GM Hockey
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
GM Hockey

You are not connected. Please login or register

Is this it? Finally?

+11
SensGirl11
davetherave
caissie_1
asq2
BigRig
SeawaySensFan
beedub
Cronie
LeCaptain
wprager
Aetherial
15 posters

Go to page : 1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 4]

1Is this it? Finally? Empty Is this it? Finally? Fri Feb 13, 2009 8:00 am

Aetherial

Aetherial
Rookie
Rookie

What is the feeling amoung you Sens fans... excitement, relief, cautious optimism?

I count 3 wins in a row, no? against decent teams I think?

Could they finally be turning a corner here? Do they still have a shot at making the playoffs (where Boston looks to me like a team that might be the surprise upset victim!)

2Is this it? Finally? Empty Re: Is this it? Finally? Fri Feb 13, 2009 8:27 am

wprager

wprager
Administrator
Administrator

Still a lot of points to make up. Your Leafs are the next target, we *could* pas them int he standings on Saturday. Also let's not forget that:
1. we got a loser point from Boston playing the second game in 2 nights
2. we got a shootout win from Buffalo in the same situation
3. we beat Buffalo giving up 13 PPs when they were missing their best scorer (and the league's top PP scorer, I believe)

Not sure about Philly, but if it wasn't for the score I'd have to say maybe Elliott stole that game for us. Playing the second game in two nights with our best player dog tired after killing off all those penalties, we had no right to win that game.

3Is this it? Finally? Empty Re: Is this it? Finally? Fri Feb 13, 2009 8:32 am

LeCaptain

LeCaptain
All-Star
All-Star

The call on Vermette which allowed Boston to tie the game was BS anyway,
The call(s) versus Buffalo were more than BS.

Anyway, Elliott is hot and the transition is a lot faster, that alone has changed this team big time.

They basically have 6 losses left before they are mathematically out of the race. so yes, there is still hope for a spot.

4Is this it? Finally? Empty Re: Is this it? Finally? Fri Feb 13, 2009 8:47 am

Cronie

Cronie
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

Hey Aetherial!

I'm all over the board... I'm excited, I'm cautious, and slightly on edge at best!

I am loving the fact that these guys seem to be responding to Clouston's tactics and such (I'm assuming the honeymoon effect is over mind you) and that they are working harder and showing a passion for the game, pride and having fun again. All good signs in my view.

5Is this it? Finally? Empty Re: Is this it? Finally? Fri Feb 13, 2009 8:53 am

beedub

beedub
Veteran
Veteran

Aetherial wrote:What is the feeling amoung you Sens fans... excitement, relief, cautious optimism?

Could they finally be turning a corner here? Do they still have a shot at making the playoffs (where Boston looks to me like a team that might be the surprise upset victim!)

Are they turning a corner as a team, well, it certainly looks like it. Is it going to seriously impact us this year. No. Too much ground to make up in too little time. But, if Clouston works out as coach, then we are laying the bricks for a really solid year next year, and this years draft picks will only help.

6Is this it? Finally? Empty Re: Is this it? Finally? Fri Feb 13, 2009 9:15 am

Two people have made the difference in Ottawa for the most part, CLouston and Elliott. Those 2 should recieve the exact same amount of credit for whats going on.

This team will prob be about 500 the rest of the way.

7Is this it? Finally? Empty Re: Is this it? Finally? Fri Feb 13, 2009 9:21 am

SeawaySensFan

SeawaySensFan
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

Neely4Life wrote:Two people have made the difference in Ottawa for the most part, CLouston and Elliott. Those 2 should recieve the exact same amount of credit for whats going on.

This team will prob be about 500 the rest of the way.

I dig that Elliott fella.

8Is this it? Finally? Empty Re: Is this it? Finally? Fri Feb 13, 2009 9:53 am

BigRig

BigRig
Rookie
Rookie

beedub wrote:
Aetherial wrote:What is the feeling amoung you Sens fans... excitement, relief, cautious optimism?

Are they turning a corner as a team, well, it certainly looks like it. Is it going to seriously impact us this year. No. Too much ground to make up in too little time. But, if Clouston works out as coach, then we are laying the bricks for a really solid year next year, and this years draft picks will only help.

agreed. This team needs to go into the offseason with pride and knowing that they ran out of time. Their confidence is coming back and they'll need to get off to a good start next year.

The ONLY way we make the playoffs this year:
1) we keep up the improvement...still not there yet
2) at LEAST 2 of the teams ahead of us need to tank

as much as I'd love us to get close....we still need a top 4 pick!

9Is this it? Finally? Empty Re: Is this it? Finally? Fri Feb 13, 2009 9:58 am

Aetherial

Aetherial
Rookie
Rookie

BigRig77 wrote:

as much as I'd love us to get close....we still need a top 4 pick!

Actually that is one of the reasons I am happy to see the turn around...

Stay away from OUR pick!

You still don't need a top 4 pick as bad as the Leafs do Smile

I would say they are on the start of a roll. It either stalls or it continues. If they can keep it going, it may truly be a turn around. The attitude on the team may start to perpetuate some success!!

10Is this it? Finally? Empty Re: Is this it? Finally? Fri Feb 13, 2009 10:02 am

asq2

asq2
All-Star
All-Star

"Playoffs?!"

No, I don't think so. They've definitely improved and they look like they're having more fun out there but the reality is that they still have to go at an almost .700 clip to make the post-season.

It's not going to happen, but if we've found our coach and goalie for the future then I'm happy anyway.

Frankly, though, I could stand a little less winning. We need a Victor Hedman or Jared Cowen as a force on the blue-line, or a Matt Duchene or Evander Kane sniping goals from the second line, or a MSP blowing past defenders.

People are happy, because the Sens are winning and finally somewhat enjoyable to watch, but many don't recognize that we are turning into the Leafs of the past couple years.

11Is this it? Finally? Empty Re: Is this it? Finally? Fri Feb 13, 2009 10:02 am

caissie_1

caissie_1
Veteran
Veteran

This is all good. It's good for the team, the fans etc. I want a top 5 pick as bad as anyone. But im loving watching the sens and enjoying it again. The playoffs are probably just a pipre dream but next year we will have some built confidence and we will be pretty good.

12Is this it? Finally? Empty Re: Is this it? Finally? Fri Feb 13, 2009 10:12 am

Cronie

Cronie
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

Asq2... That's a little too doom & Gloom, don't you think?

13Is this it? Finally? Empty Re: Is this it? Finally? Fri Feb 13, 2009 10:16 am

SeawaySensFan

SeawaySensFan
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

Cronenbergfan wrote:Asq2... That's a little too doom & Gloom, don't you think?

Asq can't see the positives of winning at the NHL level because he gets too caught up in prospects.

We've been winning for a decade without turning into the Leafs and our stars are YOUNG and getting younger.

14Is this it? Finally? Empty Re: Is this it? Finally? Fri Feb 13, 2009 10:36 am

asq2

asq2
All-Star
All-Star

SeawaySensFan wrote:

Asq can't see the positives of winning at the NHL level because he gets too caught up in prospects.

We've been winning for a decade without turning into the Leafs and our stars are YOUNG and getting younger.

:lol!:

That's only partially true.

There are positives in terms of (starting) winning (this late into the season) at the NHL level, as I've stated. If Clouston can prove he can bring stability to our coaching position and Elliott to the goaltending position, I'm happy.

What I mean is - the past two seasons (or perhaps only last season, memory may not serve back that far) the Leafs got totally out of it, were dreaming of Stamkos or Doughty and then at the very end of the season turned it around so that they still missed the playoffs and their pick was worse. Granted, they got Schenn out of it but that was a pretty questionable call by the Islanders and they should probably have been looking at a Mikael Boedkker or Colin Wilson.

I don't mean to cast a down-pour on our streak because, like everyone else, I'm enjoying it. But I still feel that three-game win streak or not, we have holes on the roster now and going forward and we could have more than filled them with a top-2 selection (and I doubt we'll find a replacement for Alfredsson on the UFA market).

Also, I feel sorry for the Binghamton fans. If we were hopelessly out of it, we might return guys like Shannon, Bell and perhaps even Elliott (not likely) to the team for their playoff push.

15Is this it? Finally? Empty Re: Is this it? Finally? Fri Feb 13, 2009 10:42 am

SeawaySensFan

SeawaySensFan
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

asq2 wrote:
SeawaySensFan wrote:

:lol!:

That's only partially true.

There are positives in terms of (starting) winning (this late into the season) at the NHL level, as I've stated. If Clouston can prove he can bring stability to our coaching position and Elliott to the goaltending position, I'm happy.

What I mean is - the past two seasons (or perhaps only last season, memory may not serve back that far) the Leafs got totally out of it, were dreaming of Stamkos or Doughty and then at the very end of the season turned it around so that they still missed the playoffs and their pick was worse. Granted, they got Schenn out of it but that was a pretty questionable call by the Islanders and they should probably have been looking at a Mikael Boedkker or Colin Wilson.

I don't mean to cast a down-pour on our streak because, like everyone else, I'm enjoying it. But I still feel that three-game win streak or not, we have holes on the roster now and going forward and we could have more than filled them with a top-2 selection (and I doubt we'll find a replacement for Alfredsson on the UFA market).

Also, I feel sorry for the Binghamton fans. If we were hopelessly out of it, we might return guys like Shannon, Bell and perhaps even Elliott (not likely) to the team for their playoff push.

The Leafs are overachieving with crap players. We are underachieving with good, mostly young players. Apples and oranges.

This streak is no more an indication of how good we are than our season record is an indication of how bad we are.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 4]

Go to page : 1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum