or Laperriere? And both Dreger and McKenzie said Lap....Would any of you pay Laperriere 1.5M? I hope not...
Add to that: The guys on hockeycentral are speculating that Neil is actually asking for as much as 2.5M 🇳🇴

Flo The Action

Franchise Player
Franchise Player

Neely4Life wrote:Exactly, I like Ruutu and what he brings for 1.3 mil. Chips in offensivly, PK's, draws penalties, takes other teams off their games, great in the shoot out... On top of all that, he is a good team guy, always loved by his team mates.

Very popular with the fans as well. I love Neil but this team needs to start looking forward and change a lot of the faces in that dressing room. They also need the picks and prospects coming back for him.

I think thats the big one here. somhow ruutu seems to know when to stop and let the other one take the fall. we've got enough players now who can handle themselves plus some of the young ones(Bass comes to mind)will pick-up.
let's trade him and when july comes around if he's still around offer him 1.2a year for 2 years(no longer)

Phoenix30

Phoenix30
Veteran
Veteran

Ahh Murray just send Neil to Edmonton for Stortini and a pick.

Phoenix30 wrote:Ahh Murray just send Neil to Edmonton for Stortini and a pick Jordan Eberle.

Fixed.

Sp00nz wrote:
Dash wrote:Isn't Shelley, Grier, Clowe... enough grit?

Aside from Grier, Neil plays a better game than they do. Besides, u can never have enough grit. We all remember how the Ducks pushed the Sens around.

I'd take Clowe in a heartbeat over Neil. He's big, can score, and shows up in the playoffs. He's SJ's version of Milan Lucic.

cash wrote:
Thats not at all true anymore. There's the four you mentioned, but then there's the 2nd tier toughness of Alfie, Phillips, Kelly, Vermette, Donovan, Foligno, Winchester, Bass... The jury is out on Shannon and Bell.
So that leaves Spezza, Heatley, Comrie (who is quite capable of crashing and banging) Lee, Kuba, Picard, and Schubert (who is an absolute p*ssy when encountered with someone who can actually handle themselves...)

Other than Picard, Comrie, and maybe Heatley, I would be fine with seeing the others traded for gritty, character players. The skill on this team decreases and they have to gut out some more wins, but at least they would actually put in the effort and show us that they care... And there would still be some considerable skill here.

I can't agree with this at all. I remember when we used to get pushed around a lot before Chara came along. We were very soft. I hated watching us get run over. We lost Chara and got bullied in the final against Anahiem (although I still think the reffing was crap). When we lose Neil we will start to see the same things happen. Even with Neil it seems like it is okay to run our captain. I think everyone who thinks Neil is expendable will be sorry about six months after he goes.

PTFlea

PTFlea
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

I heard from a couple of different places that Neil had lowered his demands and was now looking for 1.7 (no idea how long) per year.

If that's so and he's starting to get back into reality, should the Sens think about signing him?

I'm of the opinion that everyone can go home happy at 1.6 million.

PKC

PKC
All-Star
All-Star

504Heater wrote:I heard from a couple of different places that Neil had lowered his demands and was now looking for 1.7 (no idea how long) per year.

If that's so and he's starting to get back into reality, should the Sens think about signing him?

I'm of the opinion that everyone can go home happy at 1.6 million.

You guys are deluded. You wanna pay a guy who has 6 points 1.6 million? What the hell for? Because he can hit a couple of guys? I'd rather take that 1.6 million, give his spot to a rookie, and invest that money into our sorely out of shape blueline.

Acrobat

Acrobat
Veteran
Veteran

Can't Bass do it for half that?

PTFlea

PTFlea
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

Acrobat wrote:Can't Bass do it for half that?

That's sore spot for me personally. Bass can fight, but he's not someone who other teams are afraid of. Neil brings a little more seriousness to the role because he takes on pretty much anyone.

Bass could do it, but I'd expect him to be injured again.

Hockeyhero22000

Hockeyhero22000
Veteran
Veteran

then bring up z. smith he seems to have little problem dropping the gloves between him and bass it more than makes up for neil

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 3 of 3]

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum