GM Hockey
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
GM Hockey

You are not connected. Please login or register

The Clouston Factor

+16
TheAvatar
wprager
beerandsens
smash88
shabbs
Cronie
Acrobat
LeCaptain
Cap'n Clutch
asq2
SeawaySensFan
PKC
Jordo
caissie_1
PTFlea
davetherave
20 posters

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next

Go down  Message [Page 4 of 6]

46The Clouston Factor - Page 4 Empty Re: The Clouston Factor Mon Feb 09, 2009 3:49 pm

PTFlea

Co-Founder
Co-Founder

If by lifetime, you mean next year only to start - then yes!

47The Clouston Factor - Page 4 Empty Re: The Clouston Factor Mon Feb 09, 2009 3:57 pm

TheAvatar

Veteran
Veteran

SeawaySensFan wrote:According to Brendan Bell, Clouston is single and ALWAYS at the rink. Married to the game, kinda like Roger Nielsen was.

Do you mean Jacques Martin?

48The Clouston Factor - Page 4 Empty Re: The Clouston Factor Mon Feb 09, 2009 3:58 pm

wprager

Administrator
Administrator

Cap'n Clutch wrote:Hey Pragues,

You forgot to mention Foligno's improved play as well. He's been a hard worker most of the season but now his work seems to be better focused and is paying off.

He was covered under the "some signs of secondary scoring" bullet.

49The Clouston Factor - Page 4 Empty Re: The Clouston Factor Mon Feb 09, 2009 4:01 pm

Cap'n Clutch

Cap'n Clutch
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

wprager wrote:

You forgot to mention Foligno's improved play as well. He's been a hard worker most of the season but now his work seems to be better focused and is paying off.

I just felt he needed a bullet all to himself so to speak.

- Unknown Author

50The Clouston Factor - Page 4 Empty Re: The Clouston Factor Mon Feb 09, 2009 4:02 pm

SeawaySensFan

SeawaySensFan
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

TheAvatar wrote:
SeawaySensFan wrote:According to Brendan Bell, Clouston is single and ALWAYS at the rink. Married to the game, kinda like Roger Nielsen was.

Do you mean Jacques Martin?

No. I mean Roger Nielsen. He only married in his final year (s).

51The Clouston Factor - Page 4 Empty Re: The Clouston Factor Mon Feb 09, 2009 4:05 pm

SeawaySensFan

SeawaySensFan
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

504Heater wrote:If by lifetime, you mean next year only to start - then yes!

I suppose I'm a bit of a pushover. Here's how I do an interview.

Me: Tell me about some of your outside interests.

Candidate: I dig The Metal.

Me: You're hired. Name your price.

Candidate: But... What about my exper...

Me: I said "hired"!!!

52The Clouston Factor - Page 4 Empty Re: The Clouston Factor Mon Feb 09, 2009 4:13 pm

wprager

wprager
Administrator
Administrator

Cap'n Clutch wrote:
wprager wrote:

I just felt he needed a bullet all to himself so to speak.

OK, OK I went and fixed it. Take a look...

53The Clouston Factor - Page 4 Empty Re: The Clouston Factor Mon Feb 09, 2009 4:29 pm

SensGirl11

SensGirl11
Mod
Mod

cash wrote:
Cronenbergfan wrote:I'd hate to admit it, but yeah, Heatley is still a passenger who seems more content to count bills than play the game to the level the fans KNOW he can.

Sad, truly sad.
There's no player that is more aggravating to watch than Heatley. Even when he has a decent game (by his standards) like last night, he still waits for everyone else to do everything. Even when the puck is closest to him, he waits for a second to see if someone else will get it... He is the laziest player I've ever seen.

Even more so than Kovalev?

I think Kovy takes the cake there.

But, I will say, Heater is by far the most annoying to watch on our team...he's GOT TO DO SOMETHING!! That's why I never understood all this talk about Trade Spezza Trade Spezza all year, when by far, Heatley has been the worst.

I still love him though, he'll crash back to earth and score some goals soon....I hope.

54The Clouston Factor - Page 4 Empty Re: The Clouston Factor Mon Feb 09, 2009 4:30 pm

PTFlea

PTFlea
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

Kovalev is a deep, dark hole of lazy Dung.

55The Clouston Factor - Page 4 Empty Re: The Clouston Factor Mon Feb 09, 2009 5:00 pm

caissie_1

caissie_1
Veteran
Veteran

Kovalev is by far the worst. How the Hab's fan praise this guy is beyond me. Heahtly better get it together before we continue mentioning his name in the same sentence as Kovalev. No good can comme of that.

56The Clouston Factor - Page 4 Empty Re: The Clouston Factor Mon Feb 09, 2009 5:36 pm

Hockeyhero22000

Hockeyhero22000
Veteran
Veteran

I tend to agree with heater these guys have been soo offensively stiffled under hartsburgs system for half the season now that they have the green light to be playing the way they should with hard forechecking they are holding back and expecting to hear it from the coach i say give them a few more games and you will see the big line start doing better especially if we get second line scoring... second line scoring means other teams have to try to stop more than 3 players

57The Clouston Factor - Page 4 Empty Re: The Clouston Factor Mon Feb 09, 2009 8:19 pm

Cronie

Cronie
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

Well said Hero... I think despite the fact that you can see the players talking to Clouston and asking for his guidance constantly, your take is bang on. They look EXTREMELY hesitant, but once the shock factor wears off and they realize he's preaching from a different pulpit (so to speak) I think we'll see them return ever-so-loosely to their run & gun style.

I'll be happy to see them go to the 2 man forecheck and let nature take its course from there.

58The Clouston Factor - Page 4 Empty Re: The Clouston Factor Mon Feb 09, 2009 10:48 pm

TheAvatar

TheAvatar
Veteran
Veteran

SensGirl11 wrote:

But, I will say, Heater is by far the most annoying to watch on our team...he's GOT TO DO SOMETHING!! That's why I never understood all this talk about Trade Spezza Trade Spezza all year, when by far, Heatley has been the worst.

I still love him though, he'll crash back to earth and score some goals soon....I hope.

As I've said before, the best Hockey Heatley played in Ottawa was the year we went to the finals; after all the centermen got injured. He became "a monster" Wink

He never played quite the same after he got hurt last year unfortunately.

TA

59The Clouston Factor - Page 4 Empty Re: The Clouston Factor Mon Feb 09, 2009 10:53 pm

asq2

asq2
All-Star
All-Star

TheAvatar wrote:
SensGirl11 wrote:

As I've said before, the best Hockey Heatley played in Ottawa was the year we went to the finals; after all the centermen got injured. He became "a monster" Wink

He never played quite the same after he got hurt last year unfortunately.

TA

Agreed.

And going forward, if our team is to succeed with them IMO we'll need Spezza and Heatley to be productive on different lines. Although our other lines are going right now.

60The Clouston Factor - Page 4 Empty Re: The Clouston Factor Tue Feb 10, 2009 1:44 pm

Cronie

Cronie
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

Does anyone think Clouston will be behind the Sens bench to start the 2009-2010 season?

61The Clouston Factor - Page 4 Empty Re: The Clouston Factor Tue Feb 10, 2009 2:56 pm

Jordo

Jordo
Sophomore
Sophomore

I could definitely see it to be honest. If the sens start playing really well, they should... he seems to have a good head on his shoulders.

62The Clouston Factor - Page 4 Empty Re: The Clouston Factor Tue Feb 10, 2009 2:58 pm

Cronie

Cronie
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

I agree thus far Jordo. I guess I was curious to hear what others thought.

Clouston's first order of business, for me, is to instill some confidence in these guys to break away from what appears to be Hartsburg's binding system that left them confused and smothered, and institute a 2 man forecheck and what seems to be a run and gun system they had 2 seasons ago that paid off quite well; although I don't think our D is anywhere NEAR the level is could be or SHOULD be to institute that kind of system full-time.

63The Clouston Factor - Page 4 Empty Re: The Clouston Factor Tue Feb 10, 2009 3:53 pm

Hockeyhero22000

Hockeyhero22000
Veteran
Veteran

Our D is no where near that level in terms of passing that is why Clouston has them standing up at the blue lines and pinching in to keep pucks in the zone. A PMD would be nice but clouston's little strategy seems to been working around that so far

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 4 of 6]

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum