GM Hockey
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
GM Hockey

You are not connected. Please login or register

Is this it? Finally?

+11
SensGirl11
davetherave
caissie_1
asq2
BigRig
SeawaySensFan
beedub
Cronie
LeCaptain
wprager
Aetherial
15 posters

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4

Go down  Message [Page 4 of 4]

46Is this it? Finally? - Page 4 Empty Re: Is this it? Finally? Fri Feb 13, 2009 4:37 pm

asq2

All-Star
All-Star

Neely4Life wrote:If Lee goes anywhere, its to a place that is DESPERATE for any kind of D man. I dont think it would be much more than a 3rd rounder if he did. The guy is useless. He literally does nothing on the ice. Maybe Atlanta? Tampa?

That's not true. And he's a rookie.

You don't see Tampa dealing Stamkos for a 3rd just because he hasn't been effective in his first season.

Lee is not who we should be looking to deal.

I would only deal Lee if it were in a package for a better defenceman like Hamhuis (ie, Vermette, Lee, 4th for Hamhuis, Dekanich, 2nd).

47Is this it? Finally? - Page 4 Empty Re: Is this it? Finally? Fri Feb 13, 2009 4:45 pm

asq2 wrote:
Neely4Life wrote:If Lee goes anywhere, its to a place that is DESPERATE for any kind of D man. I dont think it would be much more than a 3rd rounder if he did. The guy is useless. He literally does nothing on the ice. Maybe Atlanta? Tampa?

That's not true. And he's a rookie.

You don't see Tampa dealing Stamkos for a 3rd just because he hasn't been effective in his first season.

Lee is not who we should be looking to deal.

I would only deal Lee if it were in a package for a better defenceman like Hamhuis (ie, Vermette, Lee, 4th for Hamhuis, Dekanich, 2nd).

If you can tell me what the purpose of having Lee on the ice is, please tell me. He provides no offense, he is a defensive liability, he doesnt bring anything to the game that any run of the mil D man doesnt. The kid doesnt have enough skill to play the way he does.

Lee is a 1st round bust already, no one will really debate that, he was a waste of a top 10 pick. Rookie or not, Lee isnt smart enough, physical enough, or brave enough to be in the NHL right now. He has no shot, no offensive instinct, and no chance to live up to a 9th overall selection.

People questioned at the begining of the year why Bell was brought up over Lee, you're seeing it now. Lee should not be in the NHL and is here by defualt.

I dont think you deal Lee for a pick or prospect because that is basically spinning your wheels. But there is no way Lee turns into a top 4 guy, people waiting on that are going to be disapointed in a large way.

You're right though, if he is dealt it is in a package for something bigger.

Seriously though, does Lee do anything?

48Is this it? Finally? - Page 4 Empty Re: Is this it? Finally? Sat Feb 14, 2009 1:30 am

PTFlea

Co-Founder
Co-Founder

asq2 wrote:

Oh absolutely. There's no way I deal a 21 year old for a pick or a mid-level prospect. I would deal him in a NY minute if it was part of a deal for a number one D-man though. No regrets, give me D-man X and I'll part with Lee with a smile on my face.

I actually think this is gonna happen this draft day/summer. If Murray can shed 1.3 with Lee and perhaps another player and get a D-man back who's gonna make a difference, it has to be done. I'm confident I'll never get over the Visnovsky trade...blah.

49Is this it? Finally? - Page 4 Empty Re: Is this it? Finally? Sat Feb 14, 2009 8:59 am

davetherave

davetherave
All-Star
All-Star

Interesting fact: last night every game (except for the Habs-Avs contest) was decided by one goal.

The majority of teams right now (if the last ten games are a reliable indicator) are more or less playing around .500 hockey.

With the competition tightening up as the playoffs approach, upsets like the Bluejackets over the Wings and Sabres over the Sharks are going to happen.

You might put the Sens victory over the Flyers in the 'upset' category.

Ottawa playing .600 hockey (35 out of 58 points) from here to the wire, giving them a .500 record and 83 points to finish the season, is not an unrealistic nor impossible expectation.

That would look very good on Clouston's resume.

50Is this it? Finally? - Page 4 Empty Re: Is this it? Finally? Sat Feb 14, 2009 9:11 am

asq2

asq2
All-Star
All-Star

davetherave wrote:Interesting fact: last night every game (except for the Habs-Avs contest) was decided by one goal.

The majority of teams right now (if the last ten games are a reliable indicator) are more or less playing around .500 hockey.

With the competition tightening up as the playoffs approach, upsets like the Bluejackets over the Wings and Sabres over the Sharks are going to happen.

Ottawa playing .600 hockey (35 out of 58 points) from here to the wire, giving them a .500 record and 83 points to finish the season, is not an unrealistic nor impossible expectation.

But would give us a significantly worse pick.

51Is this it? Finally? - Page 4 Empty Re: Is this it? Finally? Sat Feb 14, 2009 10:34 am

TheAvatar

TheAvatar
Veteran
Veteran

asq2 wrote:
davetherave wrote:Interesting fact: last night every game (except for the Habs-Avs contest) was decided by one goal.

But would give us a significantly worse pick.

And it's not sufficient to make the playoffs. If they're gonna go, they gotta go balls to the wall and play .850 Hockey.

52Is this it? Finally? - Page 4 Empty Re: Is this it? Finally? Sat Feb 14, 2009 1:59 pm

davetherave

davetherave
All-Star
All-Star

.850 hockey at this stage of the year? If Clouston can get the Sens to do that, he's Bruce Lee, Superman and Anthony Robbins rolled into one.
:cyclops:

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 4 of 4]

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum