GM Hockey
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
GM Hockey

You are not connected. Please login or register

Game Day: Canucks-Senators Preview

+14
The Silfer Server
dennycrane
top shelf15
Cronie
shabbs
Bramlet07
beerandsens
wprager
Hockeyhero22000
LeCaptain
caissie_1
SensGirl11
Cap'n Clutch
davetherave
18 posters

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6

Go down  Message [Page 6 of 6]

76Game Day: Canucks-Senators Preview - Page 6 Empty Re: Game Day: Canucks-Senators Preview Fri Feb 20, 2009 10:48 am

Cronie wrote:Is that sarcasm Robby? Just checking dude.
No sarcasm, we are a limited team that needs a couple of pieces to really compete.

77Game Day: Canucks-Senators Preview - Page 6 Empty Re: Game Day: Canucks-Senators Preview Fri Feb 20, 2009 11:59 am

davetherave

All-Star
All-Star

Cap'n Clutch wrote:I'm still not worried about this. I expected a Loss in my estimate of an 18-4-4 record to finish the season. I'm also factoring 1 loss to SJ and 1 loss to Boston. That leaves only 1 more regulation loss in there which could be difficult with Aflie gone for a long period of time.

Cap, is that an estimate, or your deepest wish?

Not even San Jose and Detroit aspire to such a lofty record.

You might want to look at this site for a picture of the Sens' chances:
http://www.playoffstatus.com/nhl/easternstandings.html

By the way, you seem to assume the Devils are an easy prey for the Senators... April 9th.

Last edited by davetherave on Fri Feb 20, 2009 12:41 pm; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : edit)

78Game Day: Canucks-Senators Preview - Page 6 Empty Re: Game Day: Canucks-Senators Preview Fri Feb 20, 2009 12:58 pm

Cap'n Clutch

Co-Founder
Co-Founder

davetherave wrote:
Cap'n Clutch wrote:I'm still not worried about this. I expected a Loss in my estimate of an 18-4-4 record to finish the season. I'm also factoring 1 loss to SJ and 1 loss to Boston. That leaves only 1 more regulation loss in there which could be difficult with Aflie gone for a long period of time.

Cap, is that an estimate, or your deepest wish?

Not even San Jose and Detroit aspire to such a lofty record.

You might want to look at this site for a picture of the Sens' chances:
http://www.playoffstatus.com/nhl/easternstandings.html

By the way, you seem to assume the Devils are an easy prey for the Senators... April 9th.

No actually I have them as an OTL/SOL so not easy by any means.

I looked at all the games and looked at ones that we could win and will likely lose. A win doesn't mean easy prey. Some of these will be hard fought OT or SO wins some will be regulation. I suspect the Carolina and Montreal games will be wins.

79Game Day: Canucks-Senators Preview - Page 6 Empty Re: Game Day: Canucks-Senators Preview Fri Feb 20, 2009 1:45 pm

davetherave

davetherave
All-Star
All-Star

Cap, the reality is that the Senators have won five and lost four under Clouston...5-2-2 to be exact. They are without Alfredsson for a week to ten days at least.

The math you're suggesting is, in an ideal world, possible. But with all due respect, the projection doesn't seem realistic.

You assume the Sens will beat the following teams, making no allowance for the record. These include the Panthers (to whom they lost both matches); Calgary (who beat the Sens 6-3);and Philadelphia, who having won one and lost two to Ottawa will be pushing to the max as the playoffs approach; Toronto, who have already beaten the Sens twice; the Islanders, who have beaten Ottawa in both meetings; and Tampa Bay, who have split the games with the Sens.

Your optimism is commendable.

80Game Day: Canucks-Senators Preview - Page 6 Empty Re: Game Day: Canucks-Senators Preview Fri Feb 20, 2009 2:23 pm

Cap'n Clutch

Cap'n Clutch
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

Again your forgetting about the OTL/SOLs in the equation. Devils take one there are 3 more and 1 more regulation loss. Place them as you wish. I'm not saying it's likely and I've continued saying the playoffs is a pipe dream and it will stay that way for a while. If they lose 4 more games in regulation they're more than likely just waiting for the math to catch up and they're done.

- Unknown Author

81Game Day: Canucks-Senators Preview - Page 6 Empty Re: Game Day: Canucks-Senators Preview Fri Feb 20, 2009 3:35 pm

I also admire your optimism Cap, but the simple fact is without Alfie, we're done. They will not beat Montreal. Everyone likes to talk about how MTL has been sliding and how they are ripe for the pickin', but their entire game has been MUCH improved over their last two. They, arguably, deserved to win the game against Washington and were about even in the PIT game - a game on back-to-back nights where they were missing one of their most prolific players. And now they're getting Kovalev back.

I could accept that the Sens couldn't eek out a win against the Avs after that deadly road swing, but watching them lose in that way to Vancouver was truly disheartening. They made an effort to come back, but the chemistry just isn't there...

It was nice to have hope for a miracle for a few more days, but I've resigned myself to the hopelessness of the situation.

...Whatever happens from here, Kuba better be GONE by the deadline.

82Game Day: Canucks-Senators Preview - Page 6 Empty Re: Game Day: Canucks-Senators Preview Fri Feb 20, 2009 5:47 pm

davetherave

davetherave
All-Star
All-Star

Cap'n Clutch wrote:Again your forgetting about the OTL/SOLs in the equation. Devils take one there are 3 more and 1 more regulation loss. Place them as you wish. I'm not saying it's likely and I've continued saying the playoffs is a pipe dream and it will stay that way for a while. If they lose 4 more games in regulation they're more than likely just waiting for the math to catch up and they're done.

Cap, we all know what SOL means.

Making up 13 points to get a playoff spot means SOLs=SOL. Agreed?

This coming week is make or break. If they play like they did against the Avs and Nucks...

83Game Day: Canucks-Senators Preview - Page 6 Empty Re: Game Day: Canucks-Senators Preview Fri Feb 20, 2009 6:51 pm

cash wrote:I also admire your optimism Cap, but the simple fact is without Alfie, we're done. They will not beat Montreal. Everyone likes to talk about how MTL has been sliding and how they are ripe for the pickin', but their entire game has been MUCH improved over their last two. They, arguably, deserved to win the game against Washington and were about even in the PIT game - a game on back-to-back nights where they were missing one of their most prolific players. And now they're getting Kovalev back.

I could accept that the Sens couldn't eek out a win against the Avs after that deadly road swing, but watching them lose in that way to Vancouver was truly disheartening. They made an effort to come back, but the chemistry just isn't there...

It was nice to have hope for a miracle for a few more days, but I've resigned myself to the hopelessness of the situation.

...Whatever happens from here, Kuba better be GONE by the deadline.
If he doesn't waive his NTC we should egg his car daily until he changes his mind.

84Game Day: Canucks-Senators Preview - Page 6 Empty Re: Game Day: Canucks-Senators Preview Fri Feb 20, 2009 11:18 pm

I'll break his legs if he doesn't waive...

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 6 of 6]

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum