GM Hockey
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
GM Hockey

You are not connected. Please login or register

More on LA trade from Senschirp!!!

+10
Phoenix30
asq2
b33f
davetherave
LeCaptain
SensGirl11
SeawaySensFan
PTFlea
Jordo
BigRig
14 posters

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

Go down  Message [Page 4 of 5]

46More on LA trade from Senschirp!!! - Page 4 Empty Re: More on LA trade from Senschirp!!! Thu Feb 05, 2009 3:13 pm

Dawg's Wife wrote:

True but I'm more Newark than Manhattan...

After he waived his NTC and I had him traded I'd kick him in the balls before stuffing him in a box and shipping him to L.A. via Canada Post ground regular mail.

I hope you are not a travel agent.

47More on LA trade from Senschirp!!! - Page 4 Empty Re: More on LA trade from Senschirp!!! Thu Feb 05, 2009 3:26 pm

PTFlea

Co-Founder
Co-Founder

I thought Heatley was good against LA. Not great, but certainly he had more jump in his step. Meh...what can I say, maybe I'm used to sub-standard hockey now.

48More on LA trade from Senschirp!!! - Page 4 Empty Re: More on LA trade from Senschirp!!! Thu Feb 05, 2009 3:26 pm

PTFlea

Co-Founder
Co-Founder

MurderOnIce wrote:
Dawg's Wife wrote:

True but I'm more Newark than Manhattan...

After he waived his NTC and I had him traded I'd kick him in the balls before stuffing him in a box and shipping him to L.A. via Canada Post ground regular mail.

I hope you are not a travel agent.

LOL.

49More on LA trade from Senschirp!!! - Page 4 Empty Re: More on LA trade from Senschirp!!! Thu Feb 05, 2009 4:17 pm

SensGirl11

SensGirl11
Mod
Mod

Dawg's Wife wrote:
Jordo wrote:
Dawg's Wife wrote:
From Goaltending Bernier has interest because of the way he played with team Canada. Other than that he hasn't done what they expected him to.

As far as D, Hickey, Tuebert are not on the AHL team neither are Martinez or Voinov (one is in Russia and the other is in the NCAA).

I still stand by my Spezza or Heatley (please please let it be Heatley) for Quincey or Harold, Tuebert or Hickey, and their 1st

Hell I'll even throw in SJ's first as well.

Why Heatley over Spezza DW?

First LA doesn't have very many quality LW's either currently on their roster or in the system. They need LW's badly.

Second after watching the last 3 games, he's a lazy bastard. That L.A. game solidified it in my mind. I can live with Spezza giving the puck away as long as he forechecks like he did that night (hell he even threw 3 body checks).

Heatley had several drive by's and has looked like he doesn't care.

Heatley...You're Fired!

I have to say, I agree with you here. I have been on the Heatley trading bandwagon more than the Spezza trading bandwagon. Heatley has been underperforming way more than Spezza IMO, that's also why I don't understand why everyone is all over Spezza and not Heatley.

Spezza had an awesome game against LA. It's just annoying that he doesn't play like that every night. Hopefully this Clouston character will ensure that he does that every night.

50More on LA trade from Senschirp!!! - Page 4 Empty Re: More on LA trade from Senschirp!!! Thu Feb 05, 2009 4:20 pm

Jordo

Jordo
Sophomore
Sophomore

SG,
You're wrong. I mean, I guess he looked more alive whilst turning over the puck more than he has all year...

Spezza's played awful, and while I agree he's finally backchecking a little more, he has to- because he's the reason we're spending most of the night in our own zone.

Newsflash- teams have picked up on the fact that you pass to nobody but Heatley... there are other people on the ice.

51More on LA trade from Senschirp!!! - Page 4 Empty Re: More on LA trade from Senschirp!!! Thu Feb 05, 2009 4:29 pm

asq2

asq2
All-Star
All-Star

Colten friggin' Teubert as the centre-piece for Jason Spezza?

You gotta be ****ing kidding me.

52More on LA trade from Senschirp!!! - Page 4 Empty Re: More on LA trade from Senschirp!!! Thu Feb 05, 2009 4:31 pm

asq2

asq2
All-Star
All-Star

I can't even begin to say how awful the asset management of this team would be if this went through.

This is just terrible. Spezza is a 25 year old star. If you're not even getting back a player with the potential to be a star, much less a star of Spezza's calibre, you're not worthy of being a NHL GM.

53More on LA trade from Senschirp!!! - Page 4 Empty Re: More on LA trade from Senschirp!!! Thu Feb 05, 2009 4:56 pm

Jordo

Jordo
Sophomore
Sophomore

asq2, I know you're big on the keep Spezza boat, and if we don't trade him and it comes back to haunt us, believe me I will send my apologies- but how long are we going to sit through this nonsense? One of Spezza or Heatley HAS to go, or things will be status quo for many years to come. In this cap world you can't afford to have all your resources tied up in two players. We need youth, and we need a shakeup in this organization..

I think you're really throwing LA's part of the deal right under the bus too. Teubert, Moller have a ton of potential, plus LAs 1st rd in a deep draft? Not to mention the cap space we create by getting rid of Spezza?

54More on LA trade from Senschirp!!! - Page 4 Empty Re: More on LA trade from Senschirp!!! Thu Feb 05, 2009 5:02 pm

LeCaptain

LeCaptain
All-Star
All-Star

I agree with ASq2, we need at least one player who can contribute right away. there too much "potential" in that offer IMO.

But I would accept it IF BM finds a way to package that 1st and SJ's first to get a top 5 pick.

55More on LA trade from Senschirp!!! - Page 4 Empty Re: More on LA trade from Senschirp!!! Thu Feb 05, 2009 5:03 pm

asq2

asq2
All-Star
All-Star

It's quality for quantity. Moller should be a second-line winger, LAs first round pick isn't anything to write home about and Colten Teubert is basically just Brendan Witt.

Spezza is 25 years old. There's no reason to think he can't be part of our re-build going forward. Replacing a guy like Spezza is nigh on impossible and centres are incredibly important for a team (look at centres on past Cup winners that don't have Brodeur, Hasek or Roy in nets for them).

I'm alright with dealing Spezza or Heatley but there are so many potentially better deals out there. Why not Heatley to Edmonton for Eberle (potential top-6 winger like Moller), Gagner (potential #1a centre to complement Spezza) and a first?

In terms of cap-space, what the hell are we going to use it for? Players the calibre of Spezza almost never hit the free agent market especially with longer and longer deals being signed and we're never a major player anyway. And with our team down in the dumps (and our city not so great, and our taxation high) there'd be no reason for UFAs to come over unless we seriously overpaid them, which has terrible ramifications down the road.

I'm sorry, I don't like it.

56More on LA trade from Senschirp!!! - Page 4 Empty Re: More on LA trade from Senschirp!!! Thu Feb 05, 2009 5:06 pm

I'm inclined to agree with asq2. I don't think LA makes this deal anyway without sending salary back. They will need it soon enough to start paying these young guys. Therefore:

Spezza for O'Sullivan, Hickey, 1st

I'm not swapping firsts with them either. Lombardi can take this deal or eat my Donkey.

57More on LA trade from Senschirp!!! - Page 4 Empty Re: More on LA trade from Senschirp!!! Thu Feb 05, 2009 5:08 pm

asq2

asq2
All-Star
All-Star

hemlock wrote:I'm inclined to agree with asq2. I don't think LA makes this deal anyway without sending salary back. They will need it soon enough to start paying these young guys. Therefore:

I'm not swapping firsts with them either. Lombardi can take this deal or eat my Donkey.

Still no thanks for me. Hickey is a redundant prospect with Karlsson, Lee and Wiercioch in the system (we need an all-around #1 like Hedman or Bouwmeester IMO), O'Sullivan isn't a centre to replace Spezza and the first isn't particularly good.

Spezza is 25. Heatley is 28. Heatley is worse, more expensive and has more value. He's willing to waive his NTC.

Why would you deal Spezza over Heatley?

58More on LA trade from Senschirp!!! - Page 4 Empty Re: More on LA trade from Senschirp!!! Thu Feb 05, 2009 5:09 pm

Phoenix30

Phoenix30
Veteran
Veteran

hemlock wrote:
Jordo wrote:
hemlock wrote:
Jordo wrote:Not a big surprise here, I was hearing the EXACT same thing. I'm not sure about Bernier though, I'd be surprised if LA was so readily willing to give him up.

I would without a doubt do this deal in a heartbeat though. We're freeing up a lot of capspace, shaking up the team, and starting fresh. If we can draft Hedman at the draft, we are absolutely set.

Fisher-MacDonald?-Heatley
Alfredsson-Moller-_______
Regin-Kelly-Foligno
Donovan-McAmmond-Ruutu

Think about our future D:

Hedman-Karlsson
Teubert-Wercioch
Phillips-Volch

I like the look of that defence. I also think MacDonald is a nice player who could really rack up the points with some skilled players.

That Iafrate quote in your signature literally had me laughing out loud.

What's great is that we give up Spezza's entire contract for next to nothing. Some entry level contracts- we scoop another pick in the draft, which could very well be a good one (assuming LA doesn't make a late season charge). We lose Gerber's contract, Kuba's contract, most likely Neil's contract, Vermette's, we have a lot of loose change to go after a goalie/legit Dman, even after signing a name like Andy MacDonald

Couple points though. Would LA take on Spezza's salary without sending back some? I'd say a guy like O'Sullivan may have to come back. They had problems extending him earlier this year, and got it done finally on the eve of training camp. Kuba has a NTC and will have to waive to go anywhere. I don't think it will be a problem. I doubt his Ottawa roots are very deep at all, but the reason he waived to come to Ottawa in the first place was because it's a hockey market and he wanted to come to one. He may not be inclined to waive to go to a non-hockey market. He doesn't owe the Sens anything (except for maybe increasing his value a little come July 1), and could easily just ride out the Dung storm in Ottawa, then sign somewhere for big dollars.

O'Sullivan could be a good addition here. If can't crack the top line he would add good 2nd line scoring and could be a winger that fisher needs. His contract isnt that bad and he is signed for another 2 years before becoming an RFA again.

As for Kuba I think he would waive if it meant going to a playoff team. Since he is a UFA I dont think the hockey market concern would play too big a role at the moment.

59More on LA trade from Senschirp!!! - Page 4 Empty Re: More on LA trade from Senschirp!!! Thu Feb 05, 2009 5:40 pm

jamvan

jamvan
Veteran
Veteran

I'm telling you guys 100% that Spezza is going nowhere. Believe what you like, but there's no way LA would even consider this. As well, Spezza is playing hurt, even though nothing has been said.

Anybody going to the game tonight or Saturday, watch how often he stretches his back and even moreso today, stays away from contact.

There will be no blockbuster deal in Ottawa this year folks.

60More on LA trade from Senschirp!!! - Page 4 Empty Re: More on LA trade from Senschirp!!! Thu Feb 05, 2009 5:47 pm

jamvan wrote:I'm telling you guys 100% that Spezza is going nowhere. Believe what you like, but there's no way LA would even consider this. As well, Spezza is playing hurt, even though nothing has been said.

Anybody going to the game tonight or Saturday, watch how often he stretches his back and even moreso today, stays away from contact.

Fine, deal Heatley. But one of them has to go. End of Story.

61More on LA trade from Senschirp!!! - Page 4 Empty Re: More on LA trade from Senschirp!!! Thu Feb 05, 2009 5:49 pm

asq2 wrote:
hemlock wrote:I'm inclined to agree with asq2. I don't think LA makes this deal anyway without sending salary back. They will need it soon enough to start paying these young guys. Therefore:

Still no thanks for me. Hickey is a redundant prospect with Karlsson, Lee and Wiercioch in the system (we need an all-around #1 like Hedman or Bouwmeester IMO), O'Sullivan isn't a centre to replace Spezza and the first isn't particularly good.

Spezza is 25. Heatley is 28. Heatley is worse, more expensive and has more value. He's willing to waive his NTC.

Why would you deal Spezza over Heatley?

I wouldn't. I've said for awhile, my preference is to deal Heatley. Is this public knowledge that he'd waive? I've heard rumblings, but is this confiirmed somewhere?

62More on LA trade from Senschirp!!! - Page 4 Empty Re: More on LA trade from Senschirp!!! Thu Feb 05, 2009 5:53 pm

jamvan

jamvan
Veteran
Veteran

hemlock wrote:
jamvan wrote:I'm telling you guys 100% that Spezza is going nowhere. Believe what you like, but there's no way LA would even consider this. As well, Spezza is playing hurt, even though nothing has been said.

Fine, deal Heatley. But one of them has to go. End of Story.
Heatley is going nowhere either.

I don't get it. We've got Heatley, Spezza and Alfie...the only guys that can score on this team and you want to trade away 1 of them!!!! That's why you aren't a GM I guess. No disrespect, but even if you bring in a Teubert and Kopitar, for arguments sake, this steam will still lack talent and suck. There's no overnight remedy here and people need to realize that.

63More on LA trade from Senschirp!!! - Page 4 Empty Re: More on LA trade from Senschirp!!! Thu Feb 05, 2009 6:11 pm

I thought you guys understood that once we get some PMD's, Spezza, Heatley and the rest of our offense will be back to being the highest scoring team in the league again.

Do you think you would have fun playing on this team right now when you know that you can't get anything going through the neutral zone? That is how Spezza and Heatley feel.

Do you think it is a coincidence that SJ and Boston score so much all of the sudden?

Please have some patience with Spezza and Heater. Don't get clouded by some of your issues.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 4 of 5]

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum