GM Hockey
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
GM Hockey

You are not connected. Please login or register

The Clouston Factor

+16
TheAvatar
wprager
beerandsens
smash88
shabbs
Cronie
Acrobat
LeCaptain
Cap'n Clutch
asq2
SeawaySensFan
PKC
Jordo
caissie_1
PTFlea
davetherave
20 posters

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next

Go down  Message [Page 3 of 6]

31The Clouston Factor - Page 3 Empty Re: The Clouston Factor Sun Feb 08, 2009 10:46 am

beerandsens

Sophomore
Sophomore

In retrospect that loss to the Kings doesn't even seem so bad. After all, we had our chances and the Kings have been heating up lately.

32The Clouston Factor - Page 3 Empty Re: The Clouston Factor Sun Feb 08, 2009 12:13 pm

Cronenbergfan wrote:I'd hate to admit it, but yeah, Heatley is still a passenger who seems more content to count bills than play the game to the level the fans KNOW he can.

Sad, truly sad.
There's no player that is more aggravating to watch than Heatley. Even when he has a decent game (by his standards) like last night, he still waits for everyone else to do everything. Even when the puck is closest to him, he waits for a second to see if someone else will get it... He is the laziest player I've ever seen.

33The Clouston Factor - Page 3 Empty Re: The Clouston Factor Sun Feb 08, 2009 11:33 pm

Acrobat

Veteran
Veteran

cash wrote:
Cronenbergfan wrote:I'd hate to admit it, but yeah, Heatley is still a passenger who seems more content to count bills than play the game to the level the fans KNOW he can.

Sad, truly sad.
There's no player that is more aggravating to watch than Heatley. Even when he has a decent game (by his standards) like last night, he still waits for everyone else to do everything. Even when the puck is closest to him, he waits for a second to see if someone else will get it... He is the laziest player I've ever seen.

I will second that.
Last game, he did manage a few decent shots, but through no effort of his own. He may as well put a flag on the business end of his stick, because at least it'll gather some attention as he skates down the ice.

34The Clouston Factor - Page 3 Empty Re: The Clouston Factor Mon Feb 09, 2009 1:10 am

PKC

PKC
All-Star
All-Star

cash wrote:

Sad, truly sad.

It'll change. Someone will whip his into shape.

35The Clouston Factor - Page 3 Empty Re: The Clouston Factor Mon Feb 09, 2009 1:32 am

PTFlea

PTFlea
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

PKC wrote:
cash wrote:

Sad, truly sad.

I would guarantee that he starts rounding into form. I think we underestimate how much the old system smothered the `superstars`.

36The Clouston Factor - Page 3 Empty Re: The Clouston Factor Mon Feb 09, 2009 7:00 am

wprager

wprager
Administrator
Administrator

504Heater wrote:
PKC wrote:
cash wrote:

Sad, truly sad.

I would guarantee that he starts rounding into form. I think we underestimate how much the old system smothered the `superstars`.

I wish I could share some of this optimism. The sad reality, though, is that in the three games since Clouston took over, the Sens:
- scored 5 goals in 190 minutes of regulation + OT (that's 1.58 GpG)
- got shut out by a bottom dweller
- blew a third period lead to a team playing the second game in two nights
- blew a 2-goal lead to another team playing the second game in two nights, missing their top scorer (and top-three in the league) for most of the game

There are certainly positives:
- 3 points in 3 games is .500, which is better than our overall record
- some signs of secondary scoring
- inspired play by Foligno (I'd add Shannon but he's so damn fast I can't even see him sometimes)
- coming back from being down 0-2 against a top team
- 3 for 4 in the latest shootout
- Elliott's improving play

Bottom line, three games is too early to tell. We still haven't won a road game. Oh, and as usual, as soon as we get on any kind of roll, bang, 4 days until their next game.

Last edited by wprager on Mon Feb 09, 2009 4:12 pm; edited 1 time in total

37The Clouston Factor - Page 3 Empty Re: The Clouston Factor Mon Feb 09, 2009 8:01 am

Cap'n Clutch

Cap'n Clutch
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

Hey Pragues,

You forgot to mention Foligno's improved play as well. He's been a hard worker most of the season but now his work seems to be better focused and is paying off.

- Unknown Author

38The Clouston Factor - Page 3 Empty Re: The Clouston Factor Mon Feb 09, 2009 8:08 am

davetherave

davetherave
All-Star
All-Star

504Heater wrote: I would guarantee that he starts rounding into form. I think we underestimate how much the old system smothered the `superstars`.

To address Mr 504Heater's assertions, here are the statistics for the 'superstars' since Mr Clouston's arrival.

Mr Spezza: 3 games, 1 goal, 1 assist.
Mr Heatley: 3 games, 1 assist.

39The Clouston Factor - Page 3 Empty Re: The Clouston Factor Mon Feb 09, 2009 9:59 am

Cronie

Cronie
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

Cap'n Clutch wrote:Hey Pragues,

You forgot to mention Foligno's improved play as well. He's been a hard worker most of the season but now his work seems to be better focused and is paying off.

Oh yeah, Foligno's hard work is not only starting to show promise, but it could be argued his determination and drive is starting to rub off on others as well.

3 games in is WAY to early to judge Clouston's effect as Praguer points out, but I'll be curious to see how they do on their upcoming road trip.

to Melnyk, Murray and Clouston: do NOT lose sight of what's important, and that's #2: HEDMAN!!!

40The Clouston Factor - Page 3 Empty Re: The Clouston Factor Mon Feb 09, 2009 10:07 am

shabbs

shabbs
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer

davetherave wrote:
504Heater wrote: I would guarantee that he starts rounding into form. I think we underestimate how much the old system smothered the `superstars`.

To address Mr 504Heater's assertions, here are the statistics for the 'superstars' since Mr Clouston's arrival.

Mr Spezza: 3 games, 1 goal, 1 assist.
Mr Heatley: 3 games, 1 assist.
And for balance, the three games prior:

Mr Spezza: 3 games, 1 assist.
Mr Heatley: 3 games, 1 goal, 1 assist.

A mirror.

Wink

41The Clouston Factor - Page 3 Empty Re: The Clouston Factor Mon Feb 09, 2009 3:05 pm

PTFlea

PTFlea
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

Trust me. Give it time. New system, be positionally responsible, but also, go for creative plays and offensive zone time. They're so used to being used incorrectly that it'll actually take time for them to get back into the offensive habits (which is depressingly funny).

42The Clouston Factor - Page 3 Empty Re: The Clouston Factor Mon Feb 09, 2009 3:27 pm

shabbs

shabbs
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer

504Heater wrote:Trust me. Give it time. New system, be positionally responsible, but also, go for creative plays and offensive zone time. They're so used to being used incorrectly that it'll actually take time for them to get back into the offensive habits (which is depressingly funny).
I'm having flashbacks...

"Give them time for Hartsy's system to take... lots of change in the off season, new players, new coach, new system..."

Heh heh.

What's old is new again.

Sigh...

I agree, it will, again, take some time for Clouston to get a hold of this team and see what they can do with the tools he gives them. Chances are though, it will be too late for this season, but will hopefully set the table nicely for next season.

43The Clouston Factor - Page 3 Empty Re: The Clouston Factor Mon Feb 09, 2009 3:30 pm

PTFlea

PTFlea
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

I know Shabbs...thing is, this is an aggressive and much more player friendly system that Harts was. The Sens looked like chickens with their heads cut off under him. With Clouston there's an instant positional change which should mean more turnovers. Now he has to get them using their speed at all times. But that'll come IMO.

44The Clouston Factor - Page 3 Empty Re: The Clouston Factor Mon Feb 09, 2009 3:35 pm

SeawaySensFan

SeawaySensFan
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

According to Brendan Bell, Clouston is single and ALWAYS at the rink. Married to the game, kinda like Roger Nielsen was.

45The Clouston Factor - Page 3 Empty Re: The Clouston Factor Mon Feb 09, 2009 3:45 pm

SeawaySensFan

SeawaySensFan
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

Update: Clouston digs The Metal

Give that man a lifetime contract!!!!

46The Clouston Factor - Page 3 Empty Re: The Clouston Factor Mon Feb 09, 2009 3:49 pm

PTFlea

PTFlea
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

If by lifetime, you mean next year only to start - then yes!

47The Clouston Factor - Page 3 Empty Re: The Clouston Factor Mon Feb 09, 2009 3:57 pm

TheAvatar

TheAvatar
Veteran
Veteran

SeawaySensFan wrote:According to Brendan Bell, Clouston is single and ALWAYS at the rink. Married to the game, kinda like Roger Nielsen was.

Do you mean Jacques Martin?

48The Clouston Factor - Page 3 Empty Re: The Clouston Factor Mon Feb 09, 2009 3:58 pm

wprager

wprager
Administrator
Administrator

Cap'n Clutch wrote:Hey Pragues,

He was covered under the "some signs of secondary scoring" bullet.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 3 of 6]

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum