GM Hockey
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
GM Hockey

You are not connected. Please login or register

More on LA trade from Senschirp!!!

+10
Phoenix30
asq2
b33f
davetherave
LeCaptain
SensGirl11
SeawaySensFan
PTFlea
Jordo
BigRig
14 posters

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

Go down  Message [Page 2 of 5]

16More on LA trade from Senschirp!!! - Page 2 Empty Re: More on LA trade from Senschirp!!! Thu Feb 05, 2009 11:52 am

SensGirl11

Mod
Mod

Bernier who? Is he actually a good prospect? Do we need another 'Prospect'? I wouldn't do this at all. I'd wait until Giguere or Backstrom or anyone else that has proven themselves in goal.

17More on LA trade from Senschirp!!! - Page 2 Empty Re: More on LA trade from Senschirp!!! Thu Feb 05, 2009 11:54 am

SensGirl11

Mod
Mod

Alright, so I just looked Bernier up. Thanks but no thanks.

18More on LA trade from Senschirp!!! - Page 2 Empty Re: More on LA trade from Senschirp!!! Thu Feb 05, 2009 11:56 am

PTFlea

Co-Founder
Co-Founder

Backstrom is actually a great idea. I wonder if Minny will go with Harding - and if they do, can we get Backstrom - and if so, how much $$? 5 million X 2 years? 3 years?

19More on LA trade from Senschirp!!! - Page 2 Empty Re: More on LA trade from Senschirp!!! Thu Feb 05, 2009 11:57 am

SensGirl11

SensGirl11
Mod
Mod

Holy Dung, Ray Emery has waaaaaaaay better numbers than this kid in the minors.

20More on LA trade from Senschirp!!! - Page 2 Empty Re: More on LA trade from Senschirp!!! Thu Feb 05, 2009 11:58 am

SensGirl11

SensGirl11
Mod
Mod

504Heater wrote:Backstrom is actually a great idea. I wonder if Minny will go with Harding - and if they do, can we get Backstrom - and if so, how much $$? 5 million X 2 years? 3 years?

Please!!!! That sounds about right in this new Cap world we're entering this year. You might even be able to get him for less. But, if that's the case, then Minny will absolutely re-sign him.

21More on LA trade from Senschirp!!! - Page 2 Empty Re: More on LA trade from Senschirp!!! Thu Feb 05, 2009 11:58 am

PTFlea

PTFlea
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

SensGirl11 wrote:Alright, so I just looked Bernier up. Thanks but no thanks.

My goodness...I thought he had stunning stats. His stats are rancid.

http://www.hockeydb.com/ihdb/stats/pdisplay.php?pid=80398

Am I missing something here?

22More on LA trade from Senschirp!!! - Page 2 Empty Re: More on LA trade from Senschirp!!! Thu Feb 05, 2009 11:59 am

BigRig

BigRig
Rookie
Rookie

504Heater wrote:
BigRig77 wrote:
The question remains, is IF it's really going to happen though....

and do we really want a guy like Bernier when it appears our need for goaltending would not be solved by him?

Between Bernier, Elliott and Auld, who would go? Eliott's getting a good look right now and Auld's a solid backup. Is Bernier better than both of them? not right now, he isn't.

If we go goalie shoping it's for a 1#, not a "future 1#" or a 1A.

I don't understand why LA would want Spezza to begin with when they have Kopitar to be honest. I don't get it.

However...getting Bernier would make Elliot expendable for sure. Or you turn around and move Bernier for a number one goalie now. Or..you keep both Elliot and Bernier and cross your fingers.

This move would key around us signing McDonald in July though - and as much as Murray loves him and he respects Murray, I hate having to rely on free agency.

Teubert is very solid though..dude, he and Volchenkov would literally kill guys for years to come. Coupled with Karlsson and Wiercioch and possibly Hedman, we'd look good down the road.

We'd hopefully have the $$ to attract a stud D-man here as well - either via trade or in free agency, because IMO we're still one seasoned number one away from the mini-rebuild - actually probably 2 - but one step at a time.

They key to the deal is LA's first as well. Man...it's quite the package.

any chance of us attracting a Stud here will depend on stability. Nobody is going to want to jump onto a sinking ship...

just for fun, here's the top UFA Dmen coming up.

who do you target and for how much? who's your backup plan?

JBow ( but he won't make it to ufa so ignore)
Ohlund, Mattias
Morris, Derek
Boynton, Nick
Beauchemin, Francois
Niedermayer, Scott (slim to none he's back)
Spacek, Jaroslav
Leopold, Jordan
Komisarek, Mike

23More on LA trade from Senschirp!!! - Page 2 Empty Re: More on LA trade from Senschirp!!! Thu Feb 05, 2009 11:59 am

PTFlea

PTFlea
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

SensGirl11 wrote:
Please!!!! That sounds about right in this new Cap world we're entering this year. You might even be able to get him for less. But, if that's the case, then Minny will absolutely re-sign him.

I think they might go with Harding. Same thing with Anaheim, they might go with Hiller (sp). He's been flat out better than Giguere this year.

Not sure though.

24More on LA trade from Senschirp!!! - Page 2 Empty Re: More on LA trade from Senschirp!!! Thu Feb 05, 2009 12:00 pm

PTFlea

PTFlea
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

BigRig77 wrote:
any chance of us attracting a Stud here will depend on stability. Nobody is going to want to jump onto a sinking ship...

just for fun, here's the top UFA Dmen coming up.

who do you target and for how much? who's your backup plan?

JBow ( but he won't make it to ufa so ignore)
Ohlund, Mattias
Morris, Derek
Boynton, Nick
Beauchemin, Francois
Niedermayer, Scott (slim to none he's back)
Spacek, Jaroslav
Leopold, Jordan
Komisarek, Mike

What a rancid list. We might have to go balls out for J-Bo and if we miss, we'll have to make a draft day deal (Pronger and Giguere? Smile )

25More on LA trade from Senschirp!!! - Page 2 Empty Re: More on LA trade from Senschirp!!! Thu Feb 05, 2009 12:02 pm

Bernier is nothing special IMO. That being said, the guy is 20 and still trying to find his way in the AHL and professional hockey.

We need a goalie prospect, he is a good guy to try and develope.

26More on LA trade from Senschirp!!! - Page 2 Empty Re: More on LA trade from Senschirp!!! Thu Feb 05, 2009 12:02 pm

PTFlea

PTFlea
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

http://www.gmhockey.com/ottawa-centaurs-f31/sick-of-talking-about-spezza-me-too-t1529.htm#33611

Move this talk here. This finally interests me.

27More on LA trade from Senschirp!!! - Page 2 Empty Re: More on LA trade from Senschirp!!! Thu Feb 05, 2009 12:03 pm

BigRig

BigRig
Rookie
Rookie

504Heater wrote:

Maybe LA's promoted all their top talent and the AHL team sucks now?

28More on LA trade from Senschirp!!! - Page 2 Empty Re: More on LA trade from Senschirp!!! Thu Feb 05, 2009 12:06 pm

BigRig77 wrote:
504Heater wrote:

Maybe LA's promoted all their top talent and the AHL team sucks now?

Good possibility. Stats for goaltenders dont always tell the story. If he gets 1000 shots per game, and his GAA is enourmous, well, thats not saying a whole lot.

My buddy is the other goalie down in Manchester and the team down there is not very good at all.

29More on LA trade from Senschirp!!! - Page 2 Empty Re: More on LA trade from Senschirp!!! Thu Feb 05, 2009 12:08 pm

SeawaySensFan

SeawaySensFan
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

Neely4Life wrote:Bernier is nothing special IMO. That being said, the guy is 20 and still trying to find his way in the AHL and professional hockey.

When it comes to goalies, let's face it, there aren't many "special" ones out there.

Crapshoots all, even Backstrom. He'll be 32 by next year and will likely still want big money and long-term. Is it worth it with potentially a weak team in front of him?

30More on LA trade from Senschirp!!! - Page 2 Empty Re: More on LA trade from Senschirp!!! Thu Feb 05, 2009 12:11 pm

SeawaySensFan wrote:
Neely4Life wrote:Bernier is nothing special IMO. That being said, the guy is 20 and still trying to find his way in the AHL and professional hockey.

When it comes to goalies, let's face it, there aren't many "special" ones out there.

Crapshoots all, even Backstrom. He'll be 32 by next year and will likely still want big money and long-term. Is it worth it with potentially a weak team in front of him?

If the Sens are looking for a sure thing going forward then you might as well not do anything. Sens are gonna have to start taking some risks and putting together enough prospects at every position to try and really build a team for the future.

Some will turn out, some won. Some will think will wont, some we think have no shot will. Thats the way it goes. Time to start taking some risks in Ottawa other wise its status quo. The team and fans have ALWAYS had a problem with this.

31More on LA trade from Senschirp!!! - Page 2 Empty Re: More on LA trade from Senschirp!!! Thu Feb 05, 2009 12:15 pm

SeawaySensFan

SeawaySensFan
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

Neely4Life wrote:If the Sens are looking for a sure thing going forward then you might as well not do anything. Sens are gonna have to start taking some risks and putting together enough prospects at every position to try and really build a team for the future.

Some will turn out, some won. Some will think will wont, some we think have no shot will. Thats the way it goes. Time to start taking some risks in Ottawa other wise its status quo. The team and fans have ALWAYS had a problem with this.

I agree. My point was actually that Bernier doesn't add much value to a deal and the surer bet is improving your skaters as opposed to hoping for a goalie to be the saviour.

32More on LA trade from Senschirp!!! - Page 2 Empty Re: More on LA trade from Senschirp!!! Thu Feb 05, 2009 12:17 pm

SeawaySensFan wrote:
Neely4Life wrote:If the Sens are looking for a sure thing going forward then you might as well not do anything. Sens are gonna have to start taking some risks and putting together enough prospects at every position to try and really build a team for the future.

I agree. My point was actually that Bernier doesn't add much value to a deal and the surer bet is improving your skaters as opposed to hoping for a goalie to be the saviour.

I agree with that, but you need a prospect playing goal down in Bingo and Glass' time is almost up there. It doesnt look like he is going to turn out, so you need another guy. You can draft a goalie this year as well, something I think they should have done last year for sure, but maybe their guy was Markstum and he got snatched. Either way, you need players at every position right now and Bernier could be a good guy to grab.

33More on LA trade from Senschirp!!! - Page 2 Empty Re: More on LA trade from Senschirp!!! Thu Feb 05, 2009 12:26 pm

LeCaptain

LeCaptain
All-Star
All-Star

Neely4Life wrote:
SeawaySensFan wrote:

If the Sens are looking for a sure thing going forward then you might as well not do anything. Sens are gonna have to start taking some risks and putting together enough prospects at every position to try and really build a team for the future.

Some will turn out, some won't. Some we think will wont, some we think have no shot will. Thats the way it goes. Time to start taking some risks in Ottawa other wise its status quo. The team and fans have ALWAYS had a problem with this.

Fixed :afro:

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 2 of 5]

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum