GM Hockey
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
GM Hockey

You are not connected. Please login or register

GAME DAY: Dallas Stars @ Ottawa Senators - 7:00pm Dec. 20th, 2008

+17
jamvan
beerandsens
rooneypoo
Sens4thecup
pgood
Cronie
The Silfer Server
PTFlea
dennycrane
Number Twenty Nine
COLLAR UP
TheAvatar
asq2
LethalLehner
wprager
shabbs
Riprock
21 posters

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10  Next

Go down  Message [Page 2 of 10]

COLLAR UP

Rookie
Rookie

who really wanst to waste their time watching that puke on a Sat. night anyway...

the Sens are terrible on back-to-back nights...and considerng that they played like poop last night...one can only imagine tonight...

...lol... if it was on I'd be watching...lol...but I am just so pissed...they are irritating that crap out of me...

Number Twenty Nine

Veteran
Veteran

+1

dennycrane

Veteran
Veteran

I am having that 'Sens vs. Leafs in the playoffs' feeling right now. In other words, hopeless.

shabbs

shabbs
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer

Frustration has turned to irritation...

I'll tune in to NHL CI to see how it's going but won't waste too much time if we're getting pounded.

Well if Buffalo wins tonight and Ottawa loses, the season is done. 10 points out of 8th with 4 or 5 teams to catch, no shot. Tonight could very well be the game that decides the season.

wprager

wprager
Administrator
Administrator

shabbs wrote:I've got a bad feeling about tonight's game... the "new" Stars, cleansed with Avery's departure...

No worries. My brother in law gave me his tickets so I'll be there with my nearly-eleven-year-old who cheers non-stop. Last time we were there we ended up chanting Pizza-pizza near the end and got rewarded with a slice each.

Is there a special place to stand to get an autograph? Do they have a place before the game (and what time)?

Riprock

Riprock
All-Star
All-Star

At this point I would rather the team finishes bottom 5, preferably last, and gets the #1 pick, as well as a few others in the mid to late teens, early 20s.

And I still wish the game was on tv, despite their performance, I still enjoy watching hockey.

Well, we are playing another last place team, so we should be about due for another loss, but who knows.

Ill be booing my Donkey off with anything less than 100% effort from everyone.

Neely4Life wrote:Well, we are playing another last place team, so we should be about due for another loss, but who knows.

Ill be booing my Donkey off with anything less than 100% effort from everyone.

I don't want effort. I want lazy play. I want losses. I want Hedman.

shabbs wrote:Frustration has turned to irritation...

I'll tune in to NHL CI to see how it's going but won't waste too much time if we're getting pounded.

I want the team to lose. I'm finding it hard to watch games though. Even though losing is what I want to see, I can't actively cheer against them.

asq2

asq2
All-Star
All-Star

hemlock wrote:

I want the team to lose. I'm finding it hard to watch games though. Even though losing is what I want to see, I can't actively cheer against them.

I have the same feeling. But I'm not as frustrated watching them now that they've become a bit more consistently bad.

I just wish they were losing games that involved a bit more scoring (from our side).

But I'll sit by cheering them even when they lose with the knowledge that potentially generational players are up for grabs.

asq2 wrote:
hemlock wrote:

I have the same feeling. But I'm not as frustrated watching them now that they've become a bit more consistently bad.

I just wish they were losing games that involved a bit more scoring (from our side).

But I'll sit by cheering them even when they lose with the knowledge that potentially generational players are up for grabs.

Yeah, that pretty much sums it up for me right there.

PTFlea

PTFlea
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

asq2 wrote:

You can't not cheer for them, that's just impossible as a fan, but I see your points.

Dammit - if we had to keep losing game after game, why couldn't it be 8-7 every night. Even some OT games in there. Unreal. We've turned into the Devils - but no good.

Whatever, either it turns around, or it gets worse.

What generational player are you talking about there Asq? If it's Hedman, I sincerely doubt we have a legit shot at him. MSP, Cowen, Schenn maybe, but I doubt top 2.

504Heater wrote:
asq2 wrote:

You can't not cheer for them, that's just impossible as a fan, but I see your points.

Dammit - if we had to keep losing game after game, why couldn't it be 8-7 every night. Even some OT games in there. Unreal. We've turned into the Devils - but no good.

What generational player are you talking about there Asq? If it's Hedman, I sincerely doubt we have a legit shot at him. MSP, Cowen, Schenn maybe, but I doubt top 2.

It's looking more likely the further into the season we get. This team isn't getting better....it's getting worse. We aren't that far ahead of Tampa.

asq2

asq2
All-Star
All-Star

504Heater wrote:
asq2 wrote:

Hedman and Tavares are the two who have shots at generational status, although I'm still not convinced by Tavares.

I don't think it's impossible for us to get Hedman. We're at this point despite having been one of the best defensive teams in the league, and now we don't even have that.

I'll take MSP, though, even if he doesn't turn into Forsberg in Ovechkin's body (actually, he's taller than AO). Or Cowen, who is Luke Schenn but taller.

Definitely Hedman is the one to aim for, but there are some nice consolation prizes. Especially since re-building can be more than a one-year deal. Taylor Hall would look nice in a Sens uniform.

asq2

asq2
All-Star
All-Star

Man, the Caps got smoked.

Riprock

Riprock
All-Star
All-Star

The Ottawa Senators did not skate on Saturday morning following Friday's loss to the Devils in New Jersey. - TSN

asq2 wrote:Man, the Caps got smoked.

They outshot The Flyers 48-28 too. 7 goals on 28 shots. That's ugly.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 2 of 10]

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum