GM Hockey
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
GM Hockey

You are not connected. Please login or register

Bryan Murray admits that he can't help but make trades

+11
Riprock
TeamRenzo
SensFan71
beedub
asq2
Flo The Action
LeCaptain
Cap'n Clutch
Urkie
davetherave
PTFlea
15 posters

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next

Go down  Message [Page 3 of 6]

asq2

All-Star
All-Star

504Heater wrote:
asq2 wrote:Are we really in the market for non-top pairing defenceman?

Because Vermette wouldn't return a top-pairing one and we already have plenty of 4-6 d-men IMO.

Hamhuis isn't a top pairing D-man?

Right now? Probably not. He's a good #3 IMO.

I'm not opposed to getting him, but we've got a log-jam on D as it is and are tied with the Islanders for the title of worst offensive team.

PTFlea

Co-Founder
Co-Founder

asq2 wrote:
Right now? Probably not. He's a good #3 IMO.

I'm not opposed to getting him, but we've got a log-jam on D as it is and are tied with the Islanders for the title of worst offensive team.

What the heck are we gonna do about a number one D-man...wow...there's so much to do for Murray.

asq2

All-Star
All-Star

JayBo.

In reality, we can't expect to fix our problems in one off-season.

If you want a #1 defenceman, you're either going to have to develop one, overpay for one on the market or trade for one (and that's Heatley/Spezza territory, not Vermette territory).

asq2

asq2
All-Star
All-Star

Or let's find revealing pictures of Dale Tallon and then use them to convince him to trade us Duncan Keith. Razz

PTFlea

PTFlea
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

asq2 wrote:JayBo.

If you want a #1 defenceman, you're either going to have to develop one, overpay for one on the market or trade for one (and that's Heatley/Spezza territory, not Vermette territory).

How do you make J-Bo fit into the cap structure? I mean...Murray could make it happen by ridding himself of Jason Smith and Chris Kelly I guess, but I hate the uncertainty of UFAs. Who knows where this kid is going. He might be better off the stay with the Panthers on a 3 year deal.

Then there's Ohlund. Don't know about that one personally. I thought we wanted a number one D-man.

davetherave

davetherave
All-Star
All-Star

If JayBo came to Ottawa, Bryan Murray would be elected mayor by acclamation.

IMHO better to build around some solid vets like a Francois Beauchemin and/or Mathias Ohlund, and develop your prospects like Karlsson.

Bell and Picard don't look like the answer so far; Lee shows promise but he seems to need development and aggressiveness.

Would you consider trading Phillips? He could help a playoff team and bring a good return.

asq2

asq2
All-Star
All-Star

Yup.

If we want a #1, we'll have to develop it or trade for it IMO.

The market pays defencemen exorbitant amounts.

PTFlea

PTFlea
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

asq2 wrote:Or let's find revealing pictures of Dale Tallon and then use them to convince him to trade us Duncan Keith. Razz

Yeah, he's the cat's meow. No question.

Damn, I wish the UFA D-men of Summer 10 were magically transferred over to this summer. Even when we lost out on Pronger, we could bid for Gonchar, and when we lost out of him we could bid for Johnsson, Kubina, Zidlicky, Lilya etc.

Actually, if Zidlicky is a guy we would target, I would imagine we could work something out for him trade-wise. There will come a point when the Wild have too many D with Foster returning.

asq2

asq2
All-Star
All-Star

As always, the UFA period looks much better a year or so prior to it actually happening.

PTFlea

PTFlea
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

davetherave wrote:If JayBo came to Ottawa, Bryan Murray would be elected mayor by acclamation.

IMHO better to build around some solid vets like a Francois Beauchemin and/or Mathias Ohlund, and develop your prospects like Karlsson.

Bell and Picard don't look like the answer so far; Lee shows promise but he seems to need development and aggressiveness.

Would you consider trading Phillips? He could help a playoff team and bring a good return.

I keep forgetting about Beauchemin. He plays massive minutes, but can he produce offensively? I think between Campoli and Lee/Picard, we might be okay with adding a minute muncher like Beauchemin.

PTFlea

PTFlea
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

asq2 wrote:As always, the UFA period looks much better a year or so prior to it actually happening.

Because of re-signings etc?

davetherave

davetherave
All-Star
All-Star

504Heater wrote:
davetherave wrote:If JayBo came to Ottawa, Bryan Murray would be elected mayor by acclamation.

I keep forgetting about Beauchemin. He plays massive minutes, but can he produce offensively? I think between Campoli and Lee/Picard, we might be okay with adding a minute muncher like Beauchemin.

Beauchemin is a rock on D. One of the reasons the Ducks were waddling this year was because Beauchemin was out.

Flo The Action

Flo The Action
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

to respond about Knuble i'd want it with re-signing him. if knuble is cut loose this summer i think he could be a great option for ottawa.

beedub

beedub
Veteran
Veteran

504Heater wrote:

How do you make J-Bo fit into the cap structure? I mean...Murray could make it happen by ridding himself of Jason Smith and Chris Kelly I guess, but I hate the uncertainty of UFAs. Who knows where this kid is going. He might be better off the stay with the Panthers on a 3 year deal.

Then there's Ohlund. Don't know about that one personally. I thought we wanted a number one D-man.

I wouldn't give diddle for Bowmeester. He's going to sign for like 8 million bucks over the 8-10 years. Do yo really want your cap spread that thin?

PTFlea

PTFlea
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

Flo The Action wrote:to respond about Knuble i'd want it with re-signing him. if knuble is cut loose this summer i think he could be a great option for ottawa.

I've actually thought about that as well. Big numbers though, he'll want some coin I think.

PTFlea

PTFlea
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

beedub wrote:
I wouldn't give diddle for Bowmeester. He's going to sign for like 8 million bucks over the 8-10 years. Do yo really want your cap spread that thin?

Yes please Bee. Yes please...I tell ya, I'll make a whole bunch of Chris Kelly go away to have J-Bo.

Please... :bounce:

SensFan71

All-Star
All-Star

asq2 wrote:Or let's find revealing pictures of Dale Tallon and then use them to convince him to trade us Duncan Keith. Razz

now you are talking, let's see what DTR can find us lol, nothing better than blackmail to get what you want, we will get the pictures delivered anonymously to BM, then he can start pulling the strings on Dave Tallon lol. maybe we can convince them to take Schubert in return for a bag of pucks and a couple of puck bunnies.

As for any player in Philadelphia, would only want two players from that team, their names are Carter and Richards, can we afford them? no, so let's move on lol.

TeamRenzo

Rookie
Rookie

Hockey Buzz is reporting that the Sens are in talks with a Western Confernece team to land an all-star d-man.

Anyone care to speculate who it might be?

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 3 of 6]

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum