GM Hockey
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
GM Hockey

You are not connected. Please login or register

Game Day: Canucks-Senators Preview

+14
The Silfer Server
dennycrane
top shelf15
Cronie
shabbs
Bramlet07
beerandsens
wprager
Hockeyhero22000
LeCaptain
caissie_1
SensGirl11
Cap'n Clutch
davetherave
18 posters

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next

Go down  Message [Page 4 of 6]

46Game Day: Canucks-Senators Preview - Page 4 Empty Re: Game Day: Canucks-Senators Preview Thu Feb 19, 2009 9:39 pm

smash88

Veteran
Veteran

Are they benching Spezza? I haven't seen him out there at all for the third...

EDIT: as I wrote that, he's now on the ice... LOL

Last edited by smash88 on Thu Feb 19, 2009 9:40 pm; edited 1 time in total

47Game Day: Canucks-Senators Preview - Page 4 Empty Re: Game Day: Canucks-Senators Preview Thu Feb 19, 2009 9:40 pm

Hockeyhero22000

Veteran
Veteran

just took too long to get started

48Game Day: Canucks-Senators Preview - Page 4 Empty Re: Game Day: Canucks-Senators Preview Thu Feb 19, 2009 10:05 pm

Kuba is one of the most enfuriating players to ever play for this organization. I really can't decide if I'd rather see them win the next 3 games or lose and subsequently trade him...

49Game Day: Canucks-Senators Preview - Page 4 Empty Re: Game Day: Canucks-Senators Preview Thu Feb 19, 2009 10:09 pm

top shelf15

Rookie
Rookie

cash wrote:Kuba is one of the most enfuriating players to ever play for this organization. I really can't decide if I'd rather see them win the next 3 games or lose and subsequently trade him...
Totally he gets into a wide open lane that the forwards have worked thier asses off to create,then waits ....... then passes it down low again :x

50Game Day: Canucks-Senators Preview - Page 4 Empty Re: Game Day: Canucks-Senators Preview Thu Feb 19, 2009 10:11 pm

top shelf15

Rookie
Rookie

heater played like a man possessed,hopefully it will rub off on spezza we need his production now

51Game Day: Canucks-Senators Preview - Page 4 Empty Re: Game Day: Canucks-Senators Preview Thu Feb 19, 2009 10:59 pm

asq2

asq2
All-Star
All-Star

Only saw the second half of the game, but Heatley, Shannon, Vermette, Foligno and Fisher were pretty damn impressive.

I liked seeing Spezza throw some hits late in the game as well, but obviously he didn't play well to get the ice-time he received.

52Game Day: Canucks-Senators Preview - Page 4 Empty Re: Game Day: Canucks-Senators Preview Thu Feb 19, 2009 11:00 pm

davetherave

davetherave
All-Star
All-Star

This was a reality check.

53Game Day: Canucks-Senators Preview - Page 4 Empty Re: Game Day: Canucks-Senators Preview Thu Feb 19, 2009 11:08 pm

PTFlea

PTFlea
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

That's one hell of a message to Spezza. You couldn't miss that.

54Game Day: Canucks-Senators Preview - Page 4 Empty Re: Game Day: Canucks-Senators Preview Thu Feb 19, 2009 11:09 pm

asq2

asq2
All-Star
All-Star

We can't win without Alfredsson.

This has been clinically documented.

It's terrifying from a future perspective, though.

55Game Day: Canucks-Senators Preview - Page 4 Empty Re: Game Day: Canucks-Senators Preview Thu Feb 19, 2009 11:18 pm

The Silfer Server

The Silfer Server
Veteran
Veteran

504Heater wrote:That's one hell of a message to Spezza. You couldn't miss that.

Seriously eh?!?! He only played 39 more seconds than Josh Hennessy.

56Game Day: Canucks-Senators Preview - Page 4 Empty Re: Game Day: Canucks-Senators Preview Thu Feb 19, 2009 11:19 pm

davetherave

davetherave
All-Star
All-Star

asq2 wrote:We can't win without Alfredsson.

Asq2, you have hit it right on the head. Leadership is an issue for the Senators, and the next ten days--or more--without Alfredsson may well demonstrate how much of an issue it is.

Last edited by davetherave on Thu Feb 19, 2009 11:21 pm; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : omission)

57Game Day: Canucks-Senators Preview - Page 4 Empty Re: Game Day: Canucks-Senators Preview Thu Feb 19, 2009 11:24 pm

LeCaptain

LeCaptain
All-Star
All-Star

At this rate, Vermette could still end the season with 50 points...
NIce game except from the 1st. By the way, I couldnt believe how many Canucks fans were at the Bank. Vermette is probably the best thing that happened to Heatley this season. Without Alfie, MTL will probably eat us alive with this D.

58Game Day: Canucks-Senators Preview - Page 4 Empty Re: Game Day: Canucks-Senators Preview Thu Feb 19, 2009 11:27 pm

asq2

asq2
All-Star
All-Star

marakh wrote:At this rate, Vermette could still end the season with 50 points...
NIce game except from the 1st. By the way, I couldnt believe how many Canucks fans were at the Bank. Vermette is probably the best thing that happened to Heatley this season. Without Alfie, MTL will probably eat us alive with this D.

Montreal is not exactly in good shape right now.

And they could be in much, much worse shape tomorrow.

59Game Day: Canucks-Senators Preview - Page 4 Empty Re: Game Day: Canucks-Senators Preview Thu Feb 19, 2009 11:29 pm

60Game Day: Canucks-Senators Preview - Page 4 Empty Re: Game Day: Canucks-Senators Preview Thu Feb 19, 2009 11:31 pm

davetherave wrote:

Asq2, you have hit it right on the head. Leadership is an issue for the Senators, and the next ten days--or more--without Alfredsson may well demonstrate how much of an issue it is.
I don't buy the leadership issue one bit. We will miss Alfie because we lack scoring depth.

61Game Day: Canucks-Senators Preview - Page 4 Empty Re: Game Day: Canucks-Senators Preview Thu Feb 19, 2009 11:31 pm

davetherave

davetherave
All-Star
All-Star

asq2 wrote:
marakh wrote:At this rate, Vermette could still end the season with 50 points...

ASQ, are you referring to the rumour that is out there running around tonight of a 'bombshell' about the Canadiens that will be revealed tomorrow morning?

62Game Day: Canucks-Senators Preview - Page 4 Empty Re: Game Day: Canucks-Senators Preview Thu Feb 19, 2009 11:34 pm

I think we will destroy Montreal Saturday. Other than Kuba (loser) the D wasn't that horrible.

63Game Day: Canucks-Senators Preview - Page 4 Empty Re: Game Day: Canucks-Senators Preview Thu Feb 19, 2009 11:44 pm

asq2

asq2
All-Star
All-Star

davetherave wrote:
asq2 wrote:

ASQ, are you referring to the rumour that is out there running around tonight of a 'bombshell' about the Canadiens that will be revealed tomorrow morning?

I'm still hoping it's nothing, but this seems to be pretty serious.

http://www.rds.ca/video/visionneuse.html?category=10

If you click on that link, then click "antichambre," then click "Les manchettes des experts," you'll see them discussing this news.

It's in French, but basically, they say it's a big deal involving several players. Demers was saying he was proud to be a member of the Canadiens organization, and that he hopes he's dreaming.

I've also heard that police are waiting for the plane at the airport.

I'm really hoping it's nothing, but everything seems to indicate that this is serious.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 4 of 6]

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum