GM Hockey
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
GM Hockey

You are not connected. Please login or register

Bryan Murray admits that he can't help but make trades

+11
Riprock
TeamRenzo
SensFan71
beedub
asq2
Flo The Action
LeCaptain
Cap'n Clutch
Urkie
davetherave
PTFlea
15 posters

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next

Go down  Message [Page 2 of 6]

PTFlea

Co-Founder
Co-Founder

davetherave wrote:
One, Philly can't make any deals unless they dump salaries/players in return.

Too bad them for them then, they'll do something with someone, but not us I presume.

davetherave

All-Star
All-Star

504Heater wrote:
davetherave wrote:
One, Philly can't make any deals unless they dump salaries/players in return.

Too bad them for them then, they'll do something with someone, but not us I presume.

Someone on this forum suggested Lupul to Ottawa. Do you buy that?

Flo The Action

Franchise Player
Franchise Player

i just hope he doesn't wait to pull the trigger too long and we see all those guys walk away in the summer.
i heard they were talking deals with neil and his agent was asking for 2 million.. i wouldn't even give 1.5... we have bass and ruttuu... unfortunetly i did like neil alot, but he's expandable.

Flo The Action

Flo The Action
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

never mind lupuyl... lets get knuble.

PTFlea

PTFlea
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

davetherave wrote:

Not really, no. Lupul isn't anything special and he gets over 4 million dollars next year. I'd rather just keep Vermette personally.

davetherave

davetherave
All-Star
All-Star

Flo The Action wrote:never mind lupuyl... lets get knuble.

You want Knuble, a UFA who is 11 years older than Lupul? Why does that work for the Sens?

davetherave

davetherave
All-Star
All-Star

504Heater wrote:
davetherave wrote:

Not really, no. Lupul isn't anything special and he gets over 4 million dollars next year. I'd rather just keep Vermette personally.

I agree with you re: Vermette.

PS got a chance to meet him yesterday at the Bell Skate A Thon at SBP for 'Champions For Children'. Very sincere young man who seems to really care about the community. He also does some public service TV spots against drinking and driving.

PTFlea

PTFlea
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

davetherave wrote:
I agree with you re: Vermette.

PS got a chance to meet him yesterday at the Bell Skate A Thon at SBP for 'Champions For Children'. Very sincere young man who seems to really care about the community. He also does some public service TV spots against drinking and driving.

Nice, yeah, I read that in another thread. You also met...someone else Smile I can't remember who.

My view on Vermette has changed substantially this year. He's working hard all the time - and now he doesn't pout on the ice when he's not scoring, he works even harder. This is what we wanted from him - and he's finally repaying us with some consistency. I'd be willing to keep him at pretty much all costs - unless there's a chance to get a top pairing, legit D-man back for him.

It would hurt to do it at this point, but we would have no choice but to think about it.

davetherave

davetherave
All-Star
All-Star

Volchenkov was the other player. Very cordial. The kids were thrilled to see them and get their autographs. Both he and Vermette were very accomodating during the several hours they spent meeting and greeting everyone.

IMHO if you are trading Vermette, you deal him to Minnesota, or Chicago, where Vermette is an instant fit and where they have plenty of D-men.

asq2

asq2
All-Star
All-Star

Are we really in the market for non-top pairing defenceman?

Because Vermette wouldn't return a top-pairing one and we already have plenty of 4-6 d-men IMO.

PTFlea

PTFlea
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

asq2 wrote:Are we really in the market for non-top pairing defenceman?

Because Vermette wouldn't return a top-pairing one and we already have plenty of 4-6 d-men IMO.

Hamhuis isn't a top pairing D-man?

davetherave

davetherave
All-Star
All-Star

ASQ, do you really think the Sens have 'plenty' of Top 4-6 d-men...assuming Kuba is gone?

Volchenkov-Phillips
Campoli-?

Smith, maybe...

...and after that?

Last edited by davetherave on Mon Feb 23, 2009 7:23 pm; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : edit)

PTFlea

PTFlea
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

davetherave wrote:
ASQ, do you really think the Sens have 'plenty' of Top 4-6 d-men...assuming Kuba is gone?

Volchenkov-Phillips
Campoli-?

Smith, maybe...

...and after that?

What he means is D-men 3, 4, 5 and 6. No, 1 or 2 D-men (I believe).

________ - Campoli (this is a stretch to be honest)
Phillips - Volchenkov
J.Smith - Lee

davetherave

davetherave
All-Star
All-Star

504Heater wrote:
davetherave wrote:

Volchenkov-Phillips
Campoli-?

Smith, maybe...

...and after that?

What he means is D-men 3, 4, 5 and 6. No, 1 or 2 D-men (I believe).

________ - Campoli (this is a stretch to be honest)
Phillips - Volchenkov
J.Smith - Lee

Considering what's been said about Lee on these threads...that 3rd pairing looks like a stretch, doesn't it?

PTFlea

PTFlea
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

davetherave wrote:
Considering what's been said about Lee on these threads...that 3rd pairing looks like a stretch, doesn't it?

Well, in terms of going up against 3rd and 4th liners, it's bad news, but where should the Sens put him? In the top pairing? No can do...see what I mean, we can't bother with offense right now, we need to make sure we address the D!

asq2

asq2
All-Star
All-Star

504Heater wrote:

Hamhuis isn't a top pairing D-man?

Right now? Probably not. He's a good #3 IMO.

I'm not opposed to getting him, but we've got a log-jam on D as it is and are tied with the Islanders for the title of worst offensive team.

PTFlea

PTFlea
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

asq2 wrote:
Right now? Probably not. He's a good #3 IMO.

I'm not opposed to getting him, but we've got a log-jam on D as it is and are tied with the Islanders for the title of worst offensive team.

What the heck are we gonna do about a number one D-man...wow...there's so much to do for Murray.

asq2

asq2
All-Star
All-Star

JayBo.

In reality, we can't expect to fix our problems in one off-season.

If you want a #1 defenceman, you're either going to have to develop one, overpay for one on the market or trade for one (and that's Heatley/Spezza territory, not Vermette territory).

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 2 of 6]

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum